Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

Just now, SFLUFAN said:

The support may have turned out to be a mile wide and an inch deep, but for a few weeks it was genuinely scary how effective the strategy appeared to be.

As much as I disagree with some of them, Bloomberg was the only candidate I considered not supporting if he won because his strategy to buy the presidency is one I consider to be probably just as damaging to the country as Trump himself. If Bloomberg had won, it would probably just be billionaire oligarches trading the presidency back and forth from now on.

5 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/03/19/bernie-sanders-swear-angry-response-coronavirus-mh-orig.cnn

Imagine if Warren or one of the other female candidates answered a question like this... all kinds of questions about  temperament would be brought up.

Contrast this with Biden threatening to smack a regular union worker

2 hours ago, Jason said:

that's not bernie's fault doe

I never said it was.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Contrast this with Biden threatening to smack a regular union worker

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Or punch Donald Trump.

And people have brought up Biden's temperament before. it's baked in. Bernie has gotten a pass on a LOT of this stuff (including having a goddamned heart attack) because his Dem opponents just haven't gone after him the same way the Republicans would or the way his supporters go after the Dems.

Just now, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

What exactly is wrong with his temperment in the context of an inadequate response to the current situation?

As I SAID... If a Female candidate  had this exact same response, Questions about HER temperament would be raised. I'm pointing out the double standard that Bernie may not have created, but that he directly benefits from. Personally, I think his response is understandable given the enormous pressure he must be under. But he will get a pass.

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

As I SAID... If a Female candidate  had this exact same response, Questions about HER temperament would be raised. I'm pointing out the double standard that Bernie may not have created, but that he directly benefits from. Personally, I think his response is understandable given the enormous pressure he must be under. But he will get a pass.

Oh a female candidate would not be getting the benefit that Joe or Bernie has been getting. There's no doubt about that. 

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Ah, i forgot about that...

Yeah, he pretty much confirmed it was a heart attack when NOT ONE MEMBER OF THE MEDIA SAID IT WAS A HEART ATTACK but he went on multiple rants at his rallies about the media saying he had a heart attack.

40 minutes ago, Jason said:

When he was rushed to the hospital for an unplanned visit and the line was that it was "physical part 1", and of course physical part 2 never happened.

Wittle baby pwobabwy stubbed his toesies and cwied and cwied until they took him to the hospital for his boo boo.  :p

11 minutes ago, SFLUFAN said:

This summarizes how infuriated I've been with Biden in the last few days:

Fortunately, he is supposedly going to start giving "shadow briefings" to provide an alternative to the nonsense coming out of the White House.

Those "shadow briefings" should have started days ago.

Could have been an optics thing. The concern could have been that even though his advice and information would be correct, unlike from the WH, it would be spun and viewed as him politicizing the panic and trying to divide the nation by undermining the President’s attempts to manage this crisis. 

maybe now they have data to show people want it, or wouldn’t see it negatively. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Yeah, he pretty much confirmed it was a heart attack when NOT ONE MEMBER OF THE MEDIA SAID IT WAS A HEART ATTACK but he went on multiple rants at his rallies about the media saying he had a heart attack.

Trump literally only bothers to deny things that are true.

My God Bernie can be an idiot. I like him and all, and think he'd be better than Biden as President because he's more progressive (and obviously better than Trump), but he's such a stubborn curmudgeon. https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/23/1930034/-Sanders-campaign-was-SHOCKED-when-field-narrowed-because-they-really-thought-30-would-win-it

spacer.png

He needs to stop with this whole alienation of the rest of the Democratic party. I get he's actually an independent, and not a Democrat, but HE'S RUNNING AS ONE! 

5 hours ago, Brick said:

My God Bernie can be an idiot. I like him and all, and think he'd be better than Biden as President because he's more progressive (and obviously better than Trump), but he's such a stubborn curmudgeon. https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/23/1930034/-Sanders-campaign-was-SHOCKED-when-field-narrowed-because-they-really-thought-30-would-win-it

spacer.png

He needs to stop with this whole alienation of the rest of the Democratic party. I get he's actually an independent, and not a Democrat, but HE'S RUNNING AS ONE! 

