The game you haven't heard a peep about in some time thread!

Mr.Vic20

With COVID having shifted seemingly 90% of games into a release window called, Not 2022, I thought it might be fun to have us all collect and share the projects we track. Not all games are the darling of the press and so don't enjoy a steady stream of free attention to keep you up to date on their development and subsequent release dates. I'll go first with one I have doubts will ever come out, but still I'm curious simply because its made by Denis Dyack, slayer of Canadian towns! Here is his last Steam comments on Deadhaus Sonata:

ddyack  [developer] Aug 6 @ 6:27am  
14.png?v=5

"It's summer of 2022. Any updates?" - we have release a combat demo - you can download it and play it now. Please check it out.

We will not be releasing this year (2022) and have switch engines to Unity HDRP. Once we feel comfortable with a release date we will post it here. Sorry, I know it is frustrating - it is for us too.

Witchfire, a  supernatural FPS by "The Astronauts", was originally scheduled to launch in early access, by Q3 of this year, but thanks to a rework of its combat system it will not arrive until "early 2023" as per this article below:

Witchfire-No-Barriers-2.jpg
WWW.THEASTRONAUTS.COM

In the blog post with the Summer game Fest trailer, we wrote: We’re aiming for Q4 2022. But we will not release, not even in Early Access, until we’re happy with what we have. You only hav...

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk.  I think it was supposed to come out a couple years ago.  It was just delayed again until next year.  My guess is that they can only imitate JSR effectively at the surface level, and realized that the game was missing that special alchemy that made JSR so effective and transcendent in the first place.

• Halal 2

Here's another one I'm looking forward to eventually:

1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

A new adventure is on the way - In a bit of a shock announcement earlier this week, Playtonic - the UK developer comprised...

There's a ton of Microsoft projects that could also apply.  Perfect Dark, Fable, Indiana Jones, Avowed, Everwild, etc.

I'd also like to know what Pragmata is from Capcom.  See what IO does with 007.

• Thanks 1

I'm still wondering what's up with Comcept's Red Ash: The Indelible Legend, and also what happened to High Voltage Software's The Grinder. The former IIRC found a publisher despite the Kickstarter campaign failing. The latter hasn't had any news to my knowledge in over a decade, lmao. Assuming it wasn't silently canceled, I doubt it would be coming out on the Wii at this point in time.

On 11/8/2022 at 9:47 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

With COVID having shifted seemingly 90% of games into a release window called, Not 2022, I thought it might be fun to have us all collect and share the projects we track. Not all games are the darling of the press and so don't enjoy a steady stream of free attention to keep you up to date on their development and subsequent release dates. I'll go first with one I have doubts will ever come out, but still I'm curious simply because its made by Denis Dyack, slayer of Canadian towns! Here is his last Steam comments on Deadhaus Sonata:

ddyack  [developer] Aug 6 @ 6:27am  
14.png?v=5

"It's summer of 2022. Any updates?" - we have release a combat demo - you can download it and play it now. Please check it out.

We will not be releasing this year (2022) and have switch engines to Unity HDRP. Once we feel comfortable with a release date we will post it here. Sorry, I know it is frustrating - it is for us too.

Denis Dyack 😑 Should of just stuck with Unreal Engine so I could have my 2 Human and Too Human 3 😭

• Hugs 1

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 10:08 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Witchfire, a  supernatural FPS by "The Astronauts", was originally scheduled to launch in early access, by Q3 of this year, but thanks to a rework of its combat system it will not arrive until "early 2023" as per this article below:

WWW.THEASTRONAUTS.COM

In the blog post with the Summer game Fest trailer, we wrote: We’re aiming for Q4 2022. But we will not release, not even in Early Access, until we’re happy with what we have. You only hav...

• Halal 1

Mass Effect 4 (or whatever they're gonna call it)

Let's hope they don't shit the bed as hard as they did previously. I've got pretty low confidence in BioWare though given the last couple of turds they put out and ... other reported issues of theirs.

• 3 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 6:56 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

Here is a bonus title: Granblue Fantasy: Relink. A JRPG originally announced in 2016, it recently announced a world wide release is coming in 2023. Of course they have made similar announcements in the preceding two years as well soooo... 

@Mr.Vic20 Your dream came true

• Hugs 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2022 at 7:08 AM, Mr.Vic20 said:

WWW.THEASTRONAUTS.COM

@Mr.Vic20 You got another one

• Halal 1