Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

5 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You can give them 4 "inclinations" Kindhearted, Calm, Simple and Straightforward (these are kind of like in the first game) - this affects what they do in battle but maybe it could affect what they say or how they say it. (I don't know for sure of course)

Yeah this is in the first game too and you can basically set your main pawn's personality which will affect how they talk and behave in battles. I forgot about this part, but came across it last night... when you reach the Pawn Guild in the first game, there's a chair and table you sit down at with your main pawn and the pawn will ask you questions about how you would like them to behave in and out of battle. Based on your answers, that's how the pawn will behave moving forward. The best part is, you're not locked in and can always change it if you want. I really forgot how amazing the first game was and I'm gonna put a decent amount of time into it before the second one launches. I doubt I'll be able to finish it, but I at least want to beat the Dark Arisen DLC because I NEVER finished that... I didn't even get very far in it because it's really tough and intended for high level characters with endgame gear. I remember I tried to play it when it first released and I got slaughtered and my character and pawns were pretty high level. Anybody ever beat it?

I just replayed DD1 including Dark Arisen earlier this year. Bitterblack Isle is definitely a lot tougher than the base game. It's very good though, dives deep into the lore, and has really good gear, though it can be grindy to get the best gear.

It was actually my third time through, having done everything on Xbox 360 when it first came out and again when it released on PC. This last time I did NG+ so I didn't have to grind for the best gear and could just replay it.

• Halal 1
  • Hype 1

8 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Anybody ever beat it?

I dipped my toes into it a bit before I beat the game, basically the part where you had to collect waystones. But finished the game instead since I didn't want to play TOO much before the new game came out.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Frame rate is unlocked on consoles and it's targeting 60 fps according to that video I posted.

It will not hit 60 with all that's going on in this game. I am expecting 30fps throughout unless you're in doors somewhere. :p

4 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Frame rate is unlocked on consoles and it's targeting 60 fps according to that video I posted.

Shit has the PS5 ran anything at 60? I don’t think the damn thing could run basic solitaire at 60. 

22 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Shit has the PS5 ran anything at 60? I don’t think the damn thing could run basic solitaire at 60. 

GoW Ragnarok? Maybe it's my potato farmer eyes but it looks like 60 on performance mode

• True 1

If on consoles theyre not using a dynamic resolution scaling I’ll be surprised if the game’s frame rate gets up to 60fps anywhere but calm confined spaces.  But if theyre trying to maintain as high a resolution as possible then Im expecting it wont get much above 30fps and probably drop hard any time there is action going on. 

13 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

If on consoles theyre not using a dynamic resolution scaling I’ll be surprised if the game’s frame rate gets up to 60fps anywhere but calm confined spaces.  But if theyre trying to maintain as high a resolution as possible then Im expecting it wont get much above 30fps and probably drop hard any time there is action going on. 

They won't allow it to go below 30. This is a AAA game through and through and might end up one of the all time greats. Capcom is terrific. 

15 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Dumb question. Can I access this on console? I rather wait for my full experience at launch though. 

Yes.

Here's the Xbox version. You're on your own if you want the PS5 version.

WWW.XBOX.COM

In this app, you can create your characters for Dragon's Dogma 2. Customize the looks of your main character, the Arisen, and the looks and inclination of your companion, your Main Pawn. You can store up to 5 characters of each, the Arisen and your Main Pawn respectively.

You could also try it on your deck and see how it looks too.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yes.

Here's the Xbox version. You're on your own if you want the PS5 version.

WWW.XBOX.COM

In this app, you can create your characters for Dragon's Dogma 2. Customize the looks of your main character, the Arisen, and the looks and inclination of your companion, your Main Pawn. You can store up to 5 characters of each, the Arisen and your Main Pawn respectively.

You could also try it on your deck and see how it looks too.

I'm getting it for PS5. PS5 games on my tv look a bit better than my XSX games. 

This will not run well on the deck. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I go by IGN and easy allies reviews. Take them and average it out. Let's go!

My gut tells me it’s not my type of game. And besides I’ll have Princess Peach SHOWTIME!

9 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I forgot how hard this the first game is. Just failed a side quest and lost about an hour of progress after I died fighting a monster I was NOT ready for. Be forewarned, if the second game is anything like the first, it does NOT hold your hand at all.

See it’s stuff like this that leads me to believe this game will piss me off. 

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I forgot how hard this the first game is. Just failed a side quest and lost about an hour of progress after I died fighting a monster I was NOT ready for. Be forewarned, if the second game is anything like the first, it does NOT hold your hand at all.

I play on easy lol. 

• Halal 1