Favorite colors? (Also a hobby advice thread)

Zaku3

My favorite colors are black and red. I need to determine if I prefer black to red to decide between 30k Blood Angels or Dark Angels. Just looking for other people's favorite colors and if you have more then one do you like them together or seperate and which do u prefer as the primary color?

Yes this is the stuff I think about while high.

My favorite colors are Blue and Green. I wouldn't say I am a fan of them together, but the earth is mostly blue and green and it looks pretty good. If I had to pick a singular favorite I would say green, but I actually think it is blue. I only say green because as a kid it was 100% green, but now I am more on the blue side. However, if I had to pick a lightsaber color it would be green. But I usually prefer blue for clothing and cloth. Any green clothing is forest, olive, or pine colored as I am not a fan of bright colors.

I am also a big fan of silver and gray. Silver looks great with blue and dark grays for bright greens. I also have a few shirts that are colored with gray. Such as a heathered blue shirt or ashy dark pink - pretty close to red.

In video games, I use a lot of back and red colors because they work really well together and I have black and red tie-dyed shirts IRL it isn't that I love those colors but that they are easy to work with while looking nice. Black and gold also look nice, but I prefer black and silver when it comes to pairing black with a shiny color.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

I swear I'd buy a Netherlands shirt atleast because Orange is so good. Those black away with orange letters and accents is based too.

Yeah I’m not a baseball fan but I do like how the local team, Giants, have an orange/black thing going which looks great.

• Halal 1

Orange has always reminded me of green, but if green was shit and lame. Orange has its place, but it is a bottom-tier color. Foodstuff that is colored orange is always a treat, but, on clothing and items (toothbrushes, cars, trinkets, electronics, etc) orange is pretty weak. Orange is pretty much sunsets, foodstuffs, and Halloween(where it only works because of black). I own basically nothing in the color of orange.

• Guillotine 1

From a color theory POV orange is a red I believe. Atleast I think GW organises their paint racks by color theory.

@Keyser_Soze I don't care for American football but I do want to buy a Chicago Bull jersey like 2x and wear a 2x black white or red tee underneath. Baggy jeans and tims or air force ones. 

4 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

From a color theory POV orange is a red I believe. Atleast I think GW organises their paint racks by color theory.

@Keyser_Soze I don't care for American football but I do want to buy a Chicago Bull jersey like 2x and wear a 2x black white or red tee underneath. Baggy jeans and tims or air force ones. 

But what about Canadian football? 🤔

As for me, when I was young I liked purple. But as I got older I liked green and I like some blue as well. Also, underrated color, yellow I like that color.

I don't really like the color black, and I don't like red either that much, I don't think I look very good wearing red. Pink I can get down with though.

Green and purple. Green because, like everyone my age, I was obsessed with the Green Ranger from Power Rangers, and purple because as a kid I wasn't allowed to like anything pink cause my dad wasn't gonna raise no [bundle of sticks], but relented on letting me have purple things. Green used to be my main, but I've switched it over to purple, kinda feels like I'm reclaiming my childhood in a way.

• Haha 1

Love the orange, certain yellows, and blues. I love my Toronto Blue Jays powder blue uniforms. Hot a couple of my own, and would have done it for my current vehicle. With supply and wait times being and issues, I settled on a darker Alto Blue for my Bronco Sport. Orange is what my last 2 escapes were, with the one before being my fav Electric Spice. Also would have loved to of done the yellow canary like colour on my car as well. 

Blue and yellow are the only colors I can fully see because of a certain genetic deficiency, so I'm partial to them. I got through color theory in art school by using hex codes.

I mostly dress in black/white/grey, but I'm partial to using opposite colors in various tones of brightness.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Y'all can literally share the exact hex code of your favorite color and you still go 'uhhh blue!!!'

Yes because I like too many shades of green and blue to bother posting posting them. Just blue and green does a good enough job.

2 hours ago, Chris- said:

Y'all can literally share the exact hex code of your favorite color and you still go 'uhhh blue!!!'

I am such a GW whore I'd legit say like Blood Red is my favorite GW red. Forgot the current name of it. Think it's Wazdakka red or something. 

On 3/23/2023 at 1:01 PM, Zaku3 said:

My favorite colors are black and red. I need to determine if I prefer black to red to decide between 30k Blood Angels or Dark Angels. Just looking for other people's favorite colors and if you have more then one do you like them together or seperate and which do u prefer as the primary color?

Yes this is the stuff I think about while high.

Dark Angels. Too many Blood Angels out there. Plus, DA have some mystery behind them, far more interesting.