Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

I just did it a bit ago and the only funky thing for me is the characters wouldn't progress the quest until I rested the night and then spent a bit more time away and then the quest said to come back and went on.

Spoiler

In my game Ulrika decided not to cooperate with me and end the quest normally. She decided to go into stormwind cave and search for someone (I've been here already for another quest) and I will have to finish what she wants before she is apparently going to tell me she is ok so I can report back to end the quest. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You said you would be very negative on this if you bought it...it's not a new experience etc. How else am I supposed to take that lol. I get you're having fun but that's because you didn't pay for it. 

I said harsher, not very negative. That's not the same for me, and I have no idea how to succinctly explain myself. So I'll just say this. Overall, I am happy and having fun. There are aspects I am unhappy with that have been mitigated by stepee's wallet.

• Hype 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hide contents

In my game Ulrika decided not to cooperate with me and end the quest normally. She decided to go into stormwind cave and search for someone (I've been here already for another quest) and I will have to finish what she wants before she is apparently going to tell me she is ok so I can report back to end the quest. 

Yeah that's part of the quest, you're supposed to go in too. :p

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah that's part of the quest, you're supposed to go in too. :p

Guides don't say that.... anyway, nobody was even in the cave to save. So we got to the end of it and THEN she officially told me her plans so I can end this quest. This is a glitch imo. 

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I said harsher, not very negative. That's not the same for me, and I have no idea how to succinctly explain myself. So I'll just say this. Overall, I am happy and having fun. There are aspects I am unhappy with that have been mitigated by stepee's wallet.

It's cool. There are flaws in this i wished were addressed but the overall package is a blast. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Guides don't say that.... anyway, nobody was even in the cave to save. So we got to the end of it and THEN she officially told me her plans so I can end this quest. This is a glitch imo. 

Maybe there's an order of operations that didn't happen for you, or it could be a glitch

Spoiler

1. You do a quest in that town first and go into the cave. When you come out they say come back in a couple of days for a reward.
So you come back in a couple of days and you do get a reward and the village leader is kind of an asshole and cusses out the beastren guy
2. Then you do the quest you were on then Ulrika runs away to that village. When you get to the village there is a cutscene between her and the village leader guy and the leader guy says let the guy die and she says she's going in, so then the mission becomes find the guy in the cave, and he's in the cave way in the back near some saurions.
3. Once you save that guy and come back out then she says she'll stick around and become the elder instead of the old guy and asks you to tell the people at Melve about her

52 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You said you would be very negative on this if you bought it...it's not a new experience etc. How else am I supposed to take that lol. I get you're having fun but that's because you didn't pay for it. 

I’m really enjoying it but not because you bought it for me. The game is really fun and exploration is top notch. Exploration for me is a huge factor in if I like a RPG. Something that the Final Fantasy games kinda lack. @stepee bought me Infinite Wealth but it just didn’t click with me regardless of him paying for it. I tried to have fun with it but at the end of the day it just wasn’t my type of RPG. (Which I feel bad about because he spent $70 which is extremely generous) To be honest though I wouldn’t have played DD2 or gave it a chance if you hadn’t insisted I try it and bought it. Glad you did. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I never see portcrystal's anywhere only in vernworth. Are they in villages like Melle and Harve? Because now I have to travel from Harve to Melve and that's a huge pain in the ass. 

There is one in Vernworth and one in Harve, go check out near the water past the cave.

I haven't found any others except the portable one.

9 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@Keyser_Soze I never see portcrystal's anywhere only in vernworth. Are they in villages like Melle and Harve? Because now I have to travel from Harve to Melve and that's a huge pain in the ass. 

Here are your options.

2b8bf126284984abf61562887e8d5f1d.png

To get from Harve to Melve via fast travel you need to port to Vernworth and take an ox cart to Melve.

Or you need to make your own fast travel locations with portable portcrystals.

GAMERANT.COM

Players who enjoy fast traveling in Dragon's Dogma 2 can find the locations of all the permanent and portable Portcrystals detailed here.

• Thanks 1
  • Hype 1

I'm at the last quest for Brant. Hopefully I don't beat this game today haha. 

I'm 17 hours in and I read reviewers beat it on average at 22-24 hours which is disappointing. I've stopped for now to put my focus on Rebirth. 

Defeated my first Phantasm. It killed me the first time because it does this big huge tornado thing. The second time I stayed far away.

Also getting more into this mystic spearhand. Didn't realize you could hold your RB ability while using your LB ability, so you can thrust yourself into the air, release the RB which stuns them and then whack them in the air. Crazy stuff. Now I want to upgrade this vocation ASAP!  Hype.png

16 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm at the last quest for Brant. Hopefully I don't beat this game today haha. 

I'm 17 hours in and I read reviewers beat it on average at 22-24 hours which is disappointing. I've stopped for now to put my focus on Rebirth. 

