~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hey, I can relate to this too! If my first job out of college wasn't in a super, super shitty low cost area, I wouldn't have been able to get enough money for the first month rent and deposit in the form of an $800 loan from my parents.

There may be (maybe!) a handful of elected officials in general who can relate to this, or similar issues that she's faced and been honest about.

She can bunk with me if she wants.

1 minute ago, SFLUFAN said:

That brings me to a question: does New York consider itself to be part of Northeast?  I pretty much only consider New England to be the Northeast with New York being the Mid-Atlantic.

New Jersey and New York are definitely Northeast. You wouldn't need a separate terms for Northeast and New England if they were interchangeable.

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Hey, I can relate to this too! If my first job out of college wasn't in a super, super shitty low cost area, I wouldn't have been able to get enough money for the first month rent and deposit in the form of an $800 loan from my parents.

There may be (maybe!) a handful of elected officials in general who can relate to this, or similar issues that she's faced and been honest about.

I have two inflatable beds that she can choose from or she can share the couch with Inuk.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

New Jersey and New York are definitely Northeast. You wouldn't need a separate terms for Northeast and New England if they were interchangeable.

Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware I would consider North East.  Vermont, Masshole, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Maine are New England. 

EDIT: Mid-Atlantic: Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina,

South: South Carolina, Georgia, Florida. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware I would consider North East.  Vermont, Masshole, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Maine are New England. 

"New England" is a sub-division of Northeast.

Northeast - New England Division: Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts 

Northeast - Mid-Atlantic Division: New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania

4 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

Northeast - New England Division: Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont, Connecticut, Massachusetts 

Correct!

32 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

I don't really buy into it, but I do think there's an argument to include Maryland, Delaware, and DC in the latter. Basically, they're north of the Mason-Dixon Line and there's a clear cultural change as you move south on into Virginia.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

That can't be right. Does he mean New England?

Yeah, that's what he means.

Reminds me of 06: all Republicans were defeated in New England.

EDIT: Made a mistake. One Republican was left after 06. The Dems took that seat in 08, ridding New England of GOP reps until the 2010 elections.