12 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Dreamcast collection for $6.88Cnd

Sonic Adventure 1&2

Crazy Taxi (worth it alone)

Jet Set Radio

Space Channel 5: Part 2

Sega Bass Fishing

NiGHTS into Dreams

this will be my first Steam sale since I finally joined the forces and bought myself a Gaming PC. I like what I see so far

I'll try to go through my library at some point to see if there's anything I'd recommend for you then.

A few other strong historical low deals (in US$):

Flower is $1.74
Halo MC Collection is $32.  Not a huge discount on its own, but with the $5 off coupon for spending $30, you can get it for $27.  That's cheaper than it's ever been on the MS store too.

Found more of the super cheap highlights.  I'm leaving out games given away for free on Epic.

New historical lows
Sonic Generations + DLC $1

Skulls of the Shogun $1.49

Undertale $3.39

Mirrors Edge $1.99

Walking Dead Season 2 $3.74

Full Metal Furies $4.99

Historical low matched

Ori and the Blind Forest DE $4.99

Don't Starve $2.49

Crypt of the Necrodancer $2.99

Cosmic Star Heroine $1.49

The Swapper $2.24

Her Story $0.99

Half Minute Hero Bundle $2.49

2 hours ago, silentbob said:

this will be my first Steam sale since I finally joined the forces and bought myself a Gaming PC. I like what I see so far

Oh, and just FYI, Steam sales aren't nearly as good as they were 5+ years ago.  Good historical lows are rare there, and you're often better waiting for a bundle on Fanatical/Humble or a giveaway on Epic.

The positive to Steam sales is that you can use credit acquired from trading cards for a discount.  There's also CoinStar locations that can convert your spare change into Steam credit.

There's also $5 off a $30 order. Not huge but worth poking around to see if there's anything else you want before checking out.

59 minutes ago, crispy4000 said:

The positive to Steam sales is that you can use credit acquired from trading cards for a discount.

:confused:

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

:confused:

Sell the items that drop when you play games for a few cents apiece.  Or farm for cards when you do other things on your comp.  You can also try to game Valve’s marketplace.

I usually have $15-25 saved in my Steam wallet before each biannual sale.

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

My first card drop was a foil card. Get jelly!

I managed to lock myself out of my Steam account right when cards first came out. Had to reset my password. This locked me out of selling cards from that golden window when they were going for $1+ a pop, to <50¢ a pop. :(

Bought:

Rabi-ribi - Game is overwhelmingly positive, but the artwork/screenshots was always a little too weird for me. $8 whatever, I'm a sucker for metroidvanias

We Happy Few - Always been on my radar, was disappointed when it got mixed/negative reviews. $12 is cheap enough that I don't care if its not that good.

PayDay 2 - Co-worker said him and his buddies still play it weekly. Whatever its $13 for almost everything, if I don't play it he said he would venmo me $13.

Minoria - Follow up game to Momodora series, seems a little mixed, but still positive.

Doom 64 - Need to buy Doom Eternal after the DLC comes out so I can buy the definitive version or whatever for cheap. My fault for not reading GMG, but still sucks it was bethesda launcher.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, TheLeon said:

Cool. Can’t wait to scroll through the store and see all the games I forgot that I already own. 

Oh my god I was just doing exactly this. I have a pretty massive backlog of Steam games and I know I'll never ever even start most of them, let alone beat them. I'm just not learning other than my day one full price buying has been greatly slowed. I've only bought Doom Eternal and I'm just about to buy the Last of Us II most likely Saturday. So that makes these large sales more dangerous as I feel I'm doing better cash wise, how about lets buy 200 20 dollar games to better compensate for my lack of newer games. . . .. So stupid! Well back to browsing the sale on Steam!

1 hour ago, Jason said:

For Surviving Mars, there's the Deluxe Edition with the Deluxe Upgrade Pack, and the First Colony Edition with all of the DLC. Is all of the extra DLC actually worth it, or just stick with the Deluxe Edition?

Green Planet is very much worthwhile, the rest of the DLC less so.

I picked up the Assassin's Creed bundle. Despite really liking those games, I missed a bunch of them after 3 came out. I've been playing through Black Flag and with everything turned up in 4K it doesn't look half bad for a 7 year old game.

My pickups this year:

Halo Master Chief Collection (Reach, 1, 2, 3, ODST, 4) $31.99

Halo Spartan Strike/Assault Pack $1.99

Yakuza 0 $5

Doom 64 $1.49

Flower $1.74

Islanders $1.99

Was thinking of adding Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I feel like that'll be a candidate for a bundle or giveaway soon.

Spent more than I usually do due to Halo, but kept it all under $30 with the credit I had saved and the $5 voucher.