~*Official Utterly Useless Old Woman, AOC, and UBI Thread*~

4 hours ago, Anathema- said:

Remember the mocking of a blue wave? Fucking James Carvill.  

You know, I don't even mind the conservative denialism over the blue wave. We all know it's bullshit, and telling themselves that probably only serves to blunt enthusiasm for the next election since their whole turnout strategy is based on fear.

What annoys me is liberals who insist on denying the drubbing because....I dunno....Florida results sucked early on election night and they can't reevaluate their feels in light of virtually every subsequent result.

8 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

What annoys me is liberals who insist on denying the drubbing because....I dunno....Florida results sucked early on election night and they can't reevaluate their feels in light of virtually every subsequent result.

I think some people were actually holding their breaths on retaking the Senate.

Despite the fact that, of course, only netting +2 after blowing out Heitkamp, McCaskill, and Donnelly is a fucking absurdly poor showing by the GOP.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I think some people were actually holding their breaths on retaking the Senate.

Despite the fact that, of course, only netting +2 after blowing out Heitkamp, McCaskill, and Donnelly is a fucking absurdly poor showing by the GOP.

Yeah, taking the Senate was possible but still a long shot. Holding my breath is an accurate description of what I did.

I'd have loved if Democrats won the Senate, but they picked up New Mexico and finally made inroads in Arizona, plus Beto had coattails down ballot in Texas. I think some liberals checked out early because Florida wasn't looking good without realizing there are 49 other states and Scott was a stronger candidate running against Nelson. At least Florida was better down ballot with pickups in the legislature and House.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:33 PM, SaysWho? said:

I guess this is the time I have to remind people that the areas most susceptible in low areas are Democratic areas in South Florida who, by high percentages, don't vote for anti-Environment Republicans.

Well they need to move north because the weight of those millions is pushing Florida into the ground smh. Simple science. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I wouldn't hold it against anyone if their parents sent them to a segregate school. Now...choosing to send her daughter to another segregated school is something else. In this case, she can't even argue it was because it was her old school since that school shut down by the time her kid was old enough.

12 minutes ago, Firewithin said:

well i hope all the old timers they bring out for all their big events like Hank Aaron tell MLB to fuck the fuck off.  holy shit capitalism fucks people up

If "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely" and "money is power" then money corrupts, and the more money one has the more it corrupts. 

Not only was there a blue wave, people seem to keep forgetting this was a year that Democrats had to defend a lot of seats, yet they had many pickups in areas they had no right to win during a "normal" election cycle.

In 2020, the Republicans will be the ones defending a majority of the seats I believe. Oh it will be glorious. 

Mia Love on Trump.

"The President's behavior towards me made me wonder: What did he have to gain by saying such a thing about a fellow Republican," Love said during her speech in Salt Lake City. "It was not really about asking him to do more, was it? Or was it something else? Well Mr. President, we'll have to chat about that."

She continued, "However, this gave me a clear vision of his world as it is. No real relationships, just convenient transactions. That is an insufficient way to implement sincere service and policy."

Love then turned her attention to the larger problem Republicans in Washington have with minority voters.

"This election experience and these comments shines a spotlight on the problems Washington politicians have with minorities and black Americans -- it's transactional, it's not personal," she said.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

How brave of her to say this once she's finally, officially lost her seat.

She didn't shy away from that. Her exact words were, " But now, I am unleashed, I am untethered and I am unshackled, and I can say exactly what's on my mind."

It's OK to say what's on your mind in Congress, doe.

18 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

She didn't shy away from that. Her exact words were, " But now, I am unleashed, I am untethered and I am unshackled, and I can say exactly what's on my mind."

It's OK to say what's on your mind in Congress, doe.

"I didn't say this stuff before because I needed those retards I'm talking about to vote for me"

• Guillotine 1

19 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Dems now leading in CA21 for the first time, and probably going to stay that way netting them 40 seats.

Also a lot of people found out Trump is a shitstain over the last month.

LOL, I think this area was represented by Nunes before a redistricting.