Godzilla vs Kong Official Thread

Place Your Bets... Who you got  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Place Your Bets... Who you got

• Godzilla
    • Kong

8 hours ago, Brick said:

Which is weird that they would put that in the trailer if it is Mecha Godzilla which ruins the surprise. They have to know people comb through trailers looking at every detail to find stuff. 

Are we running under the assumption that Mecha Godzilla is wearing a Godzilla skin? I hope that isn't the case. Also, there's always a chance that this could be Mecha King Ghidorah and it just hasn't been unveiled yet.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Are we running under the assumption that Mecha Godzilla is wearing a Godzilla skin? I hope that isn't the case. Also, there's always a chance that this could be Mecha King Ghidorah and it just hasn't been unveiled yet.

If it is the case I'm sure it'll be revealed that Charles Dance's people are behind it to frame Godzilla for whatever reason, and then the skin will get burned off, revealing the metal, and the real Godzilla and King Kong will team up to take it down. Might not like that too much since it means the real Godzilla and Kong never actually fight. 

Perhaps Godzilla is being controlled somehow. 

50 minutes ago, Brick said:

If it is the case I'm sure it'll be revealed that Charles Dance's people are behind it to frame Godzilla for whatever reason, and then the skin will get burned off, revealing the metal, and the real Godzilla and King Kong will team up to take it down. Might not like that too much since it means the real Godzilla and Kong never actually fight. 

Perhaps Godzilla is being controlled somehow. 

I hope that isn't the case. We don't need humans that are ultimate evils in a kaiju flick. I'd vastly prefer humans just messing with things they shouldn't be and their creations getting out of their control.

I watched all three monster movies leading up to GVSK last night and came away with a few observations. One, all three are entertaining but the first Godzilla movie definitely didn't have enough monster action and also was VERY dark for the most part making a lot of the action hard to see.

Two one of the things that makes Kong Skull Island work so well is that most of its action takes place during the day which makes the VFX look even better in my opinion because that's harder to do.  Great action in that movie. Also it doesn't take itself too seriously which also makes it entertaining.

Three, we're definitely getting a second Godzilla (Godzilla jr) in GVSK... at the end of King of Monsters where they do the montage of news reports, they talk about a giant egg being found by Monarch.  I bet THAT is what sets Godzilla off on his rampage. Its an egg of one of his kind.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I watched all three monster movies leading up to GVSK last night and came away with a few observations. One, all three are entertaining but the first Godzilla movie definitely didn't have enough monster action and also was VERY dark for the most part making a lot of the action hard to see.

Two one of the things that makes Kong Skull Island work so well is that most of its action takes place during the day which makes the VFX look even better in my opinion because that's harder to do.  Great action in that movie. Also it doesn't take itself too seriously which also makes it entertaining.

Three, we're definitely getting a second Godzilla (Godzilla jr) in GVSK... at the end of King of Monsters where they do the montage of news reports, they talk about a giant egg being found by Monarch.  I bet THAT is what sets Godzilla off on his rampage. Its an egg of one of his kind.

The egg is Mothra's egg not Godzillas. 

mothra-egg.jpg

It even says the egg was found in Mothra's territory.

29 minutes ago, Remarkableriots said:

The egg is Mothra's egg not Godzillas. 

mothra-egg.jpg

It even says the egg was found in Mothra's territory.

Ah... could be them bringing back Mothra. Or it could be "something else". Given the apparent symbiotic relationship between Godzilla and Mothra in these movies, it woulnd't be out of the realm of possibility that it is a Godzilla egg.

Godzilla-v-Kong-copy-1-1.jpg
WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

It's been nearly a week since fans were gifted the epic Godzilla vs. Kong trailer and after asking our readers which titan they'd like to see in the latest installment of Legendary's MonsterVerse, the results are in and with nearly 3000 votes tallied, fans definitely have shown their preference between the two.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, those toys are DEFINITELY spoilers...

Spoiler
godzilla-vs-kong-tickets.png?fit=1562%2C
BLOODY-DISGUSTING.COM

This article contains spoilers. As other toys and even the official trailer had suggested, it looks like MechaGodzilla is indeed confirmed for Adam Wingard

9 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Thanks a lot funko:p

I often find it hilarious that toy makers like Funko and Lego will CONSTANTLY spoil movies that studios are trying to keep a tight lip over. Once something's headed for retail, they just lose all control of it.

Watched KotM thinking the bad reviews had to be overdone since all it really needed to do is show cool monsters and spectacle, which it had, but even going into it with low expectations it was difficult to care throughout most of it, though I still genuinely can't figure out why it sucks.  All I know is I hope GvsK is more Skull Island and Godzilla 2013 than whatever that one was trying to do.

4 hours ago, heydude93 said:

Watched KotM thinking the bad reviews had to be overdone since all it really needed to do is show cool monsters and spectacle, which it had, but even going into it with low expectations it was difficult to care throughout most of it, though I still genuinely can't figure out why it sucks.  All I know is I hope GvsK is more Skull Island and Godzilla 2013 than whatever that one was trying to do.

couldn't agree more. KotM was realllllly bad. 

5 hours ago, heydude93 said:

Yes! This. Like, KofM should have been a banger, trailers were awesome, I like the director but it just fell flat for me and the wife. I'm a fan of 2014 Godzilla and Skull Island too.

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

couldn't agree more. KotM was realllllly bad. 

Yeah, sadly. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

Yes! This. Like, KofM should have been a banger, trailers were awesome, I like the director but it just fell flat for me and the wife. I'm a fan of 2014 Godzilla and Skull Island too.

Yeah, sadly. 

definitely didn't help that the focus was so much on the humans in the film....and the humans were all exceptionally lame

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

definitely didn't help that the focus was so much on the humans in the film....and the humans were all exceptionally lame

The only time I want spent on humans in a Godzilla movie is when they're super tiny and singing.

• Haha 1

Here's a dumb question that popped into my head after watching KOTM last week. The last 1/4 of the movie really emphasized Godzilla and radiation. Like his underwater/ground temple is so deadly to humans. Then they powered him up more with a nuke. The final battle he goes full nuclear and even melts buildings around him. Are these places uninhabitable for years after Godzilla passes through? There's gotta be a ton of radiation fallout after he goes around spewing his nuclear breath everywhere. 

3 hours ago, DarkStar189 said:

Here's a dumb question that popped into my head after watching KOTM last week. The last 1/4 of the movie really emphasized Godzilla and radiation. Like his underwater/ground temple is so deadly to humans. Then they powered him up more with a nuke. The final battle he goes full nuclear and even melts buildings around him. Are these places uninhabitable for years after Godzilla passes through? There's gotta be a ton of radiation fallout after he goes around spewing his nuclear breath everywhere. 

They should be, but Godzilla has changed so much over the years I think the better answer is that it's best not to think too hard about it. Godzilla went from regular dinosaur that was accidentally hit, scarred, and given super powers by a US nuclear bomb to Godzilla has always been, sleeping at the bottom of the ocean, feeding on the Earth's natural radiation.

I think nowadays, Godzilla is absorbing radiation so she shouldn't be exuding it. Her atomic breath should totally leave a deadly amount of radiation behind, though.