Star Wars: Ahsoka (Disney+) OUT NOW! - Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, Reputator said:

It's in the trailer, so I don't think it's a spoiler, but I'll tag it anyway just in case

Hide contents

Alright sooo, Sabine has force abilities? Kanan was training her briefly with the dark saber but she never showed any supernatural abilities. But I guess at one point Ashoka started training her too. Technically I guess she might not HAVE to have force abilities, but it's a bit confusing.

All these trailers get me hyped.

Spoiler

Nothing has ever been brought up that she was force-sensitive though if she is, that would be make her the 2nd Mandalorian in lore to be.

I guess if she just wanted lightsaber training instead of just having it around as a paperweight, Ahsoka could help her with that. Since Ahsoka isn't a Jedi, she'd be more open to train a non-force-wielder.

8 minutes ago, 69los said:

All these trailers get me hyped.

Reveal hidden contents

That's pretty much what I'm thinking. Just further training on how to use the thing.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Ahsoka (Disney+, 23 August 2023) - Official Trailer
3 hours ago, Jason said:

So this ties in with Andor?

image.png

She's been in RotJ, Rogue One, Andor, and I think one the new trilogy. If Andor leads to any spin offs, I want one for her. Senate politics, building the rebellion, eventually going under ground. 

On 6/12/2023 at 10:44 AM, Mercury33 said:

I feel like I really really need to finish Rebels before this comes out 

Ahsoka & the Thrawn film in a few years is essentially Dave Filoni "finishing" Rebels but via live action, he's said it himself in a recent interview I happened to read.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Star Wars: Ahsoka (Disney+, 22 August 2023) - Official Trailer

Andor is great but Rebels was greater. Andor was what if we did Star Wars but without anything that actually makes it Star Wars and is entirely meant for Star Wars older fans. Rebels managed to cover every base possible while appealing to different generations of fans at the same time. While also telling a much grander story. 

Both pinnacles of what stories can be told within the world. But watch Rebels again, it gets the edge 😉

• Reputator changed the title to Star Wars: Ahsoka (Disney+) OUT NOW! - Discussion Thread

I do like that so far it doesn't play too much as a fan service. There are numerous nods to Rebels but they aren't winking at the audience, they're in service to the story. The setup here is strong and the new antagonists seem like they're perfectly cast.

Sabine never showed she had any force ability and I'm glad in Part II they acknowledge that. That was my first thought when it was revealed in trailers that she was Ahsoka's apprentice. I was worried they were going to retcon her character.

Very entertaining first 2 episodes!

I wonder if they'll explain why Ahsoka is taking on a "Padawan" since that seems like a very Jedi thing for "I'm no Jedi Tano" to be doing.

Also we love to see another chip added to the "Qui-Gon went out like a punk, actually" pile by having someone else EASILY survive an impalement. With any luck someone else will get sliced in half, Maul style, and also be completely fine (preferably after becoming half scorpion for no reason as well).

I'm not familiar with the actor who plays Sabine, but I hope they had food at craft services during filming because that lady is TINY.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I wonder if they'll explain why Ahsoka is taking on a "Padawan" since that seems like a very Jedi thing for "I'm no Jedi Tano" to be doing.

Also we love to see another chip added to the "Qui-Gon went out like a punk, actually" pile by having someone else EASILY survive an impalement. With any luck someone else will get sliced in half, Maul style, and also be completely fine (preferably after becoming half scorpion for no reason as well).

I'm not familiar with the actor who plays Sabine, but I hope they had food at craft services during filming because that lady is TINY.

i think that’s just the phrase they use when you have a student. the bad guy had a padawan too she even had the braided hair tail thingy 

who btw is hot as shit. i was like hmm maybe she can win a little 

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

They were pretty explicit about where she was impaled, and it didn't look like a vital spot.

1 hour ago, johnny said:

i think that’s just the phrase they use when you have a student. the bad guy had a padawan too she even had the braided hair tail thingy 

who btw is hot as shit. i was like hmm maybe she can win a little 

I thought for sure that was the GoT girl, but apparently not!

Surprised they had Ezra hologram reference Sabine as a sister. They always had hints of a romance, even in these first two episodes. If they do go down the romance angle, super weird, especially for star wars, to reference brother/sister bonding.... makes me think there's no way they're going down that angle now.