Biden will replace entire 645,000 federal fleet with American electric vehicles

54 minutes ago, Dodger said:

@sblfilms you're rich just get that Hummer EV1. 

I have a 19 Ram 1500 Limited, and while it's a bit ridiculous since I don't really need it, it's my favorite vehicle I've ever had. Year and a half later and it still brings me smiles per mile every time I get in it. Plus I get all kinds of comments about having a nice truck. No one ever told me I had a nice Honda...

thats because Honda either makes boring cars, or wild space ships like the Type R. 

6 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It’s also overpriced and hot garbage, though. For the same price as a Type R you can get cars that run in the 3s :p 

I've never heard that from journalists or enthusiasts. They are super tuners, and as reliable as anything on the market. They are FWD, which is deal breaker for some people, but they are super fun to drive. To each their own.

1 hour ago, Iculus said:

I've never heard that from journalists or enthusiasts. They are super tuners, and as reliable as anything on the market. They are FWD, which is deal breaker for some people, but they are super fun to drive. To each their own.

The Golf R and Focus RS (RIP) are both extremely better cars in terms of acceleration, handling, available features/tech, sound, and value. Type R gets thrown as being the “king” of hatches because Honda fanboys are worse than Apple or Nintendo fanboys. Watch Doug Demuro’s review, most journalists said positive things because they’re scared of not being invited back to the press events. Also, it’s one of the ugliest cars I have ever seen in person. :p 

22 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

The Golf R and Focus RS (RIP) are both extremely better cars in terms of acceleration, handling, available features/tech, sound, and value. Type R gets thrown as being the “king” of hatches because Honda fanboys are worse than Apple or Nintendo fanboys. Watch Doug Demuro’s review, most journalists said positive things because they’re scared of not being invited back to the press events. :p 

I've consumed plenty of media on all of these cars. Hatchbacks are my absolute favorites. I'm not shitting on any of these cars. I've driven pretty much all of them. I disagree with your take. It'll be ok.

7 hours ago, Iculus said:

I've consumed plenty of media on all of these cars. Hatchbacks are my absolute favorites. I'm not shitting on any of these cars. I've driven pretty much all of them. I disagree with your take. It'll be ok.

I’ve consumed all the media too, and have driven them all, hatchbacks are definitely not my favorite, but the only thing that’s going to out-handle/out-perform a Focus RS on a winding backroad is in the $100k+ range like a AMG-GTR or a 911, def not a Type R... but, it’s Honda so they’re handed a free pass. It’ll be okay.

5 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I love mine; I figured it would be one of the last chances to get an ICE, manual, AWD car in the US so the FOMO was real.

Did you tune it, or are you not getting into that? I’ve seen people drop into the upper 3s with just a tune and a new air intake. Ford is so stupid for discontinuing the Focus in NA (or, maybe not - maybe it really just wasn’t selling! :p )

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Did you tune it, or are you not getting into that? I’ve seen people drop into the upper 3s with just a tune and a new air intake. Ford is so stupid for discontinuing the Focus in NA (or, maybe not - maybe it really just wasn’t selling! :p )

I've had a Fiesta ST since 2013. I've almost put 100,000 miles on it and it might be my favorite car I've ever owned. Fuck Ford for discontinuing it in the US.

Huzzah to the manual hot hatch gang. 

8 minutes ago, CayceG said:

I've had a Fiesta ST since 2013. I've almost put 100,000 miles on it and it might be my favorite car I've ever owned. Fuck Ford for discontinuing it in the US.

Huzzah to the manual hot hatch gang. 

I’m just glad they kept the Mustang. If I had a garage I’d probably grab a Mach-E, car looks amazeballs.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Nah, it’s just stock with whatever Interior upgrade was available from the factory. I’m not tremendously into card / driving, I just always wanted a car like this and figured there wasn’t much time. Also I was on the receiving end of the VW diesel scandal, so after the buyback I got the RS for something under <$15K which was too “good” to pass up.

5 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’ve consumed all the media too, and have driven them all, hatchbacks are definitely not my favorite, but the only thing that’s going to out-handle/out-perform a Focus RS on a winding backroad is in the $100k+ range like a AMG-GTR or a 911, def not a Type R... but, it’s Honda so they’re handed a free pass. It’ll be okay.

the AWD is tough to compete with, but the Type R will outperform the RS with a fuel system upgrade and a simple flash, while still being cheaper to own and operate. I'd gladly drive a Golf R, or a GTI. I'll never own another Ford.

5 minutes ago, Iculus said:

the AWD is tough to compete with, but the Type R will outperform the RS with a fuel system upgrade and a simple flash, while still being cheaper to own and operate. I'd gladly drive a Golf R, or a GTI.

If you put the same after-market money into the RS the Type R still wouldn't be able to touch it, though. :p

IMO, it goes beyond the AWD system. The handling on the RS is insanely precise, the only sub-$100k car I've driven that comes close (maybe beats it) is the GT350R. 

I'll never own another Ford.

Why? They've come a long way in the past 8-ish years. The mid 90s-2010 MY were pretty bad, though. Same with all American brands during that time-frame. Their big turn-around year was probably the 2013 MY when they won "best technology" in the automotive section for CES. 2016 and onward have been amazing for the company, though.

The GT500 is a total god damn rip-off at $80k+, though. :sadsun: 

On 1/27/2021 at 10:27 AM, sblfilms said:

I got my wife a Tesla Model Y for Christmas and am now alllll aboard the EV train. As soon as Ram has an electric 1500, I’m buying.

Wife got a Model 3 in September, I preorder for the Cyber Truck. Thinking about selling my X5 and getting another Model 3 (maybe the Model S, but the 3 has the best look). If I could see a Mach - E, its possible I would wait and get that.

We'll be full EV by the summer (except for the LR3, wife kept it, I use it as work vehicle). Looking into solar panels.