He works in computers and enjoys macaroni salad. A good son.

Jason

18 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay? This isn't some weird or controversial opinion. 

Cucumbers and bread and butter pickles literally make me gag/vomit, but I love the shit out of dill pickles. Are you gonna play some gotcha game over that, too?

It's not gotcha! I'm just surprised how people hate mayo with a passion, yet love aioli. They're the same thing.

On 8/12/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jose said:

White people hate mayo, but love aioli, which is mayo. In conclusion, white people be dumb.

The stereotype is that white people love mayo though.

13 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Okay? This isn't some weird or controversial opinion. 

Cucumbers and bread and butter pickles literally make me gag/vomit, but I love the shit out of dill pickles. Are you gonna play some gotcha game over that, too?

It's like when I say I hate tomatoes and people say "Well you're using ketchup on your fries!"

The added ingredients make it not suck.

Also, what the fuck is aioli?

1 hour ago, Scape Zero said:

The stereotype is that white people love mayo though.

It's like when I say I hate tomatoes and people say "Well you're using ketchup on your fries!"

The added ingredients make it not suck.

Also, what the fuck is aioli?

I love tomatoes, but dislike ketchup, too. :P 

As Jose said, aioli is basically garlic mayo. I only discovered it a few years ago when I ate at a great local burger place. I've never had just gobs of it, but I enjoy it on my burger, with the other added ingredients. 

But every time a place fucks up and puts mayo on my burger or sandwich, it's ruined. 

Aioli is literally mayo. If a restaurant has aioli on its menu that just means they make their mayo from scratch. Plain aioli and mayo are literally the exact same thing. However 99.9% of restaurants flavor their aioli with something so a lot of people don’t realize it’s the same. Also since it’s homemade it has a slightly smoother texture than the commerical stuff. 

3 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Aioli is literally mayo. If a restaurant has aioli on its menu that just means they make their mayo from scratch. Plain aioli and mayo are literally the exact same thing. However 99.9% of restaurants flavor their aioli with something so a lot of people don’t realize it’s the same. Also since it’s homemade it has a slightly smoother texture than the commerical stuff. 

Well, if they're flavoring it with stuff, then it would obviously taste different than regular mayo. Much like pickles don't taste much like a raw cucumber, since it's been spiced up and altered.

I don't get why this is so hard for some of you guys to grasp. 

6 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, if they're flavoring it with stuff, then it would obviously taste different than regular mayo. Much like pickles don't taste much like a raw cucumber, since it's been spiced up and altered.

I don't get why this is so hard for some of you guys to grasp. 

I get what your saying. You like it flavored. I’m just saying people refer to them as if they’re two different things. They’re not. If you add sriracha to Hellmens you have sriracha mayo or sriracha aioli. Same thing. 

The pickle to cucumber isn’t a good analogy. Saying you like Dill but don’t like Bread and Butter pickles makes more sense. Just like lots of people don’t like plain yogurt but love flavored yogurts. A cucumber is not a plain flavor of a pickle. 

2 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

I get what your saying. You like it flavored. I’m just saying people refer to them as if they’re two different things. They’re not. If you add sriracha to Hellmens you have sriracha mayo or sriracha aioli. Same thing. 

The pickle to cucumber isn’t a good analogy. Saying you like Dill but don’t like Bread and Butter pickles makes more sense. Just like lots of people don’t like plain yogurt but love flavored yogurts. A cucumber is not a plain flavor of a pickle. 

Well, I did specify in this thread that I love dill, but have sweet pickles, so there you have it.

No one is saying aioli isn't a type of mayo. But it tastes a helluva lot different, so it's not weird that some people who despise mayo can like aioli. And I don't even love it. I've only had it at one restaurant and just a little smear. But you put "just a little smear" of mayo or miracle whip on my sandwich and you've ruined it. 

22 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Well, I did specify in this thread that I love dill, but have sweet pickles, so there you have it.

No one is saying aioli isn't a type of mayo. But it tastes a helluva lot different, so it's not weird that some people who despise mayo can like aioli. And I don't even love it. I've only had it at one restaurant and just a little smear. But you put "just a little smear" of mayo or miracle whip on my sandwich and you've ruined it. 

You have sweet pickles?