Ghost of Tsushima has sold 8 million copies

SaysWho?

4 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

Yeah I keep thinking of snagging a copy, then I remember Sony thinks their first party games are $70 now and I’ll just wait for it to drop.

PS5 version is on sale for like $40 right now. 

Edit - Actually $50; PS4 version is $40. Still worth it at that price though. 

2 hours ago, Biggie said:

The gameplay loop is extremely repetitive. 

Is there a single open world game, or even a single video game who's gameplay loop ultimately isn't repetitive?

End of the day essentially every game ends up being the same form of interactions over and over and over again.

3 minutes ago, JPDunks4 said:

Is there a single open world game, or even a single video game who's gameplay loop ultimately isn't repetitive?

End of the day essentially every game ends up being the same form of interactions over and over and over again.

Guess what is really comes down to is the gameplay loop fun. To me it wasn’t. Glad you enjoyed it though. 

1 minute ago, JPDunks4 said:

I remember back when Halo first came out one of the devs said Bungie's philosophy regarding game play is to create an amazing 30 second loop and then repeat over and over again. The "non repetitive game" does not exists.

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Guess what is really comes down to is the gameplay loop fun. To me it wasn’t. Glad you enjoyed it though. 

Okay yeah, if you don't enjoy the core gameplay then yeah it does make a game drag more and feel a bit more like a chore.  I got that a bit towards the end of HZD just now.

I enjoyed Ghosts of Tsushima more than HZD personally, the combat felt more fun to me, and the gameplay with a lot tighter.

8 hours ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

As a person who loved the main game but found the DLC to be meh, I need more than a great gameplay loop when you are investing 10+ hours into a game.   

Yeah, for example I feel that Rage 2 has a great gameplay loop but unfortunately offers very little else. So despite liking its gameplay loop, there wasn’t enough else on offer to keep me wanting to play to completion. Far Cry 6 (which I’m playing now) on the other hand offers a similar gameplay loop as Rage 2, but the story, characters and mission types keep everything compelling enough to make me want to keep playing for more than just its gameplay loop.

8 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

realized I had Days Gone forever and had never played more than 5 minutes of it so I fired it up today and played ....about 10-15 minutes :lol:

Days Gone was my 2019 GotY.

• True 1

17 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Yeah, for example I feel that Rage 2 has a great gameplay loop but unfortunately offers very little else. So despite liking its gameplay loop, there wasn’t enough else on offer to keep me wanting to play to completion. Far Cry 6 (which I’m playing now) on the other hand offers a similar gameplay loop as Rage 2, but the story, characters and mission types keep everything compelling enough to make me want to keep playing for more than just its gameplay loop.

Interesting... because I agree with you about Days Gone, it wasn't my GOTY that year but it was definitely my top 5, I disagree with you about Rage 2. Rage 2 had great gameplay, great graphics and an awesome world to explore. Plus the character upgrade system was awesome too. The only thing it may have been lacking was an AAA story but that's about it. I would be raving about that game if I hadn't suffered a game breaking bug that kept me from finishing the game. A bug they are aware of that they haven't fixed I might add .

I've always been a gameplay over everything else kind of guy when it comes to games. I mean what else are we playing them for? Gameplay is always first for me. It's why I love Halo Infinite so much but I'm struggling to get through RE Village. Night and day when it comes to gameplay between these games and playing them at the same time was clearly a mistake.

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

:( I'm starting Fallen Order tomorrow. I'll have to see what i think about it. Looks good with solid reviews so I'm staying positive. What game are you playing these days?

I mean as long as you're not looking to date the main character you'll be fine. Game plays amazing... I don't get these protagonist personality checks. Mario is a fucking plumber and Pac Man was a half eaten pizza. Who gives a shit?

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I mean as long as you're not looking to date the main character you'll be fine. Game plays amazing... I don't get these protagonist personality checks. Mario is a fucking plumber and Pac Man was a half eaten pizza. Who gives a shit?

Gotcha. I'm definitely not dating the main character because I'm not a Star Wars buff so it's all about the gameplay and story for me. The combat looks interesting from the vids I've seen. Thanks for the post.

49 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Plumber & Half Eaten Pizza > Lame redhead and Biker Dude