It’s that short?!?!?!  No way. This seems like a 100 hour game. 

13 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm 17 hours in and I read reviewers beat it on average at 22-24 hours which is disappointing.

I played for three hours last night just exploring and opened up parts of the map I hadn't been to and didn't advance a single quest. Found a bunch of seeker tokens and riftstones. I think the game probably takes 22-24 hours if you focus on the main quest, but I'm sure it will take a lot longer if you want to max out your character and see everything there is to see. I know both of my playthroughs in the first game were 70+ hours.

23 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s that short?!?!?!  No way. This seems like a 100 hour game. 

It's that short yes. 

22 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I played for three hours last night just exploring and opened up parts of the map I hadn't been to and didn't advance a single quest. Found a bunch of seeker tokens and riftstones. I think the game probably takes 22-24 hours if you focus on the main quest, but I'm sure it will take a lot longer if you want to max out your character and see everything there is to see. I know both of my playthroughs in the first game were 70+ hours.

I've been doing that. I opened up the entire map minus bakbatthal. I have done a lot of exploring but at some point I want to move things a long. I still have the new region to explore with more quests. I'm taking my time with this to a certain extent. 

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Not to mention if you've ever beat the first game... well you know. :shh:

• True 1

5 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Tell me. Put it in spoilers obviously. 

Spoiler

Once you beat it you're supposed to play again with new game plus. I don't know about this game but it could possibly have stronger foes beyond a first playthrough of the main game.
In Dark Arisen, it had that bonus island that was basically endgame or NG+ content.

• Thanks 1

I've read numerous posts, articles etc where people have already gotten 100+ hrs and have only done a handful of main stuff. There's PLENTY of content in this game. I mean I can beat Elden Ring in 10-12 hrs and that's EASILY a multiple hundreds of hours game

• True 1

24 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I've read numerous posts, articles etc where people have already gotten 100+ hrs and have only done a handful of main stuff. There's PLENTY of content in this game. I mean I can beat Elden Ring in 10-12 hrs and that's EASILY a multiple hundreds of hours game

But what is there really to do? I'm exploring and opening up side quests but I can't see this game being 100 hours. Unless I'm completely missing something here. 

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

But what is there really to do? I'm exploring and opening up side quests but I can't see this game being 100 hours. Unless I'm completely missing something here. 

Dragon's Dogma is about fighting monsters, getting better gear to kill monsters faster, and exploring the world to fight monsters.

That's not a problem if there is a wide variety of monsters to kill, like in Monster Hunter.

• True 1

10 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Dragon's Dogma is about fighting monsters, getting better gear to kill monsters faster, and exploring the world to fight monsters.

That's not a problem if there is a wide variety of monsters to kill, like in Monster Hunter.

It can be however you make it. There is no set rule in how to play this game. I've done plenty of fighting and exploring in my 17 hours.

While exploring I noticed a black treasure chest through a small opening. But characters don’t crawl or crouch. How do you get it? My Pawns won’t knock down the rock. Also I can hire a Level 9 Paw that is a MAB? What the hell is that?

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Biggie said:

While exploring I noticed a black treasure chest through a small opening. But characters don’t crawl or crouch. How do you get it? My Pawns won’t knock down the rock. Also I can hire a Level 9 Paw that is a MAB? What the hell is that?

spacer.png

I think Mab is his or hers name lol.

Ok, I traveled across the border to bakbatthal and it's pretty massive. It's also EXTREMELY hostile with tougher enemies. New enemies are introduced too. I am a level 25 and died not too far in. 

Then I reached the capitol of bakbatthal and that's just as big as the first. So I have a ways to go to beat this thank God. 

Also, @skillzdadirecta you played me. You said if I give gear to my hired pawns I'd get it back once they leave. Well one pawn took my camping gear with them lol. 

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think Mab is his or hers name lol.

Ok, I traveled across the border to bakbatthal and it's pretty massive. It's also EXTREMELY hostile with tougher enemies. New enemies are introduced too. I am a level 25 and died not too far in. 

Then I reached the capitol of bakbatthal and that's just as big as the first. So I have a ways to go to beat this thank God. 

Also, @skillzdadirecta you played me. You said if I give gear to my hired pawns I'd get it back once they leave. Well one pawn took my camping gear with them lol. 

Oh. Its name? lol. 

Also Skills trying to join the ranks of @eventide11 when it comes to giving game advice. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It gets sent to your storage. It doesn't come back to you. Did you check your storage?

No I did not! But now I'm stuck in bakbatthal so I'll try to get one there. It's no big deal. 

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

You can access your storage at any Inn.

Yea I just temporarily forgot because I haven't visited an inn in a long while after buying the house. I'll visit the inn I'm close by now and get my camping gear back. Have you crossed the border yet?