Ghost of Tsushima has sold 8 million copies

SaysWho?

3 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

What's funny is remember when Ubisoft said that Valhalla would be a tighter, more focused game than Odyssey before it came out? Are you guys saying that they lied???

It took me 100 hours to beat the game, and there were still hundreds of side quests and mysteries to do.

3 hours ago, johnny said:

god odyssey was so good. i’m looking forward to that teams next asscreed. 

It really was, but it also had some problems, like having to gain multiple levels with side quests to progress to the story because of the quests being tied to levels.

But I agree, it was a better game. And the setting was absolutely amazing. They even brought in historians and architectcs to help them design the landmarks so they were as close to their original design as possible. They did an incredible job.

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

It's a tight 300 hour game.

I thought I read the sp game can be beat in 60 hours or less? It is bloated but they don't force you to do anything you don't want to do. I just stick with the main storyline. It's terrific. 

Odyssey had HUGE leveling issues that are mentioned above. That game had serious issues and they corrected that in Valhalla. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I thought I read the sp game can be beat in 60 hours or less? It is bloated but they don't force you to do anything you don't want to do. I just stick with the main storyline. It's terrific. 

Odyssey had HUGE leveling issues that are mentioned above. That game had serious issues and they corrected that in Valhalla. 

No it can't be beaten in 60 hours. Not even close. Even if you straight follow the golden path and do nothing else, its like 90

22 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

No it can't be beaten in 60 hours. Not even close. Even if you straight follow the golden path and do nothing else, its like 90

HOWLONGTOBEAT.COM

How long is Assassin's Creed Valhalla? HowLongToBeat has the answer. Create a backlog, submit your game times and compete with your friends!

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

HOWLONGTOBEAT.COM

How long is Assassin's Creed Valhalla? HowLongToBeat has the answer. Create a backlog, submit your game times and compete with your friends!

Youhave at it. You will not beat it in 60 hours. Not unless you literally do nothing but go straight from story mission to story mission, no exploration, no armor and weapon sets at all, you might get through if you're really fast.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is a bloated, repetitive mess, with decent gameplay, and a mostly bad, repetitive story. 

15 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Youhave at it. You will not beat it in 60 hours. Not unless you literally do nothing but go straight from story mission to story mission, no exploration, no armor and weapon sets at all, you might get through if you're really fast.

Doesn't change the fact that the game is a bloated, repetitive mess, with decent gameplay, and a mostly bad, repetitive story. 

In your opinion, sure. 

Valhalla is fun, but I got so bored of the bloat I stopped playing about 40 hours in and still had 1 of the main missions in the first area of England to go.

GoT was a dream of a game.  Haven't gotten far in the expansion yet though.

Think I have open world game fatigue

9 hours ago, ARZ said:

Valhalla is fun, but I got so bored of the bloat I stopped playing about 40 hours in and still had 1 of the main missions in the first area of England to go.

GoT was a dream of a game.  Haven't gotten far in the expansion yet though.

Think I have open world game fatigue

Exactly. Not only is it bloated, the mission structure of every area is Exactly the same. Somebody wants power, and needs Eivor to kill their enemies so they can rule, in exchange for basically owing Eivor a favor. Go through the story, do a big raid, kill some people, get thanked, and then rinse and repeat.

And then theres the completely obvious leader of the Order of the Ancients.

There was a single kinda surprise. Not that in the characters actions are surprising, I saw that coming, but the outcome at the very end of the game was actually interesting.

@BloodyHell Well I ran into a road block. If you just go from one quest to another following the main story you are extremely underpowered 15 hours in. The section I'm at is power 190 and I'm only 55.

It's almost like Odyssey where it seems as though I need to do side missions to get to the appropriate level for the main storyline.

So I'm fucked. You're correct this will take over 100 hours to complete so I'll have to drop it once Elden Ring comes out. I thought they fixed this issue.  🤔 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, best3444 said:

@BloodyHell Well I ran into a road block. If you just go from one quest to another following the main story you are extremely underpowered 15 hours in. The section I'm at is power 190 and I'm only 55.

It's almost like Odyssey where it seems as though I need to do side missions to get to the appropriate level for the main storyline.

So I'm fucked. You're correct this will take over 100 hours to complete so I'll have to drop it once Elden Ring comes out. I thought they fixed this issue.  🤔 

Power level 190 lmao. And they totally did say they were going to fix how long these take to main story.

16 minutes ago, stepee said:

Power level 190 lmao. And they totally did say they were going to fix how long these take to main story.

Yup, it's bullshit. I still love playing the game I just need to find out what I'm going to do. Lower the difficulty to easy or do side quests to level up. Ugh.

2 hours ago, best3444 said:

I mean, I played it. I wasn't just trying to hate on it. I enjoyed the game, but it's too much.

16 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I mean, I played it. I wasn't just trying to hate on it. I enjoyed the game, but it's too much.

Interestingly enough I lowered the difficulty to easy and BARELY got past a section in the city I'm in. So it looks as though I'm going to have to do side missions to level up. The game is so beautiful and fun to play that this kinda ruins it for me. I stuck it out with Oddessy so I'll do the same with this. But once Elden Ring drops bye bye Valhalla. Then I'm playing Forbidden West. 

Ubisoft needs to scale their games back and focus on smaller areas and utilize the next gen horse power with great AI and amazing looking locals that are so detailed because they are smaller in scale. That's my ideal AC game now. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

Interestingly enough I lowered the difficulty to easy and BARELY got past a section in the city I'm in. So it looks as though I'm going to have to do side missions to level up. The game is so beautiful and fun to play that this kinda ruins it for me. I stuck it out with Oddessy so I'll do the same with this. But once Elden Ring drops bye bye Valhalla. Then I'm playing Forbidden West. 

Ubisoft needs to scale their games back and focus on smaller areas and utilize the next gen horse power with great AI and amazing looking locals that are so detailed because they are smaller in scale. That's my ideal AC game now. 

Ya, basically Ghost of Tsushima. Thats why we all said it was better.

• True 1

6 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Ya, basically Ghost of Tsushima. Thats why we all said it was better.

Yes, GOT is a better game than Valhalla just not technically. Valhalla is better looking in all respects. It's absolutely beautiful and way more detailed than Ghost. Ghost just nailed how to do a proper open world game without all the bloat. The combat and story were better than Valhalla, too.

I finally had to give up on a quest in Valhalla and return back to Raventhorpe. I'm now doing quests at my level and side quests to level up so I can properly advance in the game. So it's basically identical to Oddessy which is garbage. 

Thankfully I love the game so much I enjoy the side quests and characters. I'll keep playing until Elden Ring. Oh well.

Played for another 3 hours. @BloodyHell @johnny did you get to 

Spoiler

Meet up with Kassandra from Odyssey? It must have just been added recently but she and I our doing a big ass quest right now. It was shocking to run into her. Bad ass fight with her before you team up.

I personally love this game. The visuals and beauty of England takes me back every so often while playing. I decided I'm going to beat this before I play Elden Ring and Forbidden West.