Epic Gives away GTAV, launcher breaks

crispy4000

I successfully downloaded and installed the game.  

I went to play it - 

1 please sign into Rockstar Social Club ... hmm I don't think I have an account, I'll create one

2 Please pass this agonizingly slow CAPTCHA - you already have an account with that address.

3 Alright reset password - Please pass this agonizingly slow CAPTCHA with fire hydrants

4 Now do it again with bikes

5 Try it again with street lights

6 Okay we sent you an email to reset your password.

7 No e-mail comes.

8 I decide to try the Social Club website directly.  No CAPTCHA there.

9 Please reset my password for this account...

10 Unknown Error.

I kinda give up.

3 hours ago, number305 said:

I went to play it - 

1 please sign into Rockstar Social Club ... hmm I don't think I have an account, I'll create one

2 Please pass this agonizingly slow CAPTCHA - you already have an account with that address.

3 Alright reset password - Please pass this agonizingly slow CAPTCHA with fire hydrants

7 No e-mail comes.

10 Unknown Error.

I kinda give up.

The servers are getting so hammered you’ll probably get the email tomorrow :p 

1 hour ago, Moa said:

They also have a decent sale going on with a $10 voucher. Once I got my store out of the eastern bloc I was able to get Control for $20.

That's exactly what I did. Grabbed the free GTAV, got the voucher, bought Control.

56 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Valve is hitting back hard! They’re giving away the Lego Ninjago Movie game away in response!

:p 

I'm totally fine being stuck in the middle of this fight. The e-hoarder in me has collected almost 80 free games from Epic, some of which I might install some day.

So just like last time Epic didnt properly communicate to publishers on how the coupon works and now prices are being raised . The Witcher 3 GOTY was $14.99 and is now $29.99 . This seems like such basic bullshit but the Epic store still manages to screw it up.

3 hours ago, SimpleG said:

So just like last time Epic didnt properly communicate to publishers on how the coupon works and now prices are being raised . The Witcher 3 GOTY was $14.99 and is now $29.99 . This seems like such basic bullshit but the Epic store still manages to screw it up.

It still shows $14.99 for me.

On 5/15/2020 at 1:11 PM, number305 said:

I went to play it - 

7 No e-mail comes.

10 Unknown Error.

I kinda give up.

I tried to play GTA V today ( which I already own) via steam and had a similar experience.  The issue seems to be with Rockstar Social club.  I couldn't even get single player to work. I gave up too.

3 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Didn't you have to convert your account from the Rockstar Social club to the launcher at some point? Or maybe I'm just making stuff up. :p

I eventually got it working. Got the email from the social club about 12 hours later. 

The coupon definitely changes things a bit, I've wanted one of the expansions for surviving mars but because it was 13.50 it wasn't eligible for the coupon, but hte season pass at 33% off was 23.50 so it was and now i have all the add-ons for it for like the same price, lol.