Podcasts, what are you listening to?

gamer.tv

17 minutes ago, gamer.tv said:

I've just got into the world of podcasts with some pleasantly tentative steps.  Namely, No Such thing as a Fish and everyone's favourite Giant Bombcast. 

I have a few others like Caliphate, Guardian Science Show, but I just want pleasant fun rather than intense life lessons. 

I used to be able to listen to more podcast as used to commute 4-5 times a week and each commute being a 2 hours round trip. But now I only commute 3 days so a lot less podcast for me to listen to. Currently I am able to listen to just the Giantbomcast and Giantbeastcast. But I am still subscribed to the others those being:

Art of Wrestling (Colt Cabana's wrestling podcast)

The Fighter and the Kid (Podcast with Brendan Shaub - Former UFC fighter and Bryan Callen -comedian)

Day One Podcast (When ever those guys get to making one :p )

Dude Soup (Funhaus podcast)

Going in Raw (Wrestling podcast)

How did this get made (Podcast about bad movies)

Talk is Jericho (Wrestling podcast)

Startalk (Neil Degass Tyson's podcast about science and space)

The Steve Austin Podcast (Wresting Podcast with the baddest SOB on the planet)

Rooster Teeth Podcast (Podcast mostly about shooting the shit)

• Like 1

I haven’t done a podcast in a longtime but want to get back into my Hollywood Babble-On with Kevin Smith and Ralph Garmen. Also want to get back into Talkin’ Toons with Rob Paulsen He’s the guy that played the voices of Yakko, Dr. Scarchensniff, Pinky and many many more. If you want something for music I highly suggest Ongoing History of New Music with Allen Cross This man is a local radio DJ/manager from Toronto 102.1 The Edge and is a show that they play on Sunday nights. Except this man lives and breaths music and the topic is usually something new every week. Might keep a theme for 3-4 episodes and then moves onto something new. 

I just finished season 2 of In the Dark and it was excellent. It's another in the true crime genre, but I think this one does an excellent job of setting itself apart. There was real dedication, with reporters moving states and working for a year on the story. It's also a rare case where I finished it and felt some amount of closure. Not entirely, because the case is still ongoing, but I think there's a decent chance the reporting done here will help decide what happens. It centers around a man who has been convicted and sentenced to death six times for the same crime.

I'm also listening to Slow Burn. Season 1 examined Watergate and was really excellent. Season 2 is about the Clinton impeachment and still worthwhile, but not quite as mind blowing to me as the first. Still, they're short, well done episodes easily worth your time.

I listen to film reviews on the /filmcast, Fighting in the War Room, and The Treatment, and The Vergecast for tech news.

I also quite like Freakonomics and Intelligence Squared US, which has experts formally debate issues.

The most recent Hardcore History, starting a series about Japan going from the Meiji Restoration to WWII was very good.

For history I still also listen to Revolutions and the History of the 20th Century Podcast Regularly. I started listening to some of You Must Remember This recently, which is very good. James Bonding is very funny.

9 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

The Beastcast is my absolute favorite. It always has me laughing. 

Yup Beastcast>Bombcast but it's mostly because I just can't stand the sound of Ben Pack's voice.  He seems like a cool dude but he definitely doesn't have a radio voice. Sounds like rocks grinding together. There are times where I just have to stop listening because he is talking too much which makes me sad because I enjoy everyone else :(

Doug Loves Movies - a live show hosted by comedian Doug Benson. Talks about movies and plays games with comedians/actors. 

Doughboys - two friends review chain restaurants with a guest, slowly destroying their bodies as well as their friendship in the process. 

those are two of my favorite for silly fun.

• Nokra changed the title to Podcasts, what are you listening to?