Valve drops a Tim Epic-approved steamer!

Hurricane Game

5 hours ago, imthesoldier said:

Maybe Nintendo could learn a thing or two about software support across generations with this...

Why would they when we'll keep buying Mario 3 and zero-optimization ports of the 3D games on each new platform like the trained marks we are?

3 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Seems like if your order is not showing an order availability date then you made the launch shipment. 

Sad A Christmas Story GIF by filmeditor

Playing HOI4 today ranks as the worst decision of y life. Not only did it make ordering harder but the Soviets died in 1941 so (USA) I barely had a game.

So I was looking and Mario Odyssey (60fps) is pretty damn close to running well on the win3, and the yuzu dev has stated already that steamos will be much better for this for emulation because of much better linux drivers for it.  Pretty sure you aren’t going to have to worry about botw2 not running well enough anymore boys!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I was so disappointed in the Mario 3D All Stars collection only having 3 games, and still no way to play Galaxy 2 on switch.

Heres the Mario collection you should be able to make for yourself on this:

Super Mario Bros

Super Mario Bros 2

Super Mario Bros Lost Levels

Super Mario Bros 3

Super Mario Land

Super Mario World

Super Mario All Stars

Super Mario Land 2

Yoshis Island

Super Mario 64 (720/60/widescreen/extra AF etc)

Super Mario Sunshine (720/60/widescreen/extra AF etc)

New Super Mario Bros (720p/extra AF etc)

Super Mario Galaxy (720p/extra AF etc/bonus of touch pads here for pointer emulation)

New Super Mario Bros Wii (720p/extra AF etc)

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (720p/extra AF etc/bonus of touch pads here for pointer emulation)

New Super Mario Bros 2 (720p/extra AF etc)

New Super Mario Bros Wiiu (extra af etc)

Super Mario 3D Land (720p/extra af etc)

Super Mario 3D World (extra af etc)

Super Mario Odyssey (may need some more yuzu improvements but within a year I bet)

Super Mario Bowsers Fury (probably runs right away at 30fps as on switch handheld, hopefully eventually emulate to 60 handheld!)

MUCH better collection on this thing.

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Why would they when we'll keep buying Mario 3 and zero-optimization ports of the 3D games on each new platform like the trained marks we are?

Everyone has their breaking point on rebuying the same shit, different generation. If what Nintendo in the past has said holds true today, then not only is nVidia going to be a partner with them for two decades, but having an Apple approach to hardware where you can use software across multiple platforms across generations is also a possibility. 

Im a sucker for Nintendo games. It’s what I grew up with, and I believe if Sega were still making hardware, Sega fanatics would do the same. Heck, we see the same thing with Xbox, and PlayStation fanatics. We’re all the same either way. :p

14 hours ago, stepee said:

Actually the tech specs just say:

All models use socketed 2230 m.2 modules (not intended for end-user replacement)

Meaning, expect owners to upgrade their SSDs in the coming years. I don’t regret reserving the 512GB as I like having the extra storage on tap from the get go. But thanks for pointing that out because I missed that before. 

Looking at pricing, Dell has 2230 nvme SSDs in both 256, and 512 variants as shown here: Dell 2230 nvme SSD

So between the additional storage, the anti glare etched glass, and the “exclusive” carrying case, that sounds like a decent mark up all things considered. 

1 minute ago, imthesoldier said:

Meaning, expect owners to upgrade their SSDs in the coming years. I don’t regret reserving the 512GB as I like having the extra storage on tap from the get go. But thanks for pointing that out because I missed that before. 

Looking at pricing, Dell has 2230 nvme SSDs in both 256, and 512 variants as shown here: Dell 2230 nvme SSD

So between the additional storage, the anti glare etched glass, and the “exclusive” carrying case, that sounds like a decent mark up all things considered. 

I had no idea it came with a carrying case, bonus!

1 hour ago, stepee said:

So I was looking and Mario Odyssey (60fps) is pretty damn close to running well on the win3, and the yuzu dev has stated already that steamos will be much better for this for emulation because of much better linux drivers for it.  Pretty sure you aren’t going to have to worry about botw2 not running well enough anymore boys!

At this point might as well wait for Yuzu to develop.

52 minutes ago, imthesoldier said:

Actually all versions come with a carrying case, but interestingly the 512GB has an "exclusive" carrying case. So I guess it's more...exclusive...or something, I guess.

Gaben personally touches each 512GB carry case.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Whoa, yuzu runs better in Linux than Windows?  I'll have to try this out and throw more money to them.

16 minutes ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Whoa, yuzu runs better in Linux than Windows?  I'll have to try this out and throw more money to them.

I’m not sure if that’s universal or if he just meant for this particular setup I should say.

Just now, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Same. Maybe we can open them together.

So are people gonna keep Steam OS or wipe it immediately after getting it?

For me this depends on how much additional game compatibility support comes to Steam OS between now and then and if it runs a fair bit better than windows 10/11. 

27 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Oh nice, how is the Aya Neo? Are the physical controls of decent build quality? 

Won't get it until late Aug/Sept based on the timeline their website gave me. 

Atleast I should have it before SRW 30.