Nintendo Direct Scheduled for February 9, 2022

Keyser_Soze

13 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I’m excited for Strikers but both Tennis and Golf were let downs so I’ll wait for reviews first. 

As excited as I am for the Mario Kart courses. The fact that those waves extend into next year makes me thing 9 is still pretty far away. I really hope they go the Smash route and start adding characters outside of the Mario universe to it. Imagine the courses they could do 😳

MK9 I always figured would be for the next system which this makes me think is sadly 2024 now. This still rules though.

Agreed at opening it up for the next one would be good, I’d love to see more themed courses beyond Mario, and then they could port in the Diddy courses!

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Hyped for all these new MK courses. Here I thought they were done with it. 

48 new courses! That makes it practically a brand-new Mario Kart game! If they were all-new courses, that is. Still, that's a lot of "new" tracks to race on. And it comes with the Expansion Pack! Noice. 

52 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Part 2 which came out in 2017?

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was announced in the Direct today. I think that's why it was mentioned. 

But if you haven't played any of the Xenoblade games yet, both the first and the second (and the second's DLC, which is basically a new game in and of itself) is available now. If you like big, expansive, exploration-driven action-RPGs, they are worth a look. 

16 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was announced in the Direct today. I think that's why it was mentioned. 

But if you haven't played any of the Xenoblade games yet, both the first and the second (and the second's DLC, which is basically a new game in and of itself) is available now. If you like big, expansive, exploration-driven action-RPGs, they are worth a look. 

Ohh...I see. I like the genre so I'll keep an eye out. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

48 new courses! That makes it practically a brand-new Mario Kart game! If they were all-new courses, that is. Still, that's a lot of "new" tracks to race on. And it comes with the Expansion Pack! Noice. 

How much just to buy the courses?

I never played the original Mario Strikers on Gamecube, but that was well liked, right? I'm not into sports games, but given this is a much more arcadey, over the top sports game, I'm interested. 

Kirby looks like a lot of fun. 

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is a nice surprise. I really do need to hurry up and play 2.

I'm very much looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles 3. That said, I think Xenoblade Chronicles X gets an unfair wrap. It would be cool to see that game get a remaster. Yeah, the side missions are mostly shit since they were designed around multiplayer, but I liked a lot of the ideas they had for that game. Also, it's a wild technical marvel that has no right to exist.

21 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

I enjoyed the first Xenoblade back on the Wii, but not enough to finish it (or play the sequel). If the remaster and/or sequel gets a nice sale at some point (not holding my breath), I’ll give the series another shot. 

The remaster is quite good they added a lot of value to it even if it doesn't go on sale you can feel good about the purchase.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

So I shouldn't even waste my time with these games, correct?

@stepee?

I wouldn’t say nobody should waste their time on them, but to someone who is concerned about ps4 pro quality graphics already, these would be pretty difficult for you to deal with IQ wise, especially XB2. The new one as good as it does look in the trailer, I bet still has better IQ than XB2 so maybe just wait and get that if it’s solid.

• Thanks 1