Twitter says it's looking at subscription options as ad revenue drops sharply

Lots of bold strategies coming out of places these days. I’m guessing this is a failure and will simply lead to a twitter replacement gaining a lot of traction.

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Lots of bold strategies coming out of places these days. I’m guessing this is a failure and will simply lead to a twitter replacement gaining a lot of traction.

Sadly, every other platform seems to be much worse than Twitter.

That said, down with Twitter/social media, up with classic message boards

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Make it like the worst pay to win gaming stuff.

Make it so you have to pay 10 cents per month for every character over 20 you want on your limit.

That way we can dumb America down even more. Having the national discourse confined within 144 letters is just way too nuanced and complicated. We can go dumber.

3 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Make it like the worst pay to win gaming stuff.

Make it so you have to pay 10 cents per month for every character over 20 you want on your limit.

That way we can dumb America down even more. Having the national discourse confined within 144 letters is just way too nuanced and complicated. We can go dumber.

Its actually 288, isn’t it? I don’t use it, but I seem to remember they doubled it some time ago

11 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Its actually 288, isn’t it? I don’t use it, but I seem to remember they doubled it some time ago

The biggest critics of Twitter are always people that never actually use it.

Twitter is a horrible social network, but it's a pretty decent broadcast platform. I don't tweet and I don't really use it to have any kind of conversations, but I think there's value in how people use it to broadcast. Both for my hobbies (tech, movies, games, F1) and for real news, it's a great for getting things from the source. 

I also like that Twitter is, compared to Google or Facebook, a pretty small company. It's not like they own a huge swath of the web or have a near monopoly on anything, so it sidesteps some of the anti-trust issues.

I'm not sure how a subscription based Twitter would look, but I'd certainly consider it. It seems plausible to me that a subscription based Twitter, even for a very minimal fee, would actually be far better than it is now. It could really reduce the amount of noise on the platform, but it would really depend on implementation.