Does any archive of the old D1P exist?

Chris-

I was trying to explain to my wife the absolutely wild shit that went down back in the day with CMack, Tofurkey, DGH, etc. and I’d love to go back and re-read it (especially since I forget some of the names/details). 

Honestly that could be the most ridiculous oral history, some of the shit that happened back then was unreal. I told her about the time CMack cut his hand and she was floored. 

I also, to be clear, gave @Commissar SFLUFAN full credit for doing the necessary purging. 

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I know we got removed from the Wayback Machine but I'm not sure why.

some data breach that compromised the site with some Chinese shit I believe

don't know if it was D1P-specific or invision suckin' balls

I think it might have had something to do with the Certificate. There was some kind of a lapse involving it and then when the fire nation attacked banning d1p from the wayback machine. Pretty sure there is a way to view old d1p with google cache, I remember digging up old user icons for people, but that might have been before D1P was removed.

I'm glad no record of the things I said 10 years ago exists. Not that I can recall anything bad, but I'm sure there are things I said back then that would give me a big *oof*

Granted I feel like you should always feel that way about yourself. If you don't think you were an idiot 10 years ago, then you haven't changed and probably still are one. Just like I hope I look back and cringe at some of the shit I say now in another 10 years. If I don't, then something went wrong.

4 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm glad no record of the things I said 10 years ago exists. Not that I can recall anything bad, but I'm sure there are things I said back then that would give me a big *oof*

Granted I feel like you should always feel that way about yourself. If you don't think you were an idiot 10 years ago, then you haven't changed and probably still are one. Just like I hope I look back and cringe at some of the shit I say now in another 10 years. If I don't, then something went wrong.

Yeah, I know I’d cringe at some the the dumb drama I got riled up at back then. Glad that’s all gone, lol. 

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I cringe at things I said last week fam. Don’t you dare find anything I said in my 20s, or you and me are DONE professionally.

I'm so glad that we didn't grow up in the age where everything we have ever said is just preserved on the internet forever. Like, my little brother has been on social media since he was 10.

Can you imagine how it's eventually going to affect politics? We have some members of the House in their 30's (even 1 in his 20's), but it hasn't reached the point yet where some political campaign is going to start digging up things people said on twitter when they were 14 as par for the course in a political campaign.

• Halal 1

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I'm so glad that we didn't grow up in the age where everything we have ever said is just preserved on the internet forever. Like, my little brother has been on social media since he was 10.

Can you imagine how it's eventually going to affect politics? We have some members of the House in their 30's (even 1 in his 20's), but it hasn't reached the point yet where some political campaign is going to start digging up things people said on twitter when they were 14 as par for the course in a political campaign.

Yeah it’s crazy. The thing is we were smart enough to shitpost anonymously, now everyone ties it to their real life. I never would have shitposted in the same way like if it was twitter with my real name instead of an anonymous message board in my 20’s.

I remember the big thing would be “oh yeah brave keyboard warrior hiding behind your anonymity, you wouldn’t say that irl!” NO FUCKING SHIT. But now people basically do it’s wild.

• True 1

21 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've wiped my social media many times, and I'll continue to do so.

• Halal 1

Yeah. It feels like a lifetime ago. In my head, I picture Cmack and DT, Irreverent and his Chinese girlfriend all living happily ever after. The bearded gentleman (something wolf?), who sent food to DT, and his wife reconciling, stronger bond than ever. DGH found God and is now a spiritual man, preaching to underprivileged youths. Tofurkey and her husband are now the foster parents of 8 orphans, providing a fantastic life for them. Minnesota Fatz got off the sex offender registry when new evidence came out that the minor's parents were just trying to extort money from him, thinking he was really a wealthy pool hustler. He now advocates for those falsely accused of crimes. 

The final season of Day One Patch has a fairy tale ending. <3

• Shocked 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

I hope they all found peace of some kind. Cmack asked me to send him ecstasy through the mail once. I was like "I'd rather not commit a federal felony, thank you." He was like "come on, what are the odds you'll get caught," and I said "high enough that I'm never going to fucking do it in a million years." Go and socialize with real people at a dive bar, you'll eventually find someone who sells drugs or has a hook up.

I was an absolute mess then. I mean I still am, but I wasn't even posting on D1P when I really hit rock bottom. You guys didn't have to see that.

Still, I miss the unhinged tinychat sessions.

