Nintendo Direct Scheduled for February 9, 2022

Keyser_Soze

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

What do I get if those don't happen? :whistlin:

If they don't happen? A lesson in setting expectations since they said this will be focused on games coming out in the first half of the year, so while some of those will be talked about, like Kirby, certainly don't expect all those. :p

Definitely no Legend of Zelda or Metroid Prime

Practically guarantee more info on Kirby and Advance Wars. Probably Triangle Strategy, as well.

Maybe something about Bayonetta 3.

Out of left field/unknown: maybe some news on what Monolithsoft has been working on.

Other than that? No idea. I’m kinda bummed we no longer can speculate who the next Smash Bros. character will be. 

2 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

See it's not far fetched. @GameDadGrant copied most of my list. :p

Y’know…now that I think about it? Maybe we will see a glimpse of something coming later in the year. The message said the Direct will focus “mainly” on games coming the first half of 2022. But not entirely! 

Insert: [so_you’re_telling_me_there’s_a_chance.gif] 

23 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

I don’t want to see anymore. I’m there Day 1

I still had to see. IT LOOKS SO GOOD FUCK. I’m so glad they didn’t go cheap with his 3D platform debut, it looks like the real damn deal here.

Lots of other cool stuff here, solid direct for the first half. The big news for me is 48 new MK courses and also them coming to the expansion pass. Since I already have that like a sucka that was great to see. Just having all those courses together in one launcher will be great. Took them forever to do this since it seems obvious but nice.

Im prepared to get excited for Strikers and then to get let down by like 5 ridiculous things about it lol

5 minutes ago, stepee said:

I still had to see. IT LOOKS SO GOOD FUCK. I’m so glad they didn’t go cheap with his 3D platform debut, it looks like the real damn deal here.

Lots of other cool stuff here, solid direct for the first half. The big news for me is 48 new MK courses and also them coming to the expansion pass. Since I already have that like a sucka that was great to see. Just having all those courses together in one launcher will be great. Took them forever to do this since it seems obvious but nice.

Im prepared to get excited for Strikers and then to get let down by like 5 ridiculous things about it lol

Yeah I’m excited for Strikers but both Tennis and Golf were let downs so I’ll wait for reviews first. 

As excited as I am for the Mario Kart courses. The fact that those waves extend into next year makes me thing 9 is still pretty far away. I really hope they go the Smash route and start adding characters outside of the Mario universe to it. Imagine the courses they could do 😳

advance_wars_1_2.JPG
WWW.POLYGON.COM

New details on the improved interface, turn structure, voiceover, and more

Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp, the remastered version of the first two games in the Advance Wars series for the Game Boy Advance, will release on April 8. Nintendo made the announcement Wednesday during a special Nintendo Direct presentation. They also dropped a new trailer.

Highlights include voiceover for all of the games’ commanding officers. The graphics look glossy and much higher-resolution than the original. A custom map generator has been added, and you’ll be able to share those maps with other players online. A fast-forward button helps speed up gameplay, and there’s now an option to roll back your terrible choices and re-do entire turns. Both local and online multiplayer will be included as well.

Re-Boot Camp is being developed for the Nintendo Switch by WayForward, the same group who helmed DuckTales: Remastered and Double Dragon Neon. The remaster was originally announced during E3 2021. It will include two discrete campaigns covering the events of Advance Wars and Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising. Both games have been “reimagined and rebuilt” for modern players, according to Nintendo. Fans should expect lots of quality-of-life improvements and higher resolutions.

Whether the game will take advantage of the Nintendo Switch’s touch screen is still unknown. It’s currently available for pre-order at $59.99.