Godzilla vs Kong Official Thread

Place Your Bets... Who you got  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Place Your Bets... Who you got

• Godzilla
    • Kong

Wish they hadn't moved this earlier to March, and kept it in May. If any movie deserves to be seen on the biggest screen possible it's a film about giant monsters fighting each other. I doubt I'll be vaccinated by March. May either, but there's more for for it. 

23 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Hopefully this is more like the quality of Godzilla or Kong: Skull Island than the fucking absolute mess that was Godzilla: King of Monsters. 

GTFO! King of the Monsters was so much better than the 2014 film. It's a movie about giant skyscraper sized monsters beating the shit out of each other. What more do you want?! 

1 hour ago, Brick said:

GTFO! King of the Monsters was so much better than the 2014 film. It's a movie about giant skyscraper sized monsters beating the shit out of each other. What more do you want?! 

Poorly filmed, messy action scenes, no build up or tension. I was super excited for the movie, saw it in theaters, and came away very disappointed. Gareth Edwards (who directed Godzilla and Rogue One) has a much better sense of tension and scale that Michael Dougherty, who directed the second one. I really disliked the second one, despite me understanding I just want to see big monsters fight. By comparison, even with the weak human element, Godzilla 2014 is a much better made film.

6 minutes ago, NeoJoe said:

Looks on par with the last Godzilla and Kong movies. Does this take place in the same universe of those movies? I think some of the actors from the last Godzilla movie were in that trailer, iirc.

yes it's in the same universe. The prior two Godzilla movies and the Kong: Skull Island movie have been building to this Marvel-style. The Kong movie took place in the early 70's so Kong wasn't fully grown in that movie. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Lol that trailer was awesome! Godzilla going full heel in this, huh? I KNEW they would make him the bad guy :p

Godzilla is ALWAYS the baddie until everyone learns there's an even worse baddie and everyone was just getting in Godzilla's way. Even this trailer seems to imply that may be the case.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Godzilla is ALWAYS the baddie until everyone learns there's an even worse baddie and everyone was just getting in Godzilla's way. Even this trailer seems to imply that may be the case.

Does it? I really didn't get a hint that there was another threat... not saying that there isn't, but this trailer seems to be going out of its way to piant Godzilla as the bad guy. In the last two Godzilla movies, Godzilla was definitely established as an ally of humanity. On a side note, I always saw paralles between Godzilla and The Hulk growing up. Surprised there was never a crossover with them especially when Marvel had the rights to Godzilla for awhile.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Does it? I really didn't get a hint that there was another threat... not saying that there isn't, but this trailer seems to be going out of its way to piant Godzilla as the bad guy. In the last two Godzilla movies, Godzilla was definitely established as an ally of humanity. On a side note, I always saw paralles between Godzilla and The Hulk growing up. Surprised there was never a crossover with them especially when Marvel had the rights to Godzilla for awhile.

Watch the trailer again at 1:40. They're talking about something setting Godzilla off and nobody knowing just what. I don't think it's just Kong setting him off, because Godzilla was fine with him on Skull Island.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Well in the trailer they say something must be agitating him since he's hurting people. 

48 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Watch the trailer again at 1:40. They're talking about something setting Godzilla off and nobody knowing just what. I don't think it's just Kong setting him off, because Godzilla was fine with him on Skull Island.

47 minutes ago, Brick said:

Well in the trailer they say something must be agitating him since he's hurting people. 

Yeah I took that to be Kong... Godzilla was fine with Kong on Skull island because Skull Island existed within some kind of weather anomaly that separated it from the rest of the world. If people took Kong from Skull island for whatever reason, then that may be what's setting Godzilla off. The trailer also hints at some ancient rivalry between Kong and Godzilla and we saw depictions of that in one of the post credit scenes in one of the movies that showed one of Kong's species fighting one of Godzilla's. You guys could be right, there is more than likely another threat especially when you take into account

Spoiler

that at the end of the last Godzilla movie the bad guys got a hold of one of the severed Ghidorah heads... so maybe they were able to create some kind of monster from that.

More than likely there's a bigger threat out there.

11 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah I took that to be Kong... Godzilla was fine with Kong on Skull island because Skull Island existed within some kind of weather anomaly that separated it from the rest of the world. If people took Kong from Skull island for whatever reason, then that may be what's setting Godzilla off. The trailer also hints at some ancient rivalry between Kong and Godzilla and we saw depictions of that in one of the post credit scenes in one of the movies that showed one of Kong's species fighting one of Godzilla's. You guys could be right, there is more than likely another threat especially when you take into account

Hide contents

that at the end of the last Godzilla movie the bad guys got a hold of one of the severed Ghidorah heads... so maybe they were able to create some kind of monster from that.

More than likely there's a bigger threat out there.

I'm also holding out hope for a Mecha Godzilla movie...

Spoiler

There were some hints at Mecha Godzilla bring built on Skull Island at the end of King of Monsters. My hope is that they took part of Ghidorah to power Mecha Godzilla. Godzilla sells more toys than King Kong, so the pragmatic in me assumes they won't just kill off Godzilla in favor of Kong. I'm going to assume someone interrupts their fight and my pulled from my ass prediction is an out of control Mecha Godzilla.

• Like 1