Star Wars Jedi: Survivor - Information Thread, update: Stig Asmussen (director of Fallen Order/Survivor) is departing EA/Respawn

13 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I wonder if I should be brave enough to turn ray tracing back on?

Performance wise you should be fine especially with the dlss3 mod but as far as crashes with RT on, I’ve seen people posting it still happens in Jeddah :/ I haven’t tried myself yet, kinda hoping my crashes are different than their ones. 

1 minute ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Performance with RT really wasn't an issue with me, I'm fine playing at 50 fps.  It was the crashing on Jedha that frustrated me.

That’s unfortunately specifically what I’ve read people saying still happens. I’m thinking it’ll be the same for us :/

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

I wonder if the RT crashing is a 4xxx series thing? I hovered around 40 fps the whole time with RT on, but I never crashed.

Its possible! If that’s the case we are probably waiting for a driver not a patch.

40 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I wonder if the RT crashing is a 4xxx series thing? I hovered around 40 fps the whole time with RT on, but I never crashed.

maybe. As I’ve said many times I never crashed on Jedha on a 3070Ti. Though I’m also on 1440p and had a higher frame rate, which I’m sure you’re trying at 4k. My in game crashing on Koboh seemed to stop when I turned vsync off.

I wonder if it’s CPU driven. I’m on a 13th gen intel. Maybe the AMD chips fair worse?  

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I'll tell you what. This game is a looker because I started new game + and immediately noticed just how great it looks. You guys with the horsepower must really be impressed? 

It looks phenomenal and worthy of being a current gen game for sure! It looks better than Horizon FW which I would have given best graphics last year so it’s up there. But..we’ve also played path traced CP now which is in its own league.

• True 1

4 hours ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

maybe. As I’ve said many times I never crashed on Jedha on a 3070Ti. Though I’m also on 1440p and had a higher frame rate, which I’m sure you’re trying at 4k. My in game crashing on Koboh seemed to stop when I turned vsync off.

I wonder if it’s CPU driven. I’m on a 13th gen intel. Maybe the AMD chips fair worse?  

I have a i7-13700k, 4080 and playing at 3440x1440p and was having the crashing on Jedha. 

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'll tell you what. This game is a looker because I started new game + and immediately noticed just how great it looks. You guys with the horsepower must really be impressed? 

I definitely have no complaints on the visuals. If the game was better optimized and launch I might wish some lighting and reflections were a bit better with Ray tracing on. But I can’t say its not good looking. 

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I have a i7-13700k, 4080 and playing at 3440x1440p and was having the crashing on Jedha. 

Well shit. We have the same processor, but you got me beat by a lot on the GPU. Maybe it is a 4xxx series issue. I wonder how. Maybe the they screwed up the driver for the 4xxx series cards somehow? 

Speaking of Jedha, there was a bounty Hunter there is a section of Jedha where they seemingly disabled my focus button. As soon as I beat the bounty Hunter and left the area it worked again. The game also annoyingly made me rediscover every mediation point in the area too. Couldnt fast travel. 

This must be some sort of joke I’m missing. Please explain since I’m just playing the games and not otherwise into Star Wars. Spoilers just in case

Spoiler

Rick the Door Technician. Gets a boss meter and a boss defeated message after you beat him but he’s just a normal enemy.

7 hours ago, Dodger said:

This must be some sort of joke I’m missing. Please explain since I’m just playing the games and not otherwise into Star Wars. Spoilers just in case

Hide contents

Rick the Door Technician. Gets a boss meter and a boss defeated message after you beat him but he’s just a normal enemy.

spacer.png

I burst out laughing when it happened. I don’t know if it’s a reference to something, but it was quite random and I lost it. My friends on XBL were wondering what the hell happened to me. lol 

maybe it’s a Rick and Morty reference, maybe it’s an homage to Soldier of Godrick in Elden Ring. Don’t know. 
  • Halal 1

28 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

spacer.png

I burst out laughing when it happened. I don’t know if it’s a reference to something, but it was quite random and I lost it. My friends on XBL were wondering what the hell happened to me. lol 

maybe it’s a Rick and Morty reference, maybe it’s an homage to Soldier of Roderick in Elden Ring. Don’t know. 

Soldier of Godrick is what came to mind for me 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Yeah that was my first thought too initially when it happened. I honestly never gave him a chance. In mid sentence I force pulled him and stabbed him and kept running. lol maybe next time I’ll extend the fight and see if he’s got any unique lines. 

