Mafia: Definitive Edition (25 September 2020) - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

SimpleG

1 hour ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Well they've already made the change to your steam library

Mafia III definitive edition is there

Mafia II (Classic) is there no steam page for the definitive edition yet.

try restarting steam once or twice.

i visited the M2 DE store page and it showed it was in my library but did not show.  restarted and it was in my library 

7 hours ago, Firewithin said:

try restarting steam once or twice.

i visited the M2 DE store page and it showed it was in my library but did not show.  restarted and it was in my library 

Well I mean I went to the classic store page that has a link to the DE store page but the link didn't go anywhere. I'm sure by the time you saw my post they put the page up, it's up right now. :p

36 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I don't even remember buying Mafia 2, but GoG Galaxy just informed me that Mafia 2 DE had been added to my library.

The wonders of impulsive game purchases. I think I got Mafia 2 and 3 from humble bundles.

Wow. So.... Mafia 2 DE is slightly higher res textures for 4-5x what the non DE was going for a week ago, huh? The video posted above must be a console version vs the definitive edition. 

This is OG on PC vs DE on PC. The difference is... yea. I thought I owned Mafia II on Steam but I guess I own a physical release as I still did that sometimes back in 2010, and I'm definitely not seeing this to be worth $40. :p 

46 minutes ago, ManUtdRedDevils said:

It really seems this game was pushed out the door prematurely to capitalize on the pandemic boom the video game industry is experiencing at the moment. 

I’m just confused how they can “remaster” a current gen title :p 

48 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Yeah but that's what they are calling 2 and 3. Only the first one is a remake.

The second one was actually kinda "remastered", though (all the textures and assets were updated). Words have meanings, that's my point - how is a current gen game being "remastered" to noticeably update visual fidelity? It's a definitive or complete edition, sure. :p