Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on charges of defrauding donors in fundraising “We Build the Wall" scheme

For the GOP it's basically 7am Monday after staying up all night after an extended weekend coke and hooker bender where they drained their savings account... and now they need to stumble home to their family and they are jus putting it off as long as they can...

You know, the insanity of the "deep state"/QAnon, let's just take all that crazy at face value. OK, so now its all real. Now look at the last 3 1/2 years. It would seem the "deep state" actually knows how to runs things, where as the heroes of the resistance are an absolute clown car full of incompetence. A cascading series of failures akin to watching the best disaster movie. So I think, still assuming the evil deep state is totally now real, sign me up for the deep state benefits already! I'm in, fuck it! :daydream:

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Anyone else thinking of what kind of witty name Steve Bannon might of given his boat he was arrested on? Let’s have some fun with some names. I’ll start with my ”I Yacht Your Money”

Where's Wall Dough

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

As we have went through Trump's term went through stages of things where Trump would attack someone like a Vindman. And smart people would rightfully try to impress upon us that this was not just an injustice for an honorable man doing the right thing, but a warning to others who might speak up. Now we live in that world every day with little thought to it because the number of people who worry about retaliation and don't come forward is a hard number to quantify.

Why do I bring that up? Because after Flynn, Stone, and others we are seeing what the reality is in a world where Trump stooges not only hope for a pardon if they just happen to be caught, they expect one. I suspect Bannon created this grift with the baked in expectation that Trump pardons his buddy. A pardon is not the contingency plan, it is the plan.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

It probably doesn't matter, because lol nothing matters, but conservative media is pretty out of step with the White House on this, going hog wild with DEEP STATE POST OFFICE CONSPIRACY while the official White House response is basically, "Steve who?"

They might try to cut him loose, but my understanding is that Bannon being fired was kind of water under the bridge for him and Trump at this point. That's the whole reason he did, and was able to do, this grift with a certain amount of Trump's blessing in the first place.

My guess is that Bannon says something nice about Trump and/or others get connected to this that Trump has to get behind which means siding with Bannon by default. Or, more info comes out that Trump and Barr were meddling with SDNY to spike these charges and Trump needs to back Bannon to justify that interference. Or Trump's predilection for always backing the criminal just naturally makes him talk about how this adds to the proof that they're all out to get him.

I just don't see him cutting Bannon loose long term. His instinct is to side with the criminal(if they are his buddy).