Trump Org CFO to be charged with crimes crimes crimes on Thursday

19 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's not "nothing" per se, but it really doesn't do anything to change the overall political trajectory.

Is Weisselberg willing to take the fall for Trump?  Especially since Trump cannot protect him or pardon him.  I wouldn't doubt that he will try and make a deal with prosecutors in order to reduce his charges, or stop new charges from being brought forth. 

5 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Is Weisselberg willing to take the fall for Trump?  Especially since Trump cannot protect him or pardon him.  I wouldn't doubt that he will try and make a deal with prosecutors in order to reduce his charges, or stop new charges from being brought forth. 

I'm going to straight up say that there is NOTHING for Trump to take the fall for because he wasn't involved in any of these activities in any way, shape, or form.  Because (a) he's too stupid to have been part of it and (b) the others didn't trust his big mouth enough not to blab enough to involve him.

1 minute ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to straight up say that there is NOTHING for Trump to take the fall for because he wasn't involved in any of these activities in any way, shape, or form.  Because (a) he's too stupid to have been and (b) the others didn't trust him enough to involve him.

His signature is on some of the checks to Cohen that were used to pay off Stormy Daniels.  Cohen was charged and sentenced (in part) for that scheme.  Trump is just as guilty.

But you are probably right, he likely won't face charges in relation to the Cohen matter.  Even though he should. 

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'm going to straight up say that there is NOTHING for Trump to take the fall for because he wasn't involved in any of these activities in any way, shape, or form.  Because (a) he's too stupid to have been part of it and (b) the others didn't trust his big mouth enough not to blab enough to involve him.

The wildcard is that this isn't a normal business, there's no meaningful line between the Trump Org and Trump's personal finances.

Weisselberg turned himself in this morning, and is expected to be in court later this afternoon for the charges to be made official.

210701074837-restricted-01-allen-weissel
WWW.CNN.COM

Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg surrendered to the Manhattan district attorney's office Thursday morning ahead of expected criminal charges against him and the company in connection with alleged tax crimes, his attorney told CNN.

New York prosecutors have charged the Trump Org CFO with 15 Felony counts for tax fraud over a 15 year period.  Prosecutors believe that Weisselberg is a flight risk, so the court has taken his passport. 

210701074837-restricted-01-allen-weissel
WWW.CNN.COM

New York prosecutors on Thursday charged the Trump Organization, Trump Payroll Corporation and Chief Financial Officer Allen Weisselberg with 15 felony counts in connection with an alleged tax scheme stretching back to 2005, in an extraordinary legal development against the former President's namesake company.

5 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

“Entry level”.

IE "No one with a semblance of an education or foresight would apply for this position given what's going on at the company"

It actually reminds me of the Dick and Jane movie with Jim Carrey.  He thinks he is being massively promoted to an executive position, but the CEO is really just doing it to make him the fall guy.  

“They go after good, hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car,” he said at a rally in Sarasota, Fla. “You didn't pay tax on the car or a company apartment. You used an apartment because you need an apartment because you have to travel too far where your house is. You didn't pay tax. Or education for your grandchildren. I don't even know. Do you have to? Does anybody know the answer to that stuff?”

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

“They go after good, hard-working people for not paying taxes on a company car,” he said at a rally in Sarasota, Fla. “You didn't pay tax on the car or a company apartment. You used an apartment because you need an apartment because you have to travel too far where your house is. You didn't pay tax. Or education for your grandchildren. I don't even know. Do you have to? Does anybody know the answer to that stuff?”

I'd hope the company CFO would know how taxes work at the very least.

2 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

trump-3-6-e1488831267649.jpg
LAWANDCRIME.COM

President Donald Trump has a top litigator in his corner during the Justice Department's investigation of Russian connections to his presidential campaign. But Marc Kasowitz wasn't the Trump team's first choice, according to a report by Yahoo News, and it turns out the others just weren't interested.

3 hours ago, PaladinSolo said:

It's fun to laugh at his stupidity, but at the end of the day who is the joke really on if our system can't hold him to account?

59 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's fun to laugh at his stupidity, but at the end of the day who is the joke really on if our system can't hold him to account?

You almost need Trump to go all Eric from Billy Madison to be convicted. . . maybe