I sat and listened to some Droids talk for like a solid 2-3 minutes and they had a conversation about who's blaster was better than the others. Respawn didn't have to.. But they did. 

• Halal 2

Yeah some of the dialog is great. At times Cal will even comment on it. I let a droid ramble on about whether he should get a promotion or keep guarding the same scenic spot. I then did a from ledge instant kill and Cal made some quip based on what the droid said. Wasn’t the only time, but it stuck out to me. 

Man, so I downloaded Fallen Order on PC. Definitely a case of memory playing tricks on you where thought I remembered the first game looking better than it does. Playing Survivor I often thought “this isn’t that much better looking that Fallen Order”. But from just the little bit of Fallen Order I played last night, Survivor does indeed look much better. 

Character models saw a significant upgrade, as did facial animations. Lighting is also another noticeable upgrade for Survivor. 

I do gotta say in favor of Fallen Order, using Cal’s slow force power during traversal and puzzle solving makes the world feel more like a lived in place and less like a video game level. And this was kind of missed in Survivor. It just feels awesome slowing a fan blade to an almost stop just to wall run, jump, or slide through unharmed. It makes it more feel like a place I’m not supposed to be, but doing it anyways. Like I’m doing something only a Jedi could do. 

Performance wise Fallen Order still feels rough on PC. Still has a lot of traversal and cutscene transition hitching. Comparable to launch day Survivor, but with the most recent patch Survivor is running much better than Fallen Order currently does. Both set to 1440 and all epic settings I can get a higher FPS on fallen order, but with vsync both have noticeable screen tearing, and as I mentioned Fallen Order still has the hitching that seemingly no amount of horsepower can brute force away. I’m gonna look up some performance mods for the game, see if I can’t smooth this out a bit. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Man, so I downloaded Fallen Order on PC. Definitely a case of memory playing tricks on you where thought I remembered the first game looking better than it does. Playing Survivor I often thought “this isn’t that much better looking that Fallen Order”. But from just the little bit of Fallen Order I played last night, Survivor does indeed look much better. 

Character models saw a significant upgrade, as did facial animations. Lighting is also another noticeable upgrade for Survivor. 

I do gotta say in favor of Fallen Order, using Cal’s slow force power during traversal and puzzle solving makes the world feel more like a lived in place and less like a video game level. And this was kind of missed in Survivor. It just feels awesome slowing a fan blade to an almost stop just to wall run, jump, or slide through unharmed. It makes it more feel like a place I’m not supposed to be, but doing it anyways. Like I’m doing something only a Jedi could do. 

Performance wise Fallen Order still feels rough on PC. Still has a lot of traversal and cutscene transition hitching. Comparable to launch day Survivor, but with the most recent patch Survivor is running much better than Fallen Order currently does. Both set to 1440 and all epic settings I can get a higher FPS on fallen order, but with vsync both have noticeable screen tearing, and as I mentioned Fallen Order still has the hitching that seemingly no amount of horsepower can brute force away. I’m gonna look up some performance mods for the game, see if I can’t smooth this out a bit. 

Given enough rope, every Star Wars creator will eventually hang themselves by turning Jedi into Super Saiyans.

6 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

Given enough rope, every Star Wars creator will eventually hang themselves by turning Jedi into Super Saiyans.

George Lucas seemed to be the only one that didn’t take them there. He didn’t see to get into escalating power creep. The Force made Jedi stronger than a normal person, more capable, and they were highly trained, along with a very capable weapon in the lightsaber. But some depictions, especially in comics and games do seem to over power the Jedi. But even if we take the first two movies (Ep IV and V) as the only skills Force Sensitives can do, that’s still very powerful of a writer wants it to be. 

but your quote doesn’t only apply to Jedi. It applies to any property that doesn’t have a hard magic system. 

Playing this on PS5 with performance mode on and it’s not great. Texture loading, screen tearing, choppy frame rate.  Wish I could lock it to 30fps for a smooth experience because the game is much improved over the first so far. Really digging the first world.  

5 minutes ago, Brian said:

Playing this on PS5 with performance mode on and it’s not great. Texture loading, screen tearing, choppy frame rate.  Wish I could lock it to 30fps for a smooth experience because the game is much improved over the first so far. Really digging the first world.  

Doesn’t quality mode lock it to 30?

43 minutes ago, Brian said:

It should be a lot nicer! It aims for 60 and isn’t even close to that in performance, they shouldn’t have launched with that mode until it was ready. You'll still get some stutter but it generally should be pretty solid in quality mode.

• Thanks 1