~* Tripe/Counter-Tripe *~

nsfw

Spoiler
vkqmlgap60dtd8oflfbs.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

WASHINGTON—In an effort to determine whether it should even bother trying anymore, the U.S. Postal Service issued a new stamp with an anus on it Thursday to see if people these days still care what is on their stamps. “We’ve put some pretty cool stuff on our stamps recently—a T. rex, the U.S.S. Missouri, Marvin…

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
ai75Mr4e8Y3hJVgXkynw4P-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Carmack heads the list of "guests" at the upcoming event that bills itself as a sci-fi convention for people "tired of woke propaganda."

I am shocked at this development.

Totally.

Shocked.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sicko 1

3 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
ai75Mr4e8Y3hJVgXkynw4P-1200-80.jpg
WWW.PCGAMER.COM

Carmack heads the list of "guests" at the upcoming event that bills itself as a sci-fi convention for people "tired of woke propaganda."

I am shocked at this development.

Totally.

Shocked.

No wonder he was okay working for Lucky Palmer and Fuckerberg. 

11 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Nerd/geek/whatever culture has been getting better at catering to non cishet white men. Thus, the conventions I’ve been going to have been a lot better the past few years. Carmack’s thing sounds like the 90s cons with a bunch of incels. I suppose that’s got its own charm to it. :|

I've been very happy to see the fantasy genre of literature be basically taken over by women in the last decade. There are of course still some huge male powerhouses like Brandon Sanderson, but if you check the bookshelves for the current best-sellers and overall volume, it is female authors who are expanding the genre, and in a big way. My wife was always a horror fan, but in the last few years has dived head first into fantasy because of how accessible it has become for women, catoring much more to their wants. A similar thing is happening in sci-fi, albeit more slowly. But it should be no surprise, as men basically just don't read anymore, and women dominate the readership rolls of basically every genre, now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...