Nintendo Direct E3 6/15/2021 9am (PST)

GameDadGrant

9 minutes ago, Brick said:

Then where is it? Sure they could have a surprise announcement later today, but seems weird not to have announced it during the stream.

Dude, Nintendo does what Nintendo does. 

This is the company that once said no new DS model (? I believe it was DS) was coming anytime soon, then announced it the next day. 

Its definitely real. Just when its coming, nobody knows.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Sony did not have a show. It was a joke. 

2d Metroid is not better than 3d Horizon. 3d Metroid absolutely would be. Im still stoked for Metroid 5 tho.

3D Horizon isn’t that exciting since it’s always 3D, it’s just another entry in a series that we know will continue to drop a new game every 2 years or so. A new Metroid 2D game is something a lot people have waited a very long time for. It’s absolutely more exciting.

And I don’t know why we are ranking Sony in this if they decided not to attend, I mean yeah showing some stuff is better than not showing up at all I guess.

2 hours ago, Brick said:

No Switch Pro even with all the rumours and supposed leaks this year. I never believed them before, but this year there seemed to be so many I thought maybe there was something to them. Nope. At this point though forget about a Switch Pro, it's time for a Switch 2; a true successor to the Switch, which will hopefully be backwards compatible and maybe, hopefully have Switch games run better.

100% truth. So disappointing no Switch pro and no mp4. Botw2 will slip to 2023.

Overall, two thumbs down.

I don't give a shit about MS, but Metroid Dread just made my day.

I want a Pro, but with hardware shortages now, it'd just be an exercise in extreme frustration. I'm happy with what Nintendo showed. I get Metroid and MegaTen this Fall. That's a damn good time. I'm also wanting the Advance Wars remake, though I do have CIB copies on GBA.

• Like 1

Just now, BloodyHell said:

I mean, i wouldn't declare a winner. But MS certainly had the best show. Especially with gamepass.

i think MS had a good showing. I still feel uncomfortable with game pass - I feel like we’re being indoctrinated and there’s gonna be this gotcha moment where we’re gonna wish we could go back to how things were. 

• Haha 1

Nobody should have been expecting a Switch Pro here. The banner before Nintendo's presentation said this stream was exclusively for Switch software which is exactly what Nintendo said last week.

Now, if Nintendo drops new Switch news tomorrow, that would be a different story.

Just now, GameDadGrant said:

MS? Really?

Okay.

By a long shot. Nintendo certainly didn't do anything special. It would take a big time fanboy to claim otherwise.  And im not a big MS guy, im usually a Sony Pony. Gamepass is the best thing in gaming right now.

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

i think MS had a good showing. I still feel uncomfortable with game pass - I feel like we’re being indoctrinated and there’s gonna be this gotcha moment where we’re gonna wish we could go back to how things were. 

Best deal in gaming right now.

2 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

By a long shot. Nintendo certainly didn't do anything special. It would take a big time fanboy to claim otherwise.  And im not a big MS guy, im usually a Sony Pony. Gamepass is the best thing in gaming right now.

New 2D metroid is pretty good. Bringing advance wars back out of nowhere is great. BOTW 2 looking real nice. 

I can’t say either show was demonstrably better than the other, just depends on what you’re into. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

New 2D metroid is pretty good. Bringing advance wars back out of nowhere is great. BOTW 2 looking real nice. 

I can’t say either show was demonstrably better than the other, just depends on what you’re into. 

27 games, many AAA, day and date on GP. 

1 minute ago, Paperclyp said:

Metroid looks great. Advance Wars is an old remake. BotW is hype, but probably xmas 22. Other than that, very little. Game and Watch Zelda...

Yeah I'm pumped for Metroid 5. And weirdly psyched for Advance Wars and Super Monkey Ball. Bringing back WarioWare is pretty dope too, those games are great on-the-go. Perfect for pick-up-and-play. And seeing Shin Megami Tensei V so close is great as well. I suppose I shouldn't count out Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope even though Ubisoft already presented it before. I'm on board for that, the first game is fun. I'm also looking forward to Monster Hunter Stories 2 - the first game is fun and this new sequel looks to be even better. Treehouse Live showed a LOT of it. I'll probably download the demo later. 

Oh, and a new DLC character reveal is always hype. I'm not much of a Tekken guy, but I'll check out Kazuya anyway. Ya never know who might end up being a new main! 

Gonna keep an eye on Cruisin' Blast - never heard of that one before but it looks pretty cool. I dig arcade racers so I could probably jive with that. Oh, and that Worms game, too. Those are always fun. 

But yeah, Metroid Dread is the one I'm most stoked for. Looks so, so awesome. :D

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm glad you guys are pumped for Metroid 5. I honestly hope Nintendo skipped the idea of a pro model and just went with a Switch 2. We shall see next year I guess.

Bruh, Nintendo said in an investors meeting that the Switch cycle is half over. We got another 5 years. Pro now or never. 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

Bruh, Nintendo said in an investors meeting that the Switch cycle is half over. We got another 5 years. Pro now or never. 

What in holy hell? That's absurd! Jfc, yea, a pro model BETTER come out next year. That's ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, best3444 said:

What in holy hell? That's absurd! Jfc, yea, a pro model BETTER come out next year. That's ridiculous.

1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

"We are aiming to continue this momentum" - Saying Nintendo did well last year would be putting things mildly. Having reac...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I don’t think either company delivered on what they could and probably should have.  Where was Bayonetta 3?  Where was Fable?  Where was Metroid Prime 4?  Where was Perfect Dark?  Where was Hellblade 2?  Where was Splatoon 3? Etc

Microsoft’s showing was enough to say that you’ll have a good enough time this year with Games Pass.  Nintendo illustrated the same to their fanbase.  At a higher price tag… but maybe more exciting properties, since Metroid 5 is a big thing for that series canonically, and Advanced Wars was presumed dead.

I’d still say Microsoft had the edge this year.  But mainly for value, not hype. Horizon was the most exciting new thing they showed, by far.