Nintendo Direct E3 6/15/2021 9am (PST)

GameDadGrant

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

According to this guy Metroid Dread is a 15 year old game they didn't have the technology to make into a game until now.

Dread was first announced back in like 2005, but then they just dropped development. Why they did has been the subject of endless speculation.

Besides that some good stuff! Metroid Dread looks amazing, I’ve been dying for a new Warioware, SMT5 looks way better than I thought it would, I’ve wanted Life is Strange on switch, they at least showed more BOTW2, some people are pumped for Advanced Wars, and Cruis’n Blast looks so fucking fun!

Being a Nintendo fan is a lot like being in an abusive relationship with a talented artist. You stay with them because at their best no one can top them, but deep down you know that they treat you bad far more often then they treat  you good. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

Being a Nintendo fan is a lot like being in an abusive relationship with a talented artist. You stay with them because at their best no one can top them, but deep down you know that they treat you bad far more often then they treat  you good. 

I love Nintendo Directs because I’m always disappointed yet end up with a bunch of stuff I do really want to play!

16 minutes ago, Bacon said:

So, yeah, the Summer Games Fest won E3 with Elden Ring. But the real winner is me cuz FUCKING ELEX 2 BABY.

FUCK NINTNEDO

FUCK SONY

FUCK MS

YEAH ELEX

YEAH ELDEN RING

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The best presentation this year was the Wholesome Direct that nobody watched.

So happy we're finally getting Metroid 5. It's been 19 years since Fusion (fuck I feel old), and I've been wondering since how the story would progress from there. They totally named it Dread as fan service.

BOTW2 for 2022 is nice. Probably will be the holiday title unless it is delayed.

No Switch Pro even with all the rumours and supposed leaks this year. I never believed them before, but this year there seemed to be so many I thought maybe there was something to them. Nope. At this point though forget about a Switch Pro, it's time for a Switch 2; a true successor to the Switch, which will hopefully be backwards compatible and maybe, hopefully have Switch games run better.

5 minutes ago, Brick said:

So happy we're finally getting Metroid 5. It's been 19 years since Fusion (fuck I feel old), and I've been wondering since how the story would progress from there. They totally named it Dread as fan service.

Dread was the actually game's name way back before the title was cancelled. I'm pretty sure Nintendo announced the game as Dread back in 2005 or 2006.

Either way, Samus is being chased by Galactic Federation robots, so it does seem the story is picking up getting where Fusion ended.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Dread was the actually game's name way back before the title was cancelled. I'm pretty sure Nintendo announced the game as Dread back in 2005 or 2006.

Either way, Samus is being chased by Galactic Federation robots, so it does seem the story is picking up getting where Fusion ended.

I thought that was just rumours, or a codename, or leak, or something, not really ever officially released, and then of course it basically became a meme within the community, "Where's Dread? What about Metroid Dread?", with even Prime 3 making a reference to ""Project Dread" in one of the scannables in the environment. Either way I'm sure glad to see it finally materialize. The new suit looks cool, and the EMMI looks like a cool way to continue with the chase scenes from Fusion when running from the SA-X. I do have to wonder what technology wasn't available 15 years ago that is now. It can't just be graphics. Is Sakamoto exaggerating, or will there actually be something in the game that we'll think, "oh that's cool and totally not something that could have been done on the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U or Gameboy Advance/DS/3DS".

Most importantly though, and this might be the biggest news of E3 this year is that @Keyser_Soze now totally owes me a cock ring!

I'll give them $60 bucks just to let them know that people out there want more Advance Wars.

I'd pay $60 for a touch version designed for mobile... Hell, I would probably pay hundreds of dollars.

The problem is... how many people will pay Nintendo $60 for a few remakes of 20 year old Gameboy Advance games from a franchise most have never heard of? I feel like they are just setting them up for failure.

20 minutes ago, Brick said:

I thought that was just rumours, or a codename, or leak, or something, not really ever officially released, and then of course it basically became a meme within the community, "Where's Dread? What about Metroid Dread?", with even Prime 3 making a reference to ""Project Dread" in one of the scannables in the environment. Either way I'm sure glad to see it finally materialize. The new suit looks cool, and the EMMI looks like a cool way to continue with the chase scenes from Fusion when running from the SA-X. I do have to wonder what technology wasn't available 15 years ago that is now. It can't just be graphics. Is Sakamoto exaggerating, or will there actually be something in the game that we'll think, "oh that's cool and totally not something that could have been done on the Gamecube/Wii/Wii U or Gameboy Advance/DS/3DS".

Most importantly though, and this might be the biggest news of E3 this year is that @Keyser_Soze now totally owes me a cock ring!

It's probably just the stealth and chase mechanic along with timing. Getting chased around would have sucked on the GBA and DS since the FOV is so small. The game wasn't going to get a full console release since the 2D games don't sell that well in the US, certainly not better than the Prime games, and it's never been a big franchise in Japan. Sounds like the game just wound up getting shelved and Nintendo wasn't really waiting for some new tech. I think this is just a case where we should all be thanking MercurySteam. They pushed for it, Nintendo gave them a test with Samus Returns, and the reward was reviving Dread.

57 minutes ago, Brick said:

BOTW2 for 2022 is nice. Probably will be the holiday title unless it is delayed.

No Switch Pro even with all the rumours and supposed leaks this year. I never believed them before, but this year there seemed to be so many I thought maybe there was something to them. Nope. At this point though forget about a Switch Pro, it's time for a Switch 2; a true successor to the Switch, which will hopefully be backwards compatible and maybe, hopefully have Switch games run better.

Naw, when Schrier and Grubb are reporting on Switch Pro, it's real. 

34 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Naw, when Schrier and Grubb are reporting on Switch Pro, it's real. 

Then where is it? Sure they could have a surprise announcement later today, but seems weird not to have announced it during the stream.

34 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

No, MS won E3. By miles.

Like, Nintendo's show was a 6 at best.

Way ahead of Sony tho  😆

Metroid 5 > Horizon 5 since we knew the latter would be happening this year and it’s been much longer.

Did..Sony have a show? I guess they showed Horizon 2. 

Just now, stepee said:

Metroid 5 > Horizon 5 since we knew the latter would be happening this year and it’s been much longer.

Did..Sony have a show? I guess they showed Horizon 2. 

Sony did not have a show. It was a joke. 

2d Metroid is not better than 3d Horizon. 3d Metroid absolutely would be. Im still stoked for Metroid 5 tho.