Let us thank because a death meant a long weekend.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There is no textual evidence in the Bible to support the notion Jesus believed that he was a divine being.

lol, that's some pretty bunk tiktok theology

Those "outside assumptions of the text" he mentions in the first video are sourced within other passages of the same gospel.  Such as Jesus claiming 'I am' who existed before Abraham (John 8:58), before the world (John 17:5), or that those who have seen him have seen God (John 14:9).  Selective reading of a single verse is the worst kind of cherry picking.

Second video is him reading into another verse the same idea that Jesus is not a divine person.  Mark 2 does nothing to illustrate this either.  Its this guy's own "outside assumption of the text" that relies on the rest of scripture adhering to his view.  (it doesn't)

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

There is no textual evidence in the Bible to support the notion Jesus believed that he was a divine being.

I’m not sure why it matters even if the failed messiah believed he was divine. I’m an ER nurse, I encounter people weekly who believe they’re gods as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaladinSolo said:

Sadly like most people i didn't even get a long weekend, zombie jesus just isn't as powerful as baby jesus.

Yeah SF doesn’t give two fucks about it. Not even any holiday hours at my hospital. My gf was shocked. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

lol, that's some pretty bunk tiktok theology

Those "outside assumptions of the text" he mentions in the first video are sourced within other passages of the same gospel.  Such as Jesus claiming 'I am' who existed before Abraham (John 8:58), before the world (John 17:5), or that those who have seen him have seen God (John 14:9).  Selective reading of a single verse is the worst kind of cherry picking.

Second video is him reading into another verse the same idea that Jesus is not a divine person.  Mark 2 does nothing to illustrate this either.  Its this guy's own "outside assumption of the text" that relies on the rest of scripture adhering to his view.  (it doesn't)

Yeah what translation are you going off of there, cause if it isn't the original Hebrew I'm gonna say you are already several steps down in the biblical game of telephone.

53 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

Yeah what translation are you going off of there, cause if it isn't the original Hebrew I'm gonna say you are already several steps down in the biblical game of telephone.

I'm not quoting any edition verbatim.  Use whatever you wish to check for the meaning.  AFAIK, they aren't passages known to have major discrepancies in translations.

Just now, Fizzzzle said:

I didn't even realize it was Easter until the day after it was Easter. And that was just because my dad texted me something about how he had church obligations (he's a born again Christian, I'm happy for him)

Same, I saw people online mentioning Easter all of a sudden and I was like: "oh yeah, I guess it's Easter". :p 

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

I didn't even realize it was Easter until the day after it was Easter. And that was just because my dad texted me something about how he had church obligations (he's a born again Christian, I'm happy for him)

I tried to go to the gym yesterday and the door was locked. :(@TUFKAK

30 minutes ago, Chadatog said:

The “original Hebrew”…

You may want to see yourself out, bud.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

The “original Hebrew”…

You may want to see yourself out, bud.

Sry was just thinking about the first year course I took that was about Genesis and how many differences from the King James version and what our Rabbi/Professor read from Hebrew and extrapolated that to the NT an many translations through the years.

Though I could of also gone with, Jesus and some of the disciples were Jews, if the original stories were to come from them shouldn't they have been spoken/written in Hebrew at some point?

16 hours ago, MarSolo said:

It never alarmed me more in hindsight than realizing we were teaching kids in the FIRST GRADE about how Jesus was tortured to death.

When the film The Passion of the Christ came out one of my favorite stories was that of very religious, “dont expose kids to violence” folks making young kids watch the film because it was important and acceptable/educational.. lots of stories of kids getting traumatized

heck is screening the movie on Easter a thing?

23 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Christianity would be a way more tempting (by like 2%) religion if Jesus died and burned in hell for all eternity for our sins. Now that would be a goddamn sacrifice!

He sacrificed himself like I sacrificed myself in COD. Respawns are where it’s at.