Россия invades Україна | UPDATE (30 May 2024) - Biden gives Ukraine permission to strike some targets inside Russia with American weapons

1 minute ago, CitizenVectron said:

So we're all enjoying that Russia is bungling this...but for those better versed than I, what are the chances Ukraine actually comes out of this non-Russian occupied? Will the Russians just slow down, level cities, and take their time to invade and win out in the end?

I'm hoping someone just takes Putin out and ends everyone's suffering

• Ukraine 2

3 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

With sanctions and I assume an active, equipped insurgency could Russia afford an occupation for long?

Yeah its one thing to claim territory and its another thing to keep it. They probably will "take" Kyiv but there will be low level fighting for a long time.

I don't think they will be able to have it as a fully functional society.

1 minute ago, Jwheel86 said:

I'm wondering if Monday's deadline by the Russian General Staff is their version of take the capitol, declare victory, withdraw to cut their loses except for maybe the Republics. 

That's entirely possible though I do expect that they will make a serious push to establish that land bridge in the south.

39 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

One of my local bars is calling for other bars in the area to dump out all their Russian vodka. Love the sentiment, however the brands they’re specifically listing are Stoli and Smirnoff smh. Like, is Google really that hard for people?

Just offer to take it off their hands

The Snake Island 13 MAY STILL BE ALIVE!

From The Guardian:

The Ukrainian soldiers who defended an island in the Black Sea from an air and sea bombardment - reportedly telling an officer on board a Russian navy warship to “go f*** yourself” when asked to surrender, are believed to still be alive according to Ukrainian officials.

There were 13 border guards stationed on Snake Island, a roughly 16-hectare (40-acre) rocky island owned by Ukraine that sits about 186 miles (300km) west of Crimea, when Russian troops bombed the island on Thursday.

All 13 soldiers were believed to have died after refusing to surrender, Ukrainian officials announced.

However, in a recent statement, the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine said:

"We [have a] strong belief that all Ukrainian defenders of Zmiinyi (Snake) Island may be alive.

After receiving information about their possible location, the DPSU together with the Armed Forces of Ukraine are conducting work on identifying our soldiers."

• Shocked 1
  • Ukraine 3

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

When you've lost Gabbard...

And this guy.

1373031869.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&aut
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Donald Trump praised the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, as a “brave man” for his handling of the Russian invasion – nearly three years after he tried to extort him for political dirt on Joe Biden.

• Guillotine 1
  • Ukraine 1

5 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

And this guy.

1373031869.jpg?quality=75&width=1200&aut
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Donald Trump praised the Ukrainian president, Volodymyr Zelensky, as a “brave man” for his handling of the Russian invasion – nearly three years after he tried to extort him for political dirt on Joe Biden.

That SWIFT ban is doing work

• Haha 2
  • True 1

So... not to be alarmist. But this might be ramping up just a tad. 

vignette-rs-defaut-2.7d582d1e.jpg
WWW.ELYSEE.FR

The President of the French Republic emphasized the extent to which brotherhood between the Belarusian and Ukrainian peoples should make Belarus refuse to be Russia’s vassal and de facto accomplice in the war against Ukraine.

This is a readout summary of a call French President Macron had with Belarusian president Lukashenko today. 

Essentially... the French believe that Russia may want to deploy nuclear weapons to Belarus. NOTE: This does NOT mean they will USE them. This means move them or station them in Belarus. 

Russia doesn't need to do that to threaten Ukraine, but it would be the first time Russian nuclear weapons would be based outside of Russia. And I think Macron insists this is serious because of what that would mean for Belarus. Namely... they'd become a target for French or NATO nukes. 

7 minutes ago, CayceG said:

So... not to be alarmist. But this might be ramping up just a tad. 

vignette-rs-defaut-2.7d582d1e.jpg
WWW.ELYSEE.FR

The President of the French Republic emphasized the extent to which brotherhood between the Belarusian and Ukrainian peoples should make Belarus refuse to be...

This is a readout summary of a call French President Macron had with Belarusian president Lukashenko today. 

Essentially... the French believe that Russia may want to deploy nuclear weapons to Belarus. NOTE: This does NOT mean they will USE them. This means move them or station them in Belarus. 

Russia doesn't need to do that to threaten Ukraine, but it would be the first time Russian nuclear weapons would be based outside of Russia. And I think Macron insists this is serious because of what that would mean for Belarus. Namely... they'd become a target for French or NATO nukes. 

C'est la vie!