As a sidenote, AOC feeling ‘alienated’ by the Rogan endorsement does not bode well for her ability to get outside the narrow confines of the DSA hard-liners and reach a broader audience by which one builds a political coalition.

If that’s the direction she’s going to lead the DSA in, I doubt it’s ever going to be a widely supported movement.  People forget that the most successful progressive movement—I.e., FDR’s New Deal coalition—stayed flexible enough to allow for the integration of diverse demographic groups that often disagreed on cultural issues, from urban African Americans to racist rural Southerners to oftentimes culturally conservative blue collar union workers.  AOC should be *embracing* the Rogan endorsement, IMO, just like Bernie did.  She could welcome the support and still make clear she doesn’t agree with Rogan on everything.  That’s the essence of building broad-based political movements, after all.

24 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

As a sidenote, AOC feeling ‘alienated’ by the Rogan endorsement does not bode well for her ability to get outside the narrow confines of the DSA hard-liners and reach a broader audience by which one builds a political coalition.

If that’s the direction she’s going to lead the DSA in, I doubt it’s ever going to be a widely supported movement.  People forget that the most successful progressive movement—I.e., FDR’s New Deal coalition—stayed flexible enough to allow for the integration of diverse demographic groups that often disagreed on cultural issues, from urban African Americans to racist rural Southerners to oftentimes culturally conservative blue collar union workers.  AOC should be *embracing* the Rogan endorsement, IMO, just like Bernie did.  She could welcome the support and still make clear she doesn’t agree with Rogan on everything.  That’s the essence of building broad-based political movements, after all.

The idpol garbage (someone being chosen for the sake of their racial/sexual/gender characteristics, not because of their politics or material support e.g. must have 50% women on corporate boards, but workers get none) needs to be jettisoned from the party, it is keeping the party from growing and leaving popular left sounding language (if not policy in some fashion) to be exploited by the right wing.

And it's not that racism or sexism should be ignored--in fact it should be called out as a tool used to divide us from taking on the ownership class. Hell you saw this in the primary where charges of sexism was used to cleave the left into two. 

In order for left policies to actually be adopted, we're going to have to make temporary allies with people who don't have much in common but the need for actually affordable healthcare no matter your employment situation, a good/well-paying job that provides dignity, and a future for their kids. We won't get there by scolding a white machinist in Sheboygan for not being woke enough on trans rights, or telling a poor coal miner in WV about their privilege while being laid off for the third time with the beginning stages of black lung.

7 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The idpol garbage (someone being chosen for the sake of their racial/sexual/gender characteristics, not because of their politics or material support e.g. must have 50% women on corporate boards, but workers get none) needs to be jettisoned from the party, it is keeping the party from growing and leaving popular left sounding language (if not policy in some fashion) to be exploited by the right wing.

And it's not that racism or sexism should be ignored--in fact it should be called out as a tool used to divide us from taking on the ownership class. Hell you saw this in the primary where charges of sexism was used to cleave the left into two. 

In order for left policies to actually be adopted, we're going to have to make temporary allies with people who don't have much in common but the need for actually affordable healthcare no matter your employment situation, a good/well-paying job that provides dignity, and a future for their kids. We won't get there by scolding a white machinist in Sheboygan for not being woke enough on trans rights, or telling a poor coal miner in WV about their privilege while being laid off for the third time with the beginning stages of black lung.

Are you saying that Dems and progressives should be pragmatic with their vote?

24 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Are you saying that Dems and progressives should be pragmatic with their vote?

I'm some respects, yes. That's called voting for Biden in the general.

A primary election is not the time for that though.

Always be weary of moderates though. They are unprincipled from the start.

8 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This poor guy is not electable, despite what the DNC has told some people on this very forum. And in the process people ignored this king: 

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Does Bernie have flaws? Of course, everybody does. But one candidate is incoherent and one actually fights for what everybody should believe in. But somehow eLeCtAbIlItY got in the way of people’s common sense. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, johnny said:

Does Bernie have flaws? Of course, everybody does. But one candidate is incoherent and one actually fights for what everybody should believe in. But somehow eLeCtAbIlItY got in the way of people’s common sense. 

He had a heart attack so he should be excluded from elections