Ted "Unabomber" Kaczynski found dead in his prison cell

12 hours ago, best3444 said:

He's a human being with flaws like everyone else. I'm sure he had people that loved him. We aren't all perfect...

What he did was awful but who knows who he was at he's dying day? He might of repented and was forgiven? Who really knows but the real people that seem hateful is the circle jerk that posts in here. It's absolutely ridiculous what I read in here.

Same with celebrating Pat's death. Absolutely disgusting what I read. I try to stay away from here but it's like a brutal car accident that I l can't keep my eyes off at times. 

Celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden was wrong, guys. He was a human being with flaws like everyone else. I'm sure he had people who loved him. We aren't all perfect...

What he did on 9/11 was awful but who knows who he was that night that Navy SEAL shot him. He might have repented right before that bullet entered his skull and was forgiven. Who really knows, but the real people who seem hateful are the people who danced in circles in the streets when the news came out he was killed.

• True 2
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 hours ago, Brick said:

Celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden was wrong, guys. He was a human being with flaws like everyone else. I'm sure he had people who loved him. We aren't all perfect...

What he did on 9/11 was awful but who knows who he was that night that Navy SEAL shot him. He might have repented right before that bullet entered his skull and was forgiven. Who really knows, but the real people who seem hateful are the people who danced in circles in the streets when the news came out he was killed.

But he’s brown so it’s tots cool!

10 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Every time I see a post from Best, no matter the forum… I just shake my head.

I don’t want to call him a moron… but this dude almost literally needs his hand held to play video games.

For the record, I don't think we should go much/any further down this path; calling out users for bad behavior (whether imagined or real) rarely leads to a good outcome, and is more likely to derail a topic IMO.

However, I've noticed this too and my feeling is that he must be trolling. He didn't used to post this way. 

16 minutes ago, Nokra said:

For the record, I don't think we should go much/any further down this path; calling out users for bad behavior (whether imagined or real) rarely leads to a good outcome, and is more likely to derail a topic IMO.

However, I've noticed this too and my feeling is that he must be trolling. He didn't used to post this way. 

I'm with you, we don't need to hammer it home but notice he didn't even respond to my post that directly quoted him and challenged him. He clearly just ignored it cause he's got nothing. That's pretty much a basic, clear example of someone posting in bad faith, which is like the lowest bar of what not to do on a message board of all places when discussing/debating something. Here and there I see people saying they don't know what posting or arguing "in bad faith" means, well, here's your example. 

35 minutes ago, Nokra said:

Dude, he’s more or less always been this way. 

• True 1

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Every time I see a post from Best, no matter the forum… I just shake my head.

I don’t want to call him a moron… but this dude almost literally needs his hand held to play video games.

How am I moron in my posts in here? You guys will no doubt attack me but all I said was celebrating death is gross. I honestly don't care who it is. How is this stupid or not intelligent? Because everyone here (15 people) agrees with you?

@Greatoneshere what are you even talking about? Your post was way to fuckin long to sum up my simple post. Holy hell I love how everyone here including miss innocent cnut jumps on me whenever the fucking can. Unreal. I have nobody here to back me up because you are all liberals/atheist. 

• Guillotine 1

There is absolutely no reason anybody should be taking shots at me for having my own opinion. It's ridiculous. 

46 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Alright - enough already!

You let everyone in here jump all over me then end it now. Nice job. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There is absolutely no reason anybody should be taking shots at me for having my own opinion. It's ridiculous. 

You let everyone in here jump all over me then end it now. Nice job. 

Your first post was sarcastically calling people class acts for celebrating his death. Don’t play the victim now.

• True 2

Just now, best3444 said:

I just litterally said it's gross. I'm no victim believe me. 

You literally were sarcastically calling people class acts looking for a reaction. You are free to express your opinion but people are also free to tell you your opinion sucks!

• True 1

20 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

WHAT PART OF "ENOUGH ALREADY" DID YOU ALL FAIL TO UNDERSTAND?

Title: The Case Against "Enough Already": An Exploration of Improper Grammar

Introduction

Language is a dynamic and ever-evolving system, rich with diverse expressions and structures. However, maintaining proper grammar is crucial for effective communication. The phrase "enough already" has gained popularity in informal conversations, but its usage raises concerns about its conformity to the rules of standard English grammar. In this essay, we will delve into the reasons why "enough already" cannot be considered proper grammar, examining its structural inconsistencies and highlighting the importance of adhering to grammatical conventions in effective communication.

Structural Inconsistencies

One of the primary reasons why "enough already" fails to meet the standards of proper grammar is its structural inconsistency. In standard English, adjectives typically precede the noun they modify. However, in the phrase "enough already," the word "enough" functions as an adjective modifying an implied noun, which is not explicitly stated. Consequently, the sentence lacks the necessary noun to which "enough" can refer, resulting in an incomplete construction that defies the conventions of proper grammar.

Sentence Fragment

Another significant issue with "enough already" is that it functions as a sentence fragment, failing to form a complete grammatical unit. A complete sentence should consist of a subject and a predicate, expressing a complete thought. However, "enough already" lacks a subject, as it only contains an adverb ("already") modifying the implied noun. Consequently, the phrase cannot stand alone as a grammatically correct sentence.

Absence of Verb

A fundamental aspect of proper grammar is the inclusion of a verb to convey action or a state of being. However, "enough already" lacks a verb, further highlighting its grammatical inadequacy. Without a verb, the phrase fails to express any action or convey a complete idea. Consequently, its usage undermines the principles of proper grammar, hindering effective communication.

Idiomatic Nature and Informal Usage

While the phrase "enough already" may be commonly used in colloquial speech, its idiomatic nature does not excuse its grammatical shortcomings. Idioms are expressions that hold a particular meaning within a given culture or language. They often deviate from standard grammatical rules. While idioms can add color and flair to language, their informal nature makes them unsuitable for formal or written communication where adherence to proper grammar is crucial.

Importance of Grammar in Effective Communication

Grammar plays a vital role in facilitating clear and precise communication. It establishes a framework for organizing thoughts, ensuring that ideas are conveyed accurately and coherently. Proper grammar enables readers and listeners to interpret information correctly, avoiding misunderstandings or misinterpretations. By adhering to grammatical conventions, individuals can convey their ideas with clarity and eloquence, fostering effective communication in various contexts.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the phrase "enough already" cannot be considered proper grammar due to its structural inconsistencies, sentence fragment status, absence of a verb, and idiomatic nature. While informal language may have its place in casual conversation, it is crucial to recognize that adhering to proper grammar remains essential for effective communication. By upholding grammatical standards, individuals can ensure that their ideas are conveyed clearly, avoiding confusion and promoting understanding in diverse linguistic environments.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1