Nintendo Direct Scheduled for February 9, 2022

Keyser_Soze

On 2/9/2022 at 6:05 PM, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I’m excited for Strikers but both Tennis and Golf were let downs so I’ll wait for reviews first. 

FWIW, Tennis and Golf are developed by Camelot Studios. Strikers is developed by Next Level Games, a completely different developer. One, I would venture to say, has not made a bad game during their time making games for Nintendo. 

I'd keep an eye on it. ;) 

2 minutes ago, GameDadGrant said:

FWIW, Tennis and Golf are developed by Camelot Studios. Strikers is developed by Next Level Games, a completely different developer. One, I would venture to say, has not made a bad game during their time making games for Nintendo. 

I'd keep an eye on it. ;) 

Ok thank God.

3 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

3 hours ago, stepee said:

Ok thank God.

They also did the Wii version of Mario Strikers.

20 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Strikers is developed by Next Level Games, a completely different developer. One, I would venture to say, has not made a bad game during their time making games for Nintendo. 

lcH5YUIovosSzHCpIlP7toxeFA0AqW9V.jpg
OPENCRITIC.COM

Metroid Prime: Federation Force has been reviewed by 58 critics and currently has a 'Weak' rating. Read and browse them all to learn what the top critics in the video game industry are...

21% critic recommendation.  At the very least, that claim is controversial.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

lcH5YUIovosSzHCpIlP7toxeFA0AqW9V.jpg
OPENCRITIC.COM

Metroid Prime: Federation Force has been reviewed by 58 critics and currently has a 'Weak' rating. Read and browse them all to learn what the top critics in the video game industry are...

21% critic recommendation.  At the very least, that claim is controversial.

Yeah, I knew *someone* was bound to bring up Federation Force when I said that, haha. :p 

It didn’t review well, no doubt about that. But? I’ll be honest, I had a lot of fun playing the game. Both single-player and multiplayer. It’s a cool, co-op, mission-based first-person shooter. It just…it looks weird. Not sure why they went with a chibi look. It does NOT fit the aesthetic of Metroid Prime

It’s “Metroid” in name only. Maybe if this kind of gameplay was introduced as a different IP (or a brand new IP entirely) I feel it would have been much more warmly received.

IMHO, anyway. *shrugs*