Do You Shop Immediately Following the Holidays for Yourself?

SoberChef

I genuinely am not a fan, morally speaking, that I have this habit that was more or less instilled in me since my youth. Back then we always joked my mom got 2 Christmas' because half of what my dad would get her she would end up returning and exchanging for things she wanted. Since then, now well into adult life, I always end up snagging shit off my wishlists that I didn't get, and I genuinely cannot even say why I do it other than pithy excuse. 

I generally don’t like the focus of gift giving around special occasions, I’ve always given gifts to people in my life whenever I felt like it. Similarly, I don’t think of there being a particular time of year to buy things for myself. If I need or want something and it is in the budget, I get it 

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I generally don’t like the focus of gift giving around special occasions, I’ve always given gifts to people in my life whenever I felt like it. Similarly, I don’t think of there being a particular time of year to buy things for myself. If I need or want something and it is in the budget, I get it 

Can you speak with my mom

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Haha. We put up a tree and a bunch of decorations. That was maybe a week before Thanksgiving. Then they go down January 3rd or so. 

I’m not talking about your parents. That doesn’t count. When you lived alone what did you decorate your apartment with?

8 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Oh, never a tree but things at my door and bathroom towels. I never went crazy. Living with my bro we'd get a tree. 

24 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Shut the fuck up. You probably don’t even put up a tree you Grinch pos. 

My original post stands 

My wife has said she’ll take me shopping to get some gifts. I think I’m happily at the point though where I don’t really want anything for Christmas, or birthday’s for that matter - though my wife arranged a lovely break for us both as my birthday present. With having a young child and having young nieces, it’s more about their enjoyment and being part of it. 

Edit: on posting, I realise how much of an old man/cliche this post is. 

17 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Feeling pressured to give people gifts makes me not want to do it.

• Like 1