The Flash could be the biggest box office flop in North American history (maybe worldwide?), losing Warner Bros. $200 million

Ben-Affleck-Opens-Up-About-His-Final-App
FANDOMWIRE.COM

Ben Affleck remembers the last time he became Batman as his future appearance in the new DCU seems highly unlikely

It was also reported before that though the star had shot many of his scenes as the vigilante of Gotham City in the upcoming Jason Momoa film, those scenes have been cut from the film at the last moment as changes have been made in the narration, which no longer requires his presence in the film. Thus, came the end of an era.

Why even release this :dumpster_fire:at this point?

On 7/12/2023 at 9:13 AM, Spork3245 said:

Looks like this goes on streaming for rent/purchase next week

I see your pedestrian "streaming", and raise you NFT/blockchain!

76b11fb77ded21a3866f200fe4b072be.png
WWW.AVCLUB.COM

The Flash movie will be an NFT now, because the future is utterly ridiculous

The Flash, despite some almighty hype, is not a success story. In fact, it’s an explicit failure, with some experts speculating that the film might lose Warner Bros. Pictures up to $200 million. Given all the drama that surrounded DC Studios in general and this film specifically leading up to the release, it’s clear The Flash missed its moment. And speaking of missed moments, The Flash is going to be released as an NFT. This will mark “the first new release feature film from a major Hollywood film studio to be released on blockchain.”

So what does that mean exactly? That’s such a good question. To the blockchain novice—which this writer may or may not be—The Flash NFT looks a bit like a movie metaverse (à la the Us and Nope metaverse experiences launched last year) but sounds essentially like the Special Features section of a DVD. Except in this case, each copy of the movie and its special features are just a little bit different, and instead of putting the film into a DVD player or having it saved to your hard drive, it’s hosted on Eluvio’s blockchain. Is this making sense?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.AVCLUB.COM

Man Barry really sticking his dick in the timeline here.

The movie was good, arguably the best of the DC (live action) movie outings. The ending was (just my reaction as it could give something away that I don’t want to ruin for anyone :p )

Spoiler

Spit Take GIF

I think a lot of the hate is coming from a combination of superhero movie burnout and DCEU hate :shrug: 

11 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I for one don't give a shit about Star Wars/MCU/DCU anymore. Its played out and driven in to the ground.

I only care about fresh IP and I really only been watching old classic movies that I haven't seen before (other than Asteroid City)

Charlie Day Ok GIF

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

I for one don't give a shit about Star Wars/MCU/DCU anymore. Its played out and driven in to the ground.

I only care about fresh IP and I really only been watching old classic movies that I haven't seen before (other than Asteroid City)

How about Indiana Jones?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

So I saw a video of the ending sequence and it's some fucking bullshit that they couldn't even get 5 seconds of footage of Grant Gustin from the show onto one of those orbs.

Apparently the dude that looks exactly like Teddy Sears wasn’t actually him, or something? Who can say at this point.

ezra-miller-the-flash.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

The DCU movie is full of major cameos.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Apparently the dude that looks exactly like Teddy Sears wasn’t actually him, or something? Who can say at this point.

ezra-miller-the-flash.jpg
SCREENRANT.COM

The DCU movie is full of major cameos.

lol my reaction was "why did they put Teddy Sears in John Wesley Shipp's costume?"

It's like they were just hellbent on not having to pay anyone from the CW show a cent despite letting Ezra-Flash appear in the CW Crisis event.

• Halal 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:18 PM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WWW.AVCLUB.COM

I love how blockchain bros will nod a long with the idea that their "owned" item is actually hosted on some private server somewhere without a hint of irony.

On 7/18/2023 at 4:12 PM, Jason said:

So I saw a video of the ending sequence and it's some fucking bullshit that they couldn't even get 5 seconds of footage of Grant Gustin from the show onto one of those orbs.

The fact that they chose cameos that no one under the age of 40 would get is truly baffling. No one from the Arrow-verse, No one from Titans, or Gotham, or Birds of Prey or Doom Patrol or Peacemaker... what a missed oppurtunity. I had to explain. to my parents why Nic Cage was Superman and was fighting a giant Spider. That joke flew over EVERYONE'S heads.

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

The fact that they chose cameos that no one under the age of 40 would get is truly baffling. No one from the Arrow-verse, No one from Titans, or Gotham, or Birds of Prey or Doom Patrol or Peacemaker... what a missed oppurtunity. I had to explain. to my parents why Nic Cage was Superman and was fighting a giant Spider. That joke flew over EVERYONE'S heads.

It wouldn't have been so bad if they just did both IMO. It worked for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse but it didn't have horrible CGI like the Flash though. I can't wait to rewatch that movie because I missed a few things.

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

It wouldn't have been so bad if they just did both IMO. It worked for Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse but it didn't have horrible CGI like the Flash though. I can't wait to rewatch that movie because I missed a few things.

They could have done both. The fact that they completly ignored current DC TV content, the stuff that younger fans would be most familiar with, is truly baffling. Also the CG was terrible. Someone mentioned the baby rescuing scene... jesus it was like he was saving Cabbage Patch Kids.

• True 1

18 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I completely agree that the choices of cameos was bizarre. The fractured nature of the DC properties right now gives them so many opportunities and they failed to capitalize on basically any of it.

Even if the choices themselves weren’t bizarre the way they were used still would have been.