Dragon's Dogma II (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update (04/19): planned fixes for next update detailed

3 hours ago, Biggie said:

yeah. it takes a lot of your gold. This game has really soured on me. 

This game does have a way of making me play for 3-4 hours at a time and making me think I didn’t accomplish much because of it’s systems

5 hours ago, Biggie said:

Kept dying in a mine. Accidentally chose load from last inn save instead of load last save. Lost a ton of progress. Stupidest save file system ever created in a video game. Fuck Capcom and fuck this game. Uninstalled. 

Maybe this is a patch thing but it gives a warning now before you load from an inn save. I don't remember it before but I did it yesterday and it gave me a warning.

Just now, Keyser_Soze said:

Maybe this is a patch thing but it gives a warning now before you load from an inn save. I don't remember it before but I did it yesterday and it gave me a warning.

I played a few hours and got back where I was before the game fucked me. Found that water cave you were talking about. 

• Halal 1

I don't know if anyone needs this tip but I'll just throw it out there. Healing items like roborants can come in clutch in fights.

Since your pawns can't instantaneously heal you and some enemies can kill you in one or two hits there is a window where your health can be completely depleted where you can go into your inventory and use a healing item and not die. Just something to keep in mind in a hectic fight.

• Halal 3

9 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It gave me a weird warning before I slept at the inn about certain saves being more reliable. Frankly it’s pretty dumb 

• True 1

You know, I was just outright wrong about the motion blur. I had been playing with variable and motion blur off and it looked fine. But when I set it to max 30, it did indeed seem like the animations were a bit choppy until I turned blur back on.  I was just wrong in the case of DD2 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Bacon said:

You know, I was just outright wrong about the motion blur. I had been playing with variable and motion blur off and it looked fine. But when I set it to max 30, it did indeed seem like the animations were a bit choppy until I turned blur back on.  I was just wrong in the case of DD2 🤷‍♂️

Either way tge game looks like dogshit. Im not sure why I like it, but I do. And so far, combat is pretty shit.

18 minutes ago, Bacon said:

I think the game looks like a PS4 game. I am impressed with the amount of foliage tho. There is a fucking lot. Like, I've seen less green in real-life forests.

What game looks like a PS5 game?

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What game looks like a PS5 game?

Demon's Souls remake. I think it is still prolly the best look game on the PS5.

Fuckin' most games still don't look better than RDR2.

• True 1

Have any of you guys done the quest with Beren?

I'm playing as the mystic spearhead and it's basically like being a Jedi because they can force push and stuff like that.

In any case there's a point in the quest where you have to fight Beren and you just need to knock him out of the ring. So I just use like my force stun move and then force push his body out of the ring. Shit was hilarious. :lol:

That was the one time I regretted not recording. I had considered reloading the save but man, good stuff.

• Sicko 1

I feel like everything that you can carry and have in your inventory should have it's weight reduced by half or even more. I've never had an inventory system stress me out so much lol

I shouldn't be so worried about picking and choosing when it gives you the opportunity to pick up almost everything. Guess it's a life lesson or something

23 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

I feel like everything that you can carry and have in your inventory should have it's weight reduced by half or even more. I've never had an inventory system stress me out so much lol

I shouldn't be so worried about picking and choosing when it gives you the opportunity to pick up almost everything. Guess it's a life lesson or something

It's my frustration as well. I barely stay "average" even when distributeting items with my pawns.