Judas (PS5/Xbox Series/PC | 202?) - A Bioshock-like Game From Ken Levine, update - "Who is Judas?" story trailer

Keyser_Soze

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1670549511
STORE.STEAMPOWERED.COM

A disintegrating starship. A desperate escape plan. You are the mysterious and troubled Judas. Your only hope for survival is to make or break alliances with your worst enemies. Will you work together to fix what you broke – or will you leave it to burn?

A disintegrating starship. A desperate escape plan.

You are the mysterious and troubled Judas. Your only hope for survival is to make or break alliances with your worst enemies. Will you work together to fix what you broke – or will you leave it to burn?

Judas is a narrative FPS developed by Ghost Story Games, a studio led by Ken Levine, Director of System Shock 2, BioShock, and BioShock Infinite.

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Judas (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 202?) - A Bioshock-like Game From Ken Levine
16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Bioshock 2 was really good too! I know he didn’t do that one but I like to remind people.

For sure - BioShock 2 was good, and underrated because it had to compete with BioShock 1 at the time. And yeah, Levine had nothing to do with it, so didn't feel it was relevant for Judas. But you are right.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Brian said:

He fired all his staff and spent 8 years figuring out his next game and it is Bioshock Space which was the most likely place for the next game. 

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

This is the post of the week. 

However, I'm looking forward to Judas because it looks really cool. 

• Hugs 1

On 12/9/2022 at 12:07 AM, Brian said:

He fired all his staff and spent 8 years figuring out his next game and it is Bioshock Space which was the most likely place for the next game. 

Montage Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

ken Levine is one of the best Devs in the industry. Bioshock and Bioshock infinite we’re both instant classics. He can do whatever he wants, I’m in Day 1. 

plus, it looks awesome.

• True 1

• 1 year later...
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Judas (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, 202?) - A Bioshock-like Game From Ken Levine, update - "Who is Judas?" story trailer
  • Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to Judas (PS5/Xbox Series/PC | 202?) - A Bioshock-like Game From Ken Levine, update - "Who is Judas?" story trailer
  • 1 month later...

Looking at any amount of footage for this, my brain just goes "Yup, that's Bioshock" and I immediately move on to something else. I thought Bioshock was kind of dated and unfun when it was new. To "build" a new company (gut and replace, same thing right?) and then just spend 10 years to rebuild the same exact thing is super lame to me. Was there like... really nothing else they wanted to do? Was Bioshock the best he could ever envision?

33 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Looking at any amount of footage for this, my brain just goes "Yup, that's Bioshock" and I immediately move on to something else. I thought Bioshock was kind of dated and unfun when it was new. To "build" a new company (gut and replace, same thing right?) and then just spend 10 years to rebuild the same exact thing is super lame to me. Was there like... really nothing else they wanted to do? Was Bioshock the best he could ever envision?

The interview makes it sound like he's trying to do something much bigger and harder with the narrative. Will he succeed? Fuck if I know, but the goal at least does seem categorically different from the linear nature of Bioshock.

• Thanks 1
  • True 1