Breath of the Wild 2 trailer

SaysWho?

25 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

I hope this one has more focus. The first BotW was the only Zelda game i've ever disliked.

I guess it depends on exactly what you mean, but I have this feeling that "more focus" would mean a direction that is antithetical to everything that I thought made BotW a standout exceptional game :p 

Pretty sure I've ranted about what I loved before, but to elaborate, key to BotW's excellence was that the main quest was mostly "optional." In principle, and if you were good enough, you could fight and defeat Ganon very close to the start of the game. However, if you explored and did the other threads, it would make you more capable of taking on Ganon when you did fight him. What that meant is the "quests" had direct and actual utility to your mission, rather than just being things to do because the story says you should.

So I’m wondering about the new powers we saw.  Some kind of future time sight?  Making water float?  I’m stoked they’re introducing more of them.  Trailer was short, but they definitely showed enough leave us with new questions.

I’m concerned about what the floating platforms will mean though.  Will it be like Wind Walker’s islands?  I don’t know how they recapture BoTW’s open world magic that way.

3 minutes ago, XxEvil AshxX said:

His arm is Zelda.

Or his arm is Ganon or whatever that evil looking spirit saw in the first trailer was, and it's trying to take over Link to be resurrected, and you must rid yourself of it before the corrupting influence spreads. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I thought it was the second best Zelda ever made. I want more, but more refined. And dungeons. But definitely still open world.

I wouldn't hold your breath for dungeons. I'm pretty sure this game will have the same structure as the first. That trailer honestly didn't excite me. 

I did like how Link's hair moved when he ran. That's cool. I'll definitely be all over it when it releases Spring 2023.

51 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for dungeons. I'm pretty sure this game will have the same structure as the first. That trailer honestly didn't excite me. 

I did like how Link's hair moved when he ran. That's cool. I'll definitely be all over it when it releases Spring 2023.

Umm, did we watch the same trailer? Multiple things they showed screamed Dungeon to me. 

The trailer was great. It was the best thing they showed.

17 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Weapon durability is what forced creativity in BotW and kept the game from being an endless combat slog where you’d want to murder everything you see. If Nintendo has a bit of brains they’ll keep it.

Agreed, except for the master sword. I thought that was ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Agreed, except for the master sword. I thought that was ridiculous.

Thematically it doesn’t make sense, but any unbreakable weapon “breaks” the whole affair. If they wanna make it unbreakable against Ganon or in dungeons or whatever, that’s fine. But universally unbreakable is bad.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Thematically it doesn’t make sense, but any unbreakable weapon “breaks” the whole affair. If they wanna make it unbreakable against Ganon or in dungeons or whatever, that’s fine. But universally unbreakable is bad.

Agreed, but thats why I would have put it in Ganons fortress, so you couldn't get it till you wanted to beat the game. 

And yes, I realize you can beat ganon right away, but very few people would have tried that.

Or even make an enchantment that stops it from breaking, but you can only get it after you have a set amount of hearts and stamina.

13 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Agreed, but thats why I would have put it in Ganons fortress, so you couldn't get it till you wanted to beat the game. 

And yes, I realize you can beat ganon right away, but very few people would have tried that.

Or even make an enchantment that stops it from breaking, but you can only get it after you have a set amount of hearts and stamina.

Not sure I agree about putting it there. One of the most fun experiences was

Spoiler

Exploring the lost forest because I was curious what was there and organically finding it.

9 minutes ago, legend said:

Not sure I agree about putting it there. One of the most fun experiences was

Hide contents

Exploring the lost forest because I was curious what was there and organically finding it.

I don't have a perfect solution, but I hate the master sword being unusable most of the time.

Durability as a mechanic is fine, the only reason it was annoying was the frequency with which weapons broke. If they just lasted a bit longer it wouldn’t have mattered, but because longer fights (especially in the earlier portions of the game) might literally require multiple weapon swaps, it became a hinderance. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Weapon durability is what forced creativity in BotW and kept the game from being an endless combat slog where you’d want to murder everything you see. If Nintendo has a bit of brains they’ll keep it.

Actually it looks like they smartened up. The only weapon Link has is a gun arm. Since it's his arm he can't break it making this game 1000% better than the first game.

2 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

So I’m wondering about the new powers we saw.  Some kind of future time sight?  Making water float?  I’m stoked they’re introducing more of them.  Trailer was short, but they definitely showed enough leave us with new questions.

I’m concerned about what the floating platforms will mean though.  Will it be like Wind Walker’s islands?  I don’t know how they recapture BoTW’s open world magic that way.

It looks like he can rewind time. I wonder how useful that mechanic will be outside of puzzles and spring projectiles back at enemies.

I wonder if the water thing is just a method of teleporting up to the floating island.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Umm, did we watch the same trailer? Multiple things they showed screamed Dungeon to me. 

The trailer was great. It was the best thing they showed.

The trailer didn't show a whole lot. I guess you saw areas where is screamed dungeon but I saw a gigantic open world again which is fine by me. 

I agree with the weapon discussion in here. Good points.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

The trailer didn't show a whole lot. I guess you saw areas where is screamed dungeon but I saw a gigantic open world again which is fine by me. 

I agree with the weapon discussion in here. Good points.

"Dungeon" is a catch all term, it doesn't have to be a deep, dark underground. That temple he was climbing sure looks like a dungeon to me.

40 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

"Dungeon" is a catch all term, it doesn't have to be a deep, dark underground. That temple he was climbing sure looks like a dungeon to me.

I'd be happy to be wrong. I just think they are sticking with the same formula as BOTW and adding some new tricks. It'll be great I'm sure.

I saw the same gianantic overworld as the first game with sky stuff above it you glide or warp to.  Which makes me think maybe this won’t be much like the first game at all.  How do you keep BoTW’s open expanse thing going when the new bits are so segmented?  Re-exploring that bottom world twice seems more like a chore.

I could easily be wrong about that, we’ll see what they do.

4 hours ago, crispy4000 said:

I saw the same gianantic overworld as the first game with sky stuff above it you glide or warp to.  Which makes me think maybe this won’t be much like the first game at all.  How do you keep BoTW’s open expanse thing going when the new bits are so segmented?  Re-exploring that bottom world twice seems more like a chore.

I could easily be wrong about that, we’ll see what they do.

If those floating sky islands came up from underground, then the Hyrule we have to explore could be the same Hyrule, but just ripped apart and shifted around.

22 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

No one cares about BOTW around here enough to make a thread for it.

So... this is getting more traction than the other Nintendo threads. Methinks people care. :p 

But I had to look several times because you had all the other Nintendo games, so I thought, "Nah, BOTW2 has to be there somewhere."