Steam Summer Sale 2020 (Over)

crispy4000

I cleared a couple of games out of my wish list at modest discounts: Black Mesa, Druidstone, and Return of the Obra Din. Threw in Doom 64 as well. I would have bought that for $5, but must have just completely missed when it dropped on Steam. 

Then last night I was drunkenly scrolling through JRPGs, and now I have FFXIII:doh:

• Haha 1

Ok this PC gaming is going to be very taxing on the wallet, but I’m happy about it too. Kind of went a little VR heavy for most of my 2nd round of purchases

Doom(‘16)

RE7: GE

VR GAMES:

Arizona Sunset 

Sairento

Superhot

Swords of Gargantuan

Bonework

Zero Caliber 

A-Tech Cybernetic

7 hours ago, Jason said:

So Deluxe Upgrade Pack is also not worth it? Just by the base game and Green Planet?

For things like these it is helpful to read what the Deluxe upgrade pack is.

If you want

• The Metropolis Building Set
  • Additional Radio Station, "Quantum Sonics"
  • Onyx Housing Skin
  • 50 page Art Book
  • Deluxe Avatar and icon for Paradox Forums
  • Wallpapers

and feel like it's worth 3 dollars more to get it then you have to decide if it is worth it.

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

For things like these it is helpful to read what the Deluxe upgrade pack is.

Considering I've never played this game, I have no idea of something like "The Metropolis Building Set" is functional or purely cosmetic. That was the real question I guess, does any of the DLC actually add anything in terms of gameplay, or is it all just cosmetic bullshit.

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

Considering I've never played this game, I have no idea of something like "The Metropolis Building Set" is functional or purely cosmetic.

The “Metropolis” Building Set:

Add some chrome to your dome with a shiny new visual upgrade to your infrastructure, providing you with chromatic skins for Oxygen Tanks, Water Towers, Fuel Refineries, and more.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

That was the real question I guess, does any of the DLC actually add anything in terms of gameplay, or is it all just cosmetic bullshit.

Well look at the DLC for the game and there is a description of what it does

Here is the Project Laika DLC

Animals have arrived at the domes and are here to make colony life better for everyone. Surviving Mars: Project Laika adds a variety of pets and livestock that you can use to benefit your colony and improve life on the Red Planet.

Animal Farm

Breed up to eight different farm animals in the Martian pastures including cows, chickens, pigs, and more. Farm animals can be raised for food in the new in-Dome Ranches or Outdoor Ranches, depending on their size, and consume more water than crops.

Martian’s Best Friend

Project Laika features 25 different pets, ranging from your usual suspects like cats, dogs, and rabbits to some unexpected critters like llamas, penguins, platypuses. Once you terraform the planet enough, pets will go outside to explore nearby bushes and trees.

Love having ranches and not forcing all my colonists to be vegetarian anymore but the pets portion of this dlc is a little lacking. The pets add zero gameplaywise and are purely asthetic.