Biden will replace entire 645,000 federal fleet with American electric vehicles

joe-biden-election.jpg?resize=1200%2C628
ELECTREK.CO

President Joe Biden has just announced that he will replace the entire US federal fleet with electric vehicles made in the US. The US federal fleet consists of over 645,000 vehicles, according to the latest Federal Fleet Report. This includes 245k civilian vehicles, 173k military vehicles, and 225k post office vehicles. Biden talked a lot […]

Wow. Now do it for USPS, as well.

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mail trucks are the perfect candidate for being replaced with electrics. Don't need a ton of range and CONSTANT stop and go.

Workhorse baby! Don't say I never give out good stock recs.

workhorsec1000image.png
WWW.FOOL.COM

A comment from President Joe Biden has given investors increasing confidence in the electric vehicle maker's future success.

3 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I'm thinking this isn't going to be included. Because it's an astonishingly bad idea for these specifically. 

It could work for at least part of the fleet. Moving the president around DC, moving the president from the airport to the UN, etc. A lot of those motorcades are for relatively short distances.

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

It could work for at least part of the fleet. Moving the president around DC, moving the president from the airport to the UN, etc. A lot of those motorcades are for relatively short distances.

yeah, but you don’t want to limit them to short distances by design. 

plus I think some of the distances in more rural locations are significantly greater than if POTUS, FLOTUS, or VPOTUS go to a major population hub with a major airport or military airport within a few miles of their destination. 

55 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have to imagine that if we’re ever in a position where the safety of the President is dependent upon how far the car can go before the fuel gauge hits E or the battery dies, we’re fucked anyway so we might as well be eco friendly about it.

2 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I have to imagine that if we’re ever in a position where the safety of the President is dependent upon how far the car can go before the fuel gauge hits E or the battery dies, we’re fucked anyway so we might as well be eco friendly about it.

Nah, as long as they have a bike rack Joe has an escape plan.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

That may be true, but the USSS generally doesn’t like to leave that to chance. A lot of military equipment and equipment used by the White House is also EMP shielded, including Air Force One. Just let those frightening scenarios sink in. But with a full electric motorcade they’d be attempting to EMP shield the entire vehicle, and not just a few key components. 

6 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

That may be true, but the USSS generally doesn’t like to leave that to chance. A lot of military equipment and equipment used by the White House is also EMP shielded, including Air Force One. Just let those frightening scenarios sink in. But with a full electric motorcade they’d be attempting to EMP shield the entire vehicle, and not just a few key components. 

Again, if EMPs are going off we’ve got bigger problems.

21 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I got my wife a Tesla Model Y for Christmas and am now alllll aboard the EV train. As soon as Ram has an electric 1500, I’m buying.

My wife immediately put down the idea of me joking about getting an electric truck.

I'll be getting a hybrid minivan soon. I'm actually pretty excited for it!

5 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My wife immediately put down the idea of me joking about getting an electric truck.

Minivan’s a great. We are keeping our 2015 Toyota Sienna around for those times in the future when we do need to haul around like 97 kids at one time.

17 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

My Mexican wife is the one who wants the pickup, not me lol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Minivan’s a great. We are keeping our 2015 Toyota Sienna around for those times in the future when we do need to haul around like 97 kids at one time.

As luck would have it, the 2021 Sienna is what we're looking at, and the Chrysler Pacifica plug in hybrid because I may be able to still get the tax credit with it. The new Sienna is only available as a hybrid. Gets better milage than my wife's Honda fit from 9 years ago, and a bunch of nice features that I've been wanting like bluetooth to connect my phone (our cars are quite old)

Went on a lot recently and my daughter loved playing with the doors, and keeps asking when we're getting te Now that I got another dog and another kid on the way, we need the space for family trips to visit grandparents after covid.

43 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

As luck would have it, the 2021 Sienna is what we're looking at, and the Chrysler Pacifica plug in hybrid because I may be able to still get the tax credit with it. The new Sienna is only available as a hybrid. Gets better milage than my wife's Honda fit from 9 years ago, and a bunch of nice features that I've been wanting like bluetooth to connect my phone (our cars are quite old)

Went on a lot recently and my daughter loved playing with the doors, and keeps asking when we're getting te Now that I got another dog and another kid on the way, we need the space for family trips to visit grandparents after covid.

We have 130k miles on the Sienna and not a single issue besides normal wear. Highly recommended!

47 minutes ago, Joe said:

My Mexican wife is the one who wants the pickup, not me lol.

Mexican chicks love trucks from my experience. Wifey is the one that pushed me to get one after being a midsize SUV guy my whole life.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Mexican chicks love trucks from my experience. Wifey is the one that pushed me to get one after being a midsize SUV guy my whole life.

Have to be ready at all times to haul things to the imaginary rancho.

@sblfilms you're rich just get that Hummer EV1. 

I have a 19 Ram 1500 Limited, and while it's a bit ridiculous since I don't really need it, it's my favorite vehicle I've ever had. Year and a half later and it still brings me smiles per mile every time I get in it. Plus I get all kinds of comments about having a nice truck. No one ever told me I had a nice Honda...

3 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

that shouldn’t be hard to do with any hybrid. I drove my sister’s 2015 Fit for a few weeks and it was so easy to drive that car in a way that blow its MPG efficiency. 

It's just shocking! About 20% better milage but with so much more space and comfort

10 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I have a 19 Ram 1500 Limited, and while it's a bit ridiculous since I don't really need it, it's my favorite vehicle I've ever had. Year and a half later and it still brings me smiles per mile every time I get in it. Plus I get all kinds of comments about having a nice truck. No one ever told me I had a nice Honda...

Yeah, I like it way more than I had thought I would. I do actually haul stuff around nearly every day, but I get the appeal even if you don’t.

24 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Rams look damn good, I want the Night version of the 1500 so bad.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I got my wife a Tesla Model Y for Christmas and am now alllll aboard the EV train. As soon as Ram has an electric 1500, I’m buying.

24 minutes ago, Dodger said:

When is the #eattherich event supposed to happen again? I have my  Garlic Habanero Hot Sauce prepared already.