~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Scott is calling for Broward county to be investigated, and claims liberals are trying to steal the election from him.  The nerve of those people counting all the votes....

I mean when drumming up fear about the other side will do to win an election doesnt work. Just do shady things yourself. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It looks like the recount threshold in Arizona is REALLY tight, so if this 0.5% gap holds, Sinema wins. https://ballotpedia.org/Recount_laws_in_Arizona

Note: this is four automatic recounts. Candidates can still go to court and show reasons why a recount should be done if outside the automatic numbers. I’m sure both candidates already have briefs prepared by their legal teams both to challenge the results and to rebut a challenge. This race in particular looks to drag on for a good while.

8 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

This is a bit misleading, theres still 450k mail ballots that have to be counted in AZ, but its looking good for Sinema considering where most of them are from.  Its absolutely crazy to think about how this started and how it might end with the GOP only gaining 2 seats in the senate and losing 40 in the house along with all the state houses and governors.

3 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Note: this is four automatic recounts. Candidates can still go to court and show reasons why a recount should be done if outside the automatic numbers. I’m sure both candidates already have briefs prepared by their legal teams both to challenge the results and to rebut a challenge. This race in particular looks to drag on for a good while.

In the meantime, there will be no senator from AZ. Probably the same in Florida. Similar to when Al Franken was first elected.

Hey, I can relate to this too! If my first job out of college wasn't in a super, super shitty low cost area, I wouldn't have been able to get enough money for the first month rent and deposit in the form of an $800 loan from my parents.

There may be (maybe!) a handful of elected officials in general who can relate to this, or similar issues that she's faced and been honest about.