2022 Midterm Thread

2 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

We probably won't know until the end of the week who wins, will we?

We'll know by tomorrow most likely, almost all of that will be counted, but more mail can trickle in for a few more days.  We may even know today since they plan to announce just how many ballots they currently have in Clark county, if its the assumed 100k or greater dems are looking really good.

1 minute ago, marioandsonic said:

Same with AZ?

AZ will probably continue to tighten but the margins on the actual count there are going to matter not just how many ballots are coming in so probably longer there, but Kelly is basically guaranteed in AZ, Hobbs not so much.  Like when they release AZs count for today and its like 50/50 dems basically all won, if its more heavily favored to the GOP it gets interesting.

Just now, Air_Delivery said:

Seems to me now adays polls are mostly useless because people are so polarized there are barely any undecided voteres so elections basically go the same way every time. 

I think polls did pretty well (at least the ones that weren't partisan), but I honestly find them useless just because why are we spending airtime talking about horse race polls? I hate it when an anchor asks a candidate, "But if your opponent is as bad as you say, why are the polls close?"

Who gives a shit? They're making an argument and trying to move the polls. STOP ASKING THAT!!!

4 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Seems to me now a days polls are mostly useless because people are so polarized there are barely any undecided voteres so elections basically go the same way every time and everything is decided by razor thin margins.

The non-partisan polls were pretty good. The thing is, it's expected that polls will be off (even in aggregate) by 2-3%, even at the national level. The only time that really matters is when a country is divided almost exactly down the middle, which America is. If they were off by the same amount but the results were 60-40, then we wouldn't really care because they would have forecasted most of the races very well (since there would be fewer close calls).

7 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Seems to me now a days polls are mostly useless because people are so polarized there are barely any undecided voteres so elections basically go the same way every time and everything is decided by razor thin margins.

The polls were about as on the money as they could be.

You-Know-Who posted this one on his social media app (weird capitalization is verbatim):

Now that the Election in Florida is over, and everything went quite well, shouldn't it be said that in 2020, I got 1.1 million more votes in Florida than Ron D got this year, 5.7 million to 4.6 million? Just asking?

• Haha 6

Boy, you guys got rattled. It's 30 against 1, I have no chance lol. I know what I said is correct, and so do you guys. I work with the middle class and they are disgusted in what happened. 

Democratic. Rich. Snobs. Period. Quote me a thousand times and try to defend your stupid remarks. Make fun of me all you want, too. It litteraly doesn't bother me at all. Keep teaming up and circle jerk. 

Just now, best3444 said:

Boy, you guys got rattled. It's 30 against 1, I have no chance lol. I know what I said is correct, and so do you guys. I work with the middle class and they are disgusted in what happened. 

Democratic. Rich. Snobs. Period. Quote me a thousand times and try to defend your stupid remarks. Make fun of me all you want, too. It litteraly doesn't bother me at all. Keep teaming up and circle jerk. 

The only person here not supporting their statements, and thus needs to defend them, is you.

In what specifically is the middle class disgusted?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I thought about responding to Dodger, too, but I just wasn’t in the mood that particular moment.

They both dumb for saying it, though. 

I said it as a joke in a throw away thread on another board and you know, not as a serious post in an actual political thread on the actual CEB. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There's more middle class than rich, so I think you need to extend your reach of middle class folk if that's all "they" are saying to you, my dude. Lots of middle class people in a lot of places where Democrats did well.

Also, thanks for the permission to quote you. :p 

I'm kind of tired of people treating red states like Texas as monoliths, where every single person in them votes Republican.

It's actually kind of disturbing how many people think people in red states deserve to have bad things happen to them, as if they should be punished for voting differently from them.

• Hugs 2

27 minutes ago, best3444 said:

A person can bust his ass working, pulling double shifts often in sacrifice of his health (mental and physical) and yet one medical emergency can cause this person to lose his apartment and cat. Something is wrong with that scenario. It should never happen in this country. I plan on supporting the party that will try to make sure that doesn’t happen to more people. Call me whatever you want. I will drag your ass kicking and screaming into a better future.

• Like 4
  • Sicko 1
  • Halal 6
  • Sicko Sherman 1
  • Hugs 1

26 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I said it as a joke in a throw away thread on another board and you know, not as a serious post in an actual political thread on the actual CEB. 

How dare you come back with this reasonable post? If I made six figures, I would give you some.

• Haha 2
  • Halal 1