Don Lemon out at CNN

10 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

Did not know about this:

Don-Lemon.jpg?w=1000&h=563&crop=1
VARIETY.COM

CNN anchor Don Lemon displayed misogynistic and unprofessional behavior for more than a decade, colleagues and insiders say.

How hard is it not to do this? Like even if those are your views how does one not have the self awareness to keep that shit to your self?

56 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like this interview was a contributing factor. Just doing a youtube search for this guy has a bunch of chuds saying how he "owned" Don Lemon. So sounds like he went after a troll and got fired for defending his race and standing up against the second amendment.

spacer.png

I wouldn't be surprised... CNN is shifting center right somewhat in a bid to get some of Fox' viewers. The new ownership is responsible for this.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Sounds like this interview was a contributing factor. Just doing a youtube search for this guy has a bunch of chuds saying how he "owned" Don Lemon. So sounds like he went after a troll and got fired for defending his race and standing up against the second amendment.

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I wouldn't be surprised... CNN is shifting center right somewhat in a bid to get some of Fox' viewers. The new ownership is responsible for this.

A black CNN anchor just had her 11 PM show pulled. It seems like Zaslav may not want anchors of color scaring his desired demographic base.

Laura-Coates-CNN-e1681924049149.jpeg
WWW.ADWEEK.COM

A primetime daypart in transition.

Slightly anecdotal in regards to that Don Lemon misogyny story. I do believe he did something wrong not long ago and he was suspended for it (I think). But on twitter I follow one of those right wingers who pretend to not be (kind of like absolutesturgeon) and this person was calling for his head constantly. So while most people find him mostly benign I do think there was some sort of right wing movement to get him removed one way or another and it seems his time has come now. Lots of right wing people dancing on his metaphorical grave now.

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Slightly anecdotal in regards to that Don Lemon misogyny story. I do believe he did something wrong not long ago and he was suspended for it (I think). But on twitter I follow one of those right wingers who pretend to not be (kind of like absolutesturgeon) and this person was calling for his head constantly. So while most people find him mostly benign I do think there was some sort of right wing movement to get him removed one way or another and it seems his time has come now. Lots of right wing people dancing on his metaphorical grave now.

Theres been a bunch of stuff he's done. He got suspended for calling Nikki Haley past her prime, while working with two women at least close to Haleys age. After that a bunch of stuff came out about how awful he is to people, which seemed to be leaked by his coworkers. Theres stuff right down to buying burner phones to threaten a woman who got a show over him, and the purchase was traced to his credit card or something. He's not a good guy, and with the news reports the last few months, this firing wasn't surprising.