Joe Biden beats Donald Trump, officially making Trump a one-term twice impeached, twice popular-vote losing president

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

She's a rare find to be sure. This is the problem with the party casting out truly progressive voices over the past generation: the bench is empty.

Which upsets me every time I think about it. It'd have been nice if Gillum and Abrams won their governors' races. They're not Sanders or Warren levels of progressive, imo, but they are more progressive and exciting than most Democrats. At least they showed that, even through a loss, they could do better than every regular boring centrist Democrats have thrown at those races for years.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It's not so much that she would be the pick, but that she is the only concession to roughly at least third or more of the party.

Someone like Nina Turner would be fantastic, imo. Younger, unapologetically progressive/left, and a woman of color. But I may be in the minority on this one.

She's absolutely amazing.

If put money on Biden not picking Nina Turner. I doubt there is a progressive that would get me excited to vote for Biden. I hope he chooses somebody who is at least where Gillum is. But I’m really expecting a minority moderate pick. 

New standards eliminate Tulsi Gabbard from next Democratic debate

The DNC announced a rule change this week that only allows candidates with 20 percent of the delegates awarded so far to participate in the next debate in Phoenix on March 15. Gabbard is still clinging to a presidential bid, despite racking up just two of the 1,385 delegates given out in the primaries so far.

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

If it were a NASCAR race Biden and Sanders would be jockeying for position and Gabbard would be in the pit stop with a blown engine.

Hey now, there are a few people in American Samoa who need to have their candidate heard.

Honestly I wish the DNC would just be straight and say the debates are for contenders only.  If someone got more votes than you after they dropped out of the race and you’re still in it then you don’t matter.

23 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

Hey now, there are a few people in American Samoa who need to have their candidate heard.

Honestly I wish the DNC would just be straight and say the debates are for contenders only.  If someone got more votes than you after they dropped out of the race and you’re still in it then you don’t matter.

And billionaires that bought there way here.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

This is true. Sanders needs some miraculous change of fortune or he will end March way behind Biden with no chance to catch up.

It is true. Unless Bernie gets another Michigan polling error the size of the 20 point one from the 2016 primaries, Biden is cruising in Michigan.