Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

31 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm reading reviews and not seeing where you guys are reading this stuff. Can you link me to where it says vrr is official for the xsx version? I'd rather play on my PS5 but if it's going to potentially run at 40fps on xsx I guess I have to get it on that. 

It’s highly possible a lot of non technically minded reviewers don’t even know about it, but the VRR thing is a system level thing. It’s just a difference in how the two machines are designed. And then coupled with the fact that all console versions of this have a low/unlocked fps, and it’s not anything that needs an investigation per se.

I believe John mentions it here.

17 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm reading reviews and not seeing where you guys are reading this stuff. Can you link me to where it says vrr is official for the xsx version? I'd rather play on my PS5 but if it's going to potentially run at 40fps on xsx I guess I have to get it on that. 

On 3/12/2024 at 10:54 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

Well he did say that the Xbox version would be the one to get if those kinks aren't ironed out. Too bad you wanted the PS5 version so badly.

:troll:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It’s highly possible a lot of non technically minded reviewers don’t even know about it, but the VRR thing is a system level thing. It’s just a difference in how the two machines are designed. And then coupled with the fact that all console versions of this have a low/unlocked fps, and it’s not anything that needs an investigation per se.

I believe John mentions it here.

I thought VRR on TVs was only available above 40 fps?

5 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I thought VRR on TVs was only available above 40 fps?

It depends on the tv, but LFC can be used below 40fps, essentially doing the blank frames thing to make those dips below the vrr threshold still look okay.

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

It depends on the tv, but LFC can be used below 40fps, essentially doing the blank frames thing to make those dips below the vrr threshold still look okay.

I tried to Google LFC to figure out what you were saying, and all I got was Liverpool Football Club.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Isn't low framerate compensation precisely where the PS5 fails when it comes to VRR? Or did they ever fix that?

5 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Isn't low framerate compensation precisely where the PS5 fails when it comes to VRR? Or did they ever fix that?

Yes it is, which is why I’m trying to make people with both consoles aware!

• Halal 1

8 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I tried to Google LFC to figure out what you were saying, and all I got was Liverpool Football Club.

TWISTEDVOXEL.COM

A year and a half after its launch, the PS5 finally received its much anticipated VRR update. Fans were eager to try out the new feature on their supported televisions, and sure enough, Variable Refresh Rate...

• Hype 1

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I just need to know that the XSX version absolutely runs vrr 40fps. I really don't want to but it on that if possible but I obviously will take vrr over a better image quality. 

It’s not if XSX will work for VRR at 40fps and below, it will. It’s a system wide feature. The question is if Capcom specifically programmed in a 120hz mode for DD2 on ps5, otherwise it will not have the ability to do so there.

Keep in mind VRR is not the same thing as a 40fps mode. That is just using how 40 is divisible into 120hz to make 40fps smooth. There are some tvs without vrr that are 120hz and can thus do the 40fps modes, for example.

21 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just need to know that the XSX version absolutely runs vrr 40fps. I really don't want to buy it on that if possible but I obviously will take vrr over a better image quality. 

Bro why you hate Series X now? I really enjoy mine. If I’m playing a huge open world rpg I’d want to play it on the X. 

12 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Bro why you hate Series X now? I really enjoy mine. If I’m playing a huge open world rpg I’d want to play it on the X. 

I've said it numerous times that PS5 games look better on my TV. I also prefer the PS5 controller. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What kind of TV do you have? Is it a Sony TV?

Samsung OLED 65in. I did absolutely everything in my power to get the XSX to look like my PS5 and no matter what I do the XSX is a bit more washed out. Don't get me wrong, it still looks excellent but PS5 games absolutely pop on this TV. 

• Like 1

Fextralife, which has become my go to for RPGs, said the game really didn’t start to click till between 20/30 hours and that it wasn’t until the endgame that it really starts to shine. He did love the game btw. 

Those are two pretty massive red flag deal breakers for me. 

That being said, I’m off from work next week 👀

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

Samsung OLED 65in. I did absolutely everything in my power to get the XSX to look like my PS5 and no matter what I do the XSX is a bit more washed out. Don't get me wrong, it still looks excellent but PS5 games absolutely pop on this TV. 

Interesting... my parent's have a Samsung Oled and I've never really been a fan. Those TV's always seem to have a weird green tint to them for some reason.

5 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Fextralife, which has become my go to for RPGs, said the game really didn’t start to click till between 20/30 hours and that it wasn’t until the endgame that it really starts to shine. He did love the game btw. 

Those are two pretty massive red flag deal breakers for me. 

That being said, I’m off from work next week 👀

I like Fextralife too, he's been REAL big on Rise of the Ronin so I have no idea which game I'm gonna focus on... I'm obviously buying both this week even though I should wait. Added to the fact that I've started to dive into my second Cyberpunk playthrough and I really SHOULD excercise some self control :p

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Interesting... my parent's have a Samsung Oled and I've never really been a fan. Those TV's always seem to have a weird green tint to them for some reason.

I like Fextralife too, he's been REAL big on Rise of the Ronin so I have no idea which game I'm gonna focus on... I'm obviously buying both this week even though I should wait. Added to the fact that I've started to dive into my second Cyberpunk playthrough and I really SHOULD excercise some self control :p

He's been more over on RoR than DS2? I've seen the total opposite from what I've seen