1 hour ago, Derek said:

Yeah. It feels like a lifetime ago. In my head, I picture Cmack and DT, Irreverent and his Chinese girlfriend all living happily ever after. The bearded gentleman (something wolf?), who sent food to DT, and his wife reconciling, stronger bond than ever. DGH found God and is now a spiritual man, preaching to underprivileged youths. Tofurkey and her husband are now the foster parents of 8 orphans, providing a fantastic life for them. Minnesota Fatz got off the sex offender registry when new evidence came out that the minor's parents were just trying to extort money from him, thinking he was really a wealthy pool hustler. He now advocates for those falsely accused of crimes. 

Also the dude that allegedly fucked DT was bombassador. Or maybe not allegedly, I don't know.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Also the dude that allegedly fucked DT was bombassador. Or maybe not allegedly, I don't know.

That's right. Thank you. Well, Bomb and his wife have reconciled. Stronger bond than ever. They are going to be A-okay.

11 hours ago, Derek said:

I can confirm the story for @Rev here ended up with them happily married, happily because he discovered AR glasses so he can game in bed without disturbing her!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I don't know why I even remember this, but didn't @stepee or someone else call what, allegedly, happened a 'mormon dip' lol.

Edit: Might've been DGH. Kind of sounds like him.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:38 AM, sblfilms said:

I cringe at things I said last week fam. Don’t you dare find anything I said in my 20s, or you and me are DONE professionally.

At some point in my 30s I found a journal I kept in high school and after checking out a dozen or so random pages, I honest to god burned it to ashes.

• Haha 4
  • Halal 1

16 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

At some point in my 30s I found a journal I kept in high school and after checking out a dozen or so random pages, I honest to god burned it to ashes.

When I was like 27, I realized my MySpace profile still existed. I was horrified at what I found. Thankfully, from what I remember all myspace profiles that hadn't been updated since before 2015 or something were deleted.

Somehow AIM profiles were brought up while I was talking to someone yesterday. I mostly remember everyone having Taking Back Sunday lyrics as their away message or their profile (or whatever it was called)

~The truth is you could slit my throat,~
~And with my one last gasping breath,~
~I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt~

It was either Taking Back Sunday or Dashboard Confessional.

And even though either yourself or the girl you simp'd for both had Taking Back Sunday lyrics as your away message, she ended up with Chad anyway, because Chad didn't give a fuck. Chad lived his own life and didn't measure his worth based on whether or not Stacey liked him back. He was fine regardless.

Sorry, I know that went off the rails, but this thread has just turned into a nostalgia thread for me now.

Didn't DGH end up in a relationship with tofurkey or is that just something that happened in a fever dream? It's kind of hard to tell the difference with all the shit that happened back then. Especially when I consider all the drugs I was on, most of my 20's is a bit of a blur.

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Didn't DGH end up in a relationship with tofurkey or is that just something that happened in a fever dream? It's kind of hard to tell the difference with all the shit that happened back then. Especially when I consider all the drugs I was on, most of my 20's is a bit of a blur.

Yes. No idea if it's ongoing, though.

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

He's @SmugPrick you could ask him yourself :p

• True 1

I've found exactly two snapshots so far... the hunt is still on!

One for a very specific thread:

https://archive.md/vCwFX

And a 2013 version of the uh... what's it called? The landing page? The overview page? I dunno, the thing before you pick a specific forum!

https://archive.md/UCqfM

There's also several Wayback Machine captures of the Bad Cartridge boards with semi-working links!

• Shocked 2
  • Halal 1

2 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

I've found exactly two snapshots so far... the hunt is still on!

One for a very specific thread:

https://archive.md/vCwFX

And a 2013 version of the uh... what's it called? The landing page? The overview page? I dunno, the thing before you pick a specific forum!

https://archive.md/UCqfM

There's also several Wayback Machine captures of the Bad Cartridge boards with semi-working links!

"is stealth burping in public a microaggression?"

that has to be one the funniest thread titles I've read in a long time. I wish I could read the thread. 

• Haha 1

There are a small handful of memorable posts between IGN and here that I wish I could see once or twice.  I remember a post comparing horse racing sims to Japanese dating sims I was proud of.  I will always be a tiny bit bummed that the heyyoudvd jump to conclusions board is gone forever.  I remember dunking on anotherstormslayer a few times too.

Other than that?  Nothing of value lost.

• True 1