High powered gaming PCs banned in some states.

Zaku3

2 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I am SERIOUSLY contemplating going that route in order to get a GPU!

I don't think you need a "prebuilt" in the same way as an HP. What I did was a CyberpowerPC "build" which really amounts to you choosing which parts and they put it together custom, including things as low-level as the Mobo.

It was also a very successful route! In fact, it looks like you can *still* build a CyberpowerPC with an 30xx!:

cs-450-150_220.png?v2
WWW.CYBERPOWERPC.COM

Gamer Ultra 6700XT <br/>Intel® Core™ Processor i7-10700K <br/>16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3200MHz RAM <br/>ASRock Z590-C/ac ATX Motherboard <br/>500GB M.2 NVMe SSD + 3TB HDD Combo <br/>Windows 10 Home

3 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I am SERIOUSLY contemplating going that route in order to get a GPU!

I'm pretty sure you want a Nvidia card, but I have a 6800 XT sitting on my kitchen table that I'm probably going to send back to Amazon if you are interested.

I actually did go this route to get a 3080. I bought a maingear PC because they allow opening the PC and swapping stuff out. The warranty will still cover everything they sold to you.

56 minutes ago, Nokt said:

I'm pretty sure you want a Nvidia card, but I have a 6800 XT sitting on my kitchen table that I'm probably going to send back to Amazon if you are interested.

I actually did go this route to get a 3080. I bought a maingear PC because they allow opening the PC and swapping stuff out. The warranty will still cover everything they sold to you.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll be going with Nvidia for the GPU.

2 hours ago, legend said:

I don't think you need a "prebuilt" in the same way as an HP. What I did was a CyberpowerPC "build" which really amounts to you choosing which parts and they put it together custom, including things as low-level as the Mobo.

It was also a very successful route! In fact, it looks like you can *still* build a CyberpowerPC with an 30xx!:

cs-450-150_220.png?v2
WWW.CYBERPOWERPC.COM

Gamer Ultra 6700XT <br/>Intel® Core™ Processor i7-10700K <br/>16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3200MHz RAM <br/>ASRock Z590-C/ac ATX Motherboard <br/>500GB M.2 NVMe SSD + 3TB HDD Combo <br/>Windows 10 Home

Oh yeah - I'm very familiar with CyberPower PC.  When I first started posting on IGN, it was from a CyberPower PC!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Zaku3 said:

The 6800XT is a really good card. I love it. Though as soon as the 7xxx/4xxx I am upgrading.

I was looking at a few benchmarks and it was actually outpacing the 3080 a lot of the time. It’s been a struggle to decide what to keep.

What pushed me in favor of the 3080 is DLSS. Until AMD gets theirs off the ground I don’t think a 5-10 frames is going to push me in their favor.

1 minute ago, Nokt said:

I was looking at a few benchmarks and it was actually outpacing the 3080 a lot of the time. It’s been a struggle to decide what to keep.

What pushed me in favor of the 3080 is DLSS. Until AMD gets theirs off the ground I don’t think a 5-10 frames is going to push me in their favor.

DLSS/RTX are the reasons I'm going with Nvidia.

3 hours ago, Nokt said:

Did you manage to get a 6800XT for close to MSRP off Amazon?

On 8/1/2021 at 12:40 PM, legend said:

cs-450-150_220.png?v2
WWW.CYBERPOWERPC.COM

dat price :epilepsy:

Is that MSRP for everything+usual markup for building it for you, or are they charging you a huge fuck you markup just for having everything in stock?

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Is that MSRP for everything+usual markup for building it for you, or are they charging you a huge fuck you markup just for having everything in stock?

Mine with a

- AMD 3900x

- 1TB PCI4 NVMe

- 32GB DDR4/3000MHz

Was $2,156.00. It was not out line with other pre-built system prices, and I certainly put high value on being able to actually get the things I wanted, but you can draw your own conclusions about the price from there :p 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just throwing most everything on PCPP minus the case and OS and it came to out to about $1900 add tax and shipping and and you are pretty close.

24 minutes ago, legend said:

Mine with a

- AMD 3900x

- 1TB PCI4 NVMe

- 32GB DDR4/3000MHz

Was $2,156.00. It was not out line with other pre-built system prices, and I certainly put high value on being able to actually get the things I wanted, but you can draw your own conclusions about the price from there :p 

yah havent prebuilt been fairly close to building your own for a while now?  i know with my current PC i built early this year it was over 2k easy.  

2 hours ago, Firewithin said:

yah havent prebuilt been fairly close to building your own for a while now?  i know with my current PC i built early this year it was over 2k easy.  

Yeah that was my expectation, especially for a place like CyberpowerPC, but when I did this one, I didn't do any individual pricing so I can't say for sure. I would expect it's pretty close.