Disney edits The French Connection to remove racial slur

newFile-5.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&auto
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘This is an absolutely unacceptable move,’ one person raged

Streaming versions have been edited to remove a character saying a racial slur. 

I don’t like this. There’s already a rating system in place to deal with this. Secretly editing a film (surely without the director’s wishes) just doesn’t sit right with me. 

49 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Never heard of this film, but I generally don’t like this. As said, there are ratings in place and you can issue content warnings. 

The French Connection is one of those classic, gritty 1970s crime films like Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, etc. that makes you feel like taking a shower after watching it to wash off the urban grime.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The French Connection is one of those classic, gritty 1970s crime films like Serpico, Dog Day Afternoon, Taxi Driver, etc. that makes you feel like taking a shower after watching it to wash off the urban grime.

And Gene Hackman is so goddamned good in it. 

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

May I interest you in "Basket Case" if you enjoy urban grime.

Seriously though, I had first heard about this over the weekend on Robert Meyer Burnett's show on physical media, hell of a rant he had.

• Sicko 1
  • Halal 1

Editing published works because they are no longer acceptable in modern times isn’t a slippery slope, it’s just bad in and of itself. Contextualize the content with introductions to provide learning opportunities for newer generations.

This isn’t hard, people

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

I was watching Bonnie And Clyde last night actually and imdb’d him and was happy to see he had just retired from acting and was still alive at 93 fucking years old! There’s some good news for the day.

He's actually written some novels that look interesting.

• Halal 1

3 minutes ago, Dre801 said:

Bonnie and Clyde(1967) is one of my favorite movies.  

It was very good! Also, was happy to see Estelle Parsons is still kicking it at 96 years old too! Instantly recognized her from Roseanne, I love her.