Are Americans ready for another Civil War?

The danger is if Trump riles up some militias or even some loyalist faction in the military.

Sometimes once a few bodies hit the floor these things can feed themselves into a full conflagration of endless reprisals.

The rally in D.C. this week may give us a better gauge on how serious this threat is in the immediate sense. It will be reassuring if it turns into a Tulsa-like flop. Regardless, I fully expect the following 4+ years of the Biden/Harris presidency to see a big uptick in white nationalist terrorist attacks.

And that brings up a good question. What would a Second Civil War even look like? It won't be two lines of soldiers lining up on the battlefield, I think it is safe to say. Would it be a slow rolling increase in street violence by Trumpers moving into "Democratic cities"? If so, we could find ourselves in a boiling frog situation where we just take such violence as the new normal.

Personally I would fight to protect the country from MAGA extremists but I doubt there is enough people on the left that would. I've seriously been considering purchasing a gun lately and I'm very concerned about where this country is heading. I don't think American Civil War 2 will be fighting our neighbors at least just a band of extremist militias that come together.

7 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

And that brings up a good question. What would a Second Civil War even look like?

WWW.IHEART.COM

Don't miss an episode of It Could Happen Here. Play free podcast episodes on-demand with iHeartRadio.

8 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

The danger is if Trump riles up some militias or even some loyalist faction in the military.

Sometimes once a few bodies hit the floor these things can feed themselves into a full conflagration of endless reprisals.

The rally in D.C. this week may give us a better gauge on how serious this threat is in the immediate sense. It will be reassuring if it turns into a Tulsa-like flop. Regardless, I fully expect the following 4+ years of the Biden/Harris presidency to see a big uptick in white nationalist terrorist attacks.

And that brings up a good question. What would a Second Civil War even look like? It won't be two lines of soldiers lining up on the battlefield, I think it is safe to say. Would it be a slow rolling increase in street violence by Trumpers moving into "Democratic cities"? If so, we could find ourselves in a boiling frog situation where we just take such violence as the new normal.

It would look much like warfare in the middle east. Sporadic attacks, bombings, assassination, small groups spread out over large areas. Mostly attacks of convenience. Conventional warfare is mostly done with. 

how fast it would notch up or down, I have no idea. 

and while there may be some personal loyalty to the CiC, theres no group so loyal to the president that they would attack as a force. I never met a sane soldier who wanted to kill an American, and soldiers won’t follow an illegal order like that (and no general will give it).

If there was war in the US, the only way the US military is getting involved will be in the middle, stopping both sides. 

According to the podcast It Could Happen Here (by Robert Evans, who is fantastic), which bmbmbm linked above, it won't be like the old Civil War. It'll be more sectarian. Some parts of the country will be fine, some will be in upheaval. Some actions during it might impact nationwide supply chains and really fuck shit up, other impacts might be local or regional in scope. 

The vast majority of people won't be fighting. It'll be the extremists that do the fighting. It'll be private security that does the fighting. It'll be the same old security state locking everything down where needed after they can't ignore or allow the boogaloo shit anymore. 

I don't know that there's any way to prepare for it for Regular Folks other than to identify who would be most at risk during something like that in your immediate area and prepare to serve their needs during the upheaval. 

6 hours ago, DPCyric said:

Personally I would fight to protect the country from MAGA extremists but I doubt there is enough people on the left that would. I've seriously been considering purchasing a gun lately and I'm very concerned about where this country is heading. I don't think American Civil War 2 will be fighting our neighbors at least just a band of extremist militias that come together.

If you’re going to get a gun, get some training and learn to use it effectively. You aren’t likely to help anyone, including yourself, with a pistol and a box of bullets. Too many people buy guns without learning to properly use them.

now, if you want a home defence weapon, I’d suggest either a shorty pump action 12 guage, or a bullpup rifle. Both are short, easy to handle, and fun to practice with. 

my personal hone defence rifle is an AR-15 in .300 blackout, but I don’t recommend it as a first weapon. Its also a barrel burner.

There is certainly a select contingent that lives for this alternative reality in which they can put away all of their complicated "regular" lives in favor of a much more narrow, simpler life of regular violence. There is a much larger group that believes they are like this small group as well, but would quickly crack under the trauma of the actual realties of combat.  

Just now, Mr.Vic20 said:

There is certainly a select contingent that lives for this alternative reality in which they can put away all of their complicated "regular" lives in favor of a much more narrow, simpler life of regular violence. There is a much larger group that believes they are like this small group as well, but would quickly crack under the trauma of the actual realties of combat.  

Yup, for most its just a fantasy and they would shit themselves. 

The problem is we have a huge number of ex soldiers suffering from ptsd and other disorders, who only ever felt whole or useful in a battlefield, who aren’t getting the help they need, and who aren’t scared of combat. Many of them also aren’t afraid to die. Those are the ones I would worry for.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

If you’re going to get a gun, get some training and learn to use it effectively. You aren’t likely to help anyone, including yourself, with a pistol and a box of bullets. Too many people buy guns without learning to properly use them.

now, if you want a home defence weapon, I’d suggest either a shorty pump action 12 guage, or a bullpup rifle. Both are short, easy to handle, and fun to practice with. 

my personal hone defence rifle is an AR-15 in .300 blackout, but I don’t recommend it as a first weapon. Its also a barrel burner.

I did trick shooting growing up just never felt the need to own a gun as an adult. Personally I want an AR-10 or maybe a Ruger 10/22.

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said: