NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

Nokt

In the year of the 10th anniversary of NieR, we are announcing that the cult classic third-person action-RPG NieR Replicant, is to be rebuilt for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (STEAM) as NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139...

Its being co-developed by Toylogic who have helped with DQ11 on the 3DS, Super Smash Bros Brawl, The Evil Within, and Kid Icarus Uprising, among some other titles. 

Considering this didn't get an English teaser trailer as well I doubt it will see a western release, but using google translate it says its a mobile game.

I played the original Nier (Nier Gestalt), the only version that was released in the West at the time, where it was a father instead of an older brother. I think that's a much more interesting relationship, so they should bring that back too and remaster that. But I get no one outside of Japan played this version, so more people may be interested in Nier Replicant instead.

NieR Tomato is one of my fav games this gen so I’ll def check this out having never played the original. Wish Platinum was doing combat again but they seem rather busy. Really wish this was in switch too though, I’m guessing it’s a ground up remake otherwise I don’t see why it wouldn’t be.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

NieR Tomato is one of my fav games this gen so I’ll def check this out having never played the original. Wish Platinum was doing combat again but they seem rather busy. Really wish this was in switch too though, I’m guessing it’s a ground up remake otherwise I don’t see why it wouldn’t be.

It's a remaster, not a remake. It's a great game! It's almost as good as Nier: Automata, and it was one of my favorite games of that generation. Please note for those confused by the very esoteric story that Nier Gestalt/Nier Replicant is a direct sequel to the fifth ending that you can get in the game Drakengard 1, for those who are unaware. Weird, yes, but it's done well and hey, that's Nier for ya.

30 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's a remaster, not a remake. It's a great game! It's almost as good as Nier: Automata, and it was one of my favorite games of that generation. Please note for those confused by the very esoteric story that Nier Gestalt/Nier Replicant is a direct sequel to the fifth ending that you can get in the game Drakengard 1, for those who are unaware. Weird, yes, but it's done well and hey, that's Nier for ya.

Well they said it’s not a remaster or a remake, it’s a “version up” whatever that means. I think of remaster in how some of those are just the original game in higher res/frame rate.

This has added content at the very least and I imagine it’s been reworked graphically enough to the extent they aren’t able to easily put it on switch because otherwise with the Japanese audience being what it is, it would be weird to skip it.

1 hour ago, stepee said:

Well they said it’s not a remaster or a remake, it’s a “version up” whatever that means. I think of remaster in how some of those are just the original game in higher res/frame rate.

This has added content at the very least and I imagine it’s been reworked graphically enough to the extent they aren’t able to easily put it on switch because otherwise with the Japanese audience being what it is, it would be weird to skip it.

Hmmm, I would like more clarity then - I assumed it was just an upres, etc. 

6 hours ago, Firewithin said:

also announced that tomato is coming to gamepass as well.  glad this game never goes on sale for a good price so now i ll have it on gamepass

It’s currently $17 on GMG for PC. 

30 minutes ago, stepee said:

This is a game that is literally called ver.1.22474487139... (the ... is actually part of the title), i’m not surprised there isn’t much clarity yet. :P

It says in the YouTube description of the video that it’s being “rebuilt”. Still not much clearer. I lean towards remaster, but who knows.

1 hour ago, Rodimus said:

So there are two Nier games the automata one and the one on last gen. Is that right? This is a re-release of the last gen one the first one.

There were two versions of the last gen game, but only one got localized. This is the one we didn’t get, but from what I understand they are essentially the same. 

48 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

There were two versions of the last gen game, but only one got localized. This is the one we didn’t get, but from what I understand they are essentially the same. 

Yep, this is correct.

They are exactly the same except in the localized version we originally got, the main character is a father protecting his daughter. In the version we didn't get (which we are now finally getting), the main character is an older brother protecting his younger sister. I would think that would change things a good bit, but from my understanding the difference in contexts between the two didn't create too many differences. 

This remaster might change that, who knows.The original game is nearly as good as Nier: Automata, so I'm glad a rermaster is coming out to give everyone who missed it the first time a chance to try it.

• 1 year later...

I wonder how much, if at all, they've improved the gameplay. I think fans of Nier Automata might be in for an incredibly unpleasant surprise if it's mostly identical to the original release. Automata had Platinum games helping out, and it still wasn't an incredible game in terms of gameplay. But original Nier? Gonna be rough.

• Sad 1

Hey I just don't want people going in with the wrong expectations. There's a reason Yoko Taro has made so many games but only Automata really took off. All the games are just as interesting, mind you (and some might say even moreso than Automata)... just not nearly as fun to actually play. I'm hoping they did some work to revamp the gameplay a bit. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it was rough.

2 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Hey I just don't want people going in with the wrong expectations. There's a reason Yoko Taro has made so many games but only Automata really took off. All the games are just as interesting, mind you (and some might say even moreso than Automata)... just not nearly as fun to actually play. I'm hoping they did some work to revamp the gameplay a bit. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it was rough.

I'd say this is accurate. Nier is great, not as good as Automata but good. It's a very interesting game but the main gameplay is just in the middle. A huge plus is the game has a number of different genres of gameplay so it's not always the main battle system and a lot of the game is exploration which helps.

Game Information

Game Title: NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139

Platforms:

• PC (Apr 23, 2021)
  • Xbox One (Apr 23, 2021)
  • PlayStation 4 (Apr 23, 2021)

Developer: Toylogic Inc.

Publisher: Square Enix

Review Aggregator

OpenCritic - 82 average - 84% recommended

Critic Reviews

Digitally Downloaded - 5 / 5 stars

Regardless of the protagonist, NieR is a remarkable piece of art, and this remaster touches up the issues people had with the original without compromising what made it such an impactful work. It’s going to be interesting to see if people give it the look that it deserves this time around, because this really is the greatest game of all time, and has always deserved more than “cult” status.

Noisy Pixel - 10 / 10

Nier: Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a beautiful experience and exactly how you should play this amazing game. Upon finishing, it’s easy to say that it is unequivocally one of the best games I have ever played. This story emotionally moves players with the help of its character-writing, intense action, and somber tone, making it easy to immerse yourself in their world.

TheGamer - 5 / 5 stars

When I wrapped up my experience with Nier Replicant, I realized it was the most satisfied I’d ever felt after working so hard for a particular ending. Yoko Taro asking me to relive the same experiences again and again wasn’t a repetitive journey, but a more meaningful reflection on a cycle of hate, pain, and trauma. Nier Replicant is Yoko Taro’s best work, brought up to modern standards, and finally delivered in the presentation its tale always deserved.

GameGrin - 9.5 / 10

An improvement in every sense, NieR Replicant is an absolute blast. You'll love the characters, the world and every little detail you can think of. Prepare yourself for another one of Yoko Taro's wonderful, yet emotional, rollercoaster rides.

33bits - Spanish - 90 / 100

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is a wonderful opportunity to meet and enjoy a game that deserves to break out of its niche status, as its formidable sequel has done. I take my hat off to the restoration work, as well as I praise that the original experience is so direct, with the edges that may be there at certain points such as the scarcity of scenarios and areas of action. But by being so respectful in his excellent job of updating, many more players enjoy in a more fluid and improved way something that goes beyond the action-RPG or Japanese cult title.

Atomix - Spanish - 90 / 100

NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… is the perfect opportunity to experiment NieR Automata's prequel. An epic game with a lot of improvements.

CGMagazine - 9 / 10

If nothing else, NieR: Replicant Ver. 1.22474487139 is a unique game even when held in contrast with its 2017 follow-up and a must-play for both fans of the original and those looking for something a little darker than a Final Fantasy or any number of anime-inspired JRPG titles.

GRYOnline.pl - Polish - 9 / 10

One of the greatest stories of video games and an outstanding work of musical art have finally received the form they have deserved for eleven years.

Game Revolution - 9 / 10

Nier Replicant ver. 1.22 is an excellent spin on the traditional hero’s journey and will give Nier Automata fans a new appreciation for that title. It’s a lovingly crafted rerelease and will delight both new and old players alike.

GameMAG - Russian - 9 / 10

And now it is time for NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, which corrects almost all the flaws of the original release. You can still easily see glimpses of old NieR here - it's almost the same exact game. And that's great, because even after all those years there's still nothing like it.

Kakuchopurei - 90 / 100

It's a no-brainer: Nier Replicant is for the books.

PC Gamer - 90 / 100

Nier Replicant is a fabulous remaster of a lauded but messy cult classic, improving it without giving up on its essential strangeness.

PSX Brasil - Portuguese - 90 / 100

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is the best starting point to discover one of the greatest franchises ever made by Square Enix in recent times. The title is much more than a simple remaster, correcting the main flaws that its original version had, while raising it to a level close to that of its successor. It is gratifying to know that such a title has finally been able to see the light of day again after spending years stuck on a platform.

PlayStation Universe - 9 / 10

The NieR franchise has easily become one of my favorites. After NieR Automata, my need to replay the original NieR grew and grew, and thankfully, Square Enix has answered my prayers for an updated version of the original title. NieR: Replicant tells a fantastic story that's carried by great writing and a soundtrack that stops you in your tracks to listen to its incredible melodies. The only thing that holds Replicant back from true greatness is its old-school take on fetch quests and the horribly constant backtracking.

RPG Site - 9 / 10

Vastly enhanced visuals, a slicker battle system, new content, better performance, and other smart additions makes this the definitive version of what once was a diamond in the rough.

Screen Rant - 4.5 / 5 stars

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... isn't just a comprehensive remake that makes some startling updates - it's also a proof of concept for the series moving forward. The story holds up, the refined combat is engaging, and its charm and melancholy both resonate with a player long after they've put the controller down. In revisiting NieR's past, it becomes clear just how bright its future is. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is something worth playing in 2021 and beyond, and a one-of-a-kind JRPG that continues to challenge convention even a decade after it first began to do so.

Siliconera - 9 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is a more approachable version of an emotional and thought-provoking RPG. This is a game people might not have known what to do with years ago. Now, following the success of NieR: Automata, it’s presented with additional accessibility options, better looking and smoother gameplay, and additional content that gently builds on what was already there.

Twinfinite - 4.5 / 5

Playing through NieR Replicant felt like a fever dream at times, in the same way that NieR: Automata’s reveal at the very first E3 I’d attended felt like a fever dream. It’s a testament to how special NieR is for it to have endured solely in the hearts and minds of its most dedicated fans for a decade, only to explode into a phenomenon that has kept the video game community talking and debating over it long after the credits have rolled. The rough edges of the original release are still present in NieR Replicant, but it’s clear that this game and the series as a whole will no longer just be another faded memory.

Washington Post - 90 / 100

Nier Replicant is a must-play for anyone who loved “Automata,” a game some praise as one of the finest ever created.

Windows Central - 4.5 / 5 stars

The NieR Replicant remake is an excellent action RPG with one of the best game stories ever and updated combat, but it's not without a few problems.

Heavy - 8.8 / 10

Nier Replicant morphs into an engrossing and deeply affecting experience that puts forth a new and improved approach to combat worth mastering.

Hobby Consolas - Spanish - 88 / 100

A generic, sub-par action RPG that is neither generic, sub-par or even an action RPG. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is a unique game that constantly plays with our expectations, deconstructing a genre while constructing a subversive narrative. It may not be perfect, but it's still a must have.

Destructoid - 8.5 / 10

There aren't many games like NieR Replicant, and I'm not just talking about in the modern era, but since 2010 as a whole. Whatever power that be helped Yoko Taro become world-famous, to the point where he can keep making these weird masterpieces, in any format: thank you.

Fextralife - 8.5 / 10

Nier Replicant is an endearing, comfortably predictable story that turns out to be nothing of the sort. Relaxing afternoons fishing or cultivating and action-packed dungeons coexist to deliver an ingeniously conceived narrative that will stay with you for years to come, as you try and fail to stop humming the fantastic soundtrack.

PlayStation LifeStyle - 8.5 / 10

NieR Replicant is a game I won't be forgetting anytime soon. Its story is fantastically dark, incredibly unique and told in such a fascinating way, while its mix of combat and exploration has just the right hints of Zelda that make it a hell of a lot of fun to play through. It has some repetition issues and shows its true age in some areas, but it's a game I'd recommend to the first-time NieR players like myself as well as the Automata die-hards. I guess it's time for me to finish that game after all.

Press Start - 8.5 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is a fantastic celebration of a game that, even after a decade, feels unmatched in how it tells its incredibly unique story. The visual overhaul is excellent, and the combat better than ever. However, some archaic quest design acts as a deft reminder that this is a game from ten years ago. Without a doubt, though, this is the best way to experience NieR where it all began.

RPG Fan - 85 / 100

Regardless of my feelings on the final changes, or at my annoyances at the reptetitions, few games touch my soul as deeply as this series does. NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is still an experience that will always stick with me, whether I think my hard work has been rewarded or not. The original 2010 release came with many caveats, and Replicant has softened many while bringing some of its own, but this is a game that makes me think and feel more than most others. It’s tedious, mindless, and even frustrating at times, but this rerelease makes a peculiar, melancholy and beautiful game much easier to recommend.

WellPlayed - 8.5 / 10

It's probably not going to win over haters of the original, but for returning fans or those who jumped in at Automata this is a fantastic update to a cult classic game that also happens to bring with it some very exciting new surprises.

Worth Playing - 8.5 / 10

Nier Replicant Ver.1.22474487139... is the best way to play a genuinely amazing game. The flaws of the original version have been smoothed out some more, and while it still struggles with tedium and grind, the bright spots stand out. Even if you're not traditionally into JRPGs, I can recommend Nier because its unique story and tremendous voicework make it stand out as an extremely well-told tale. Be prepared to curse the designer who decided that one of the most common items you need to upgrade weapons has what feels like a 1% drop rate.

COGconnected - 84 / 100

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… is the perfect way for fans of Automata to experience the original and for newcomers to engage with the franchise. With updated combat and visuals, Replicant can proudly sit amongst greats in the genre, however, the hypersexualized representation of Kainé remains and deters from an incredible experience.

Video Chums - 8.4 / 10

As one of the most underrated games from its generation, NieR can now find a new audience who are sure to appreciate its jaw-dropping story, pitch-perfect tone, and super-rewarding boss fights.

Wccftech - 8.4 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... restores lost content alongside a brand new ending but requires players to retread the same 60+ hour grind to experience what's unique to this oddly numbered JRPG.

Game Informer - 8.3 / 10

You'll spend most of your time going from Point A to Point B collecting materials for forgettable NPCs, but the main questline will keep you on the edge of your seat

IGN Italy - Italian - 8.3 / 10

An excellent return of a classic, Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is a perfect opportunity for both newcomers and old players to (re)discover an action-RPG that was too badly criticized at the time.

Everyeye.it - Italian - 8.2 / 10

NieR Replicant just modernizes a rather controversial work, and improves it to the right point. Emotionally destabilizing on the narrative front, Yoko Taro's action RPG, reinterpreted on a playful level by the Toylogic team, maintains its essence halfway between genius and madness, without the needle always positioning in the right medium between the two extremes.

GamePro - German - 82 / 100

Packing action drama with sword, magic and depth. But suffers from empty game world, backtracking and totally barren side tasks.

3DNews - Russian - 8 / 10

Remaster NieR admires not as much as NieR: Automata, because of the ragged pace of storytelling. But it is still a good action with a wonderful plot, which benefited from improvements in the gameplay.

Attack of the Fanboy - 4 / 5 stars

Gamers weren't quite ready for Yoko Taro's NieR back in 2010, but now the now cult classic is getting another chance in the way it was originally intended. On top of additional content and bonuses not found in the original, NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... features a beautifully melancholy narrative that is equal parts gut-wrenching and heartfelt, all of which is very worth experiencing.

Digital Chumps - 8 / 10

Nier presented as an action role-playing game. Nier was actually a controlled demolition of genre conventions driven by a taste for subversion and a desire to explore emotional boundaries between mild sorrow and hysterical despair. Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… keeps Nier intact with distinct improvements to its operation and accessibility. It remains an eccentric, effective, and occasionally inhospitable member of its medium.

EGM - 8 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487129… remakes an under-appreciated action RPG for a new era of consoles and players, giving us another look into the beautifully bizarre mind of creator Yoko Taro. Replicant isn't the most impressive remake on a technical or visual level, but it's received some very welcome upgrades, such as an improved combat system. More importantly, the thing that didn't need fixing wasn't broken: the original's captivating storyline and cast of characters. Everything in that regard is still here as it should be, just told through the eyes of the initially intended protagonist, and with a few pieces of originally cut content restored.

Game Rant - 4 / 5 stars

NieR Replicant overall is a successful remaster, with a bit of spit and polish improving many facets of the original game, but with some of the negatives unfortunately carrying over as well. The end result is an action RPG that will keep most players entertained for many hours, as the story, combat, and characters outweigh the boredom of Replicant’s sometimes repetitive gameplay.

GameSkinny - 8 / 10 stars

NieR Replicant Ver. 1.22474487139 is an upgraded version of the original NieR, and it improves on almost all aspects to offer something for both newcomers and veterans alike.

GameSpot - 8 / 10

Though antiquated in some respects, Nier Replicant will tear your heart out with its timeless story, endearing and tragic characters, and beautiful soundtrack.

Gameblog - French - 8 / 10

Adressed to both new players and longtime fans, NieR Replicant succeds in transcending the NieR experience, thanks to its enhanced (yet imperfect) visuals, its full re-recorded soundtrack and voice-acting and its new gameplay mechanics to make it feel more like NieR Automata. For sure, the addition of new scenes, such as the Mermaid episode and an all-new ending, represent a powerful argument to those who are already familiar with the original game.

God is a Geek - 8 / 10

Nier Replicant is so damn fun to play. Combat is ultimately its best feature, but some of the ideas are implemented superbly, whether in the story or the mechanics.

Hardcore Gamer - 4 / 5

NieR Replicant ver1.

IGN - 8 / 10

Improved visuals and smoothed out combat go a long way in Nier's update, but it's the story that's the star of the show

LevelUp - Spanish - 8 / 10

Nier Replicant 1.22474487139… gives the cult game a second chance. Technical improvements make the experience much better than the original without changing its essense, and new content nurtures Yoko Taro universe, although, it didn't age well.

Metro GameCentral - 8 / 10

A highly polished remaster of the almost-classic action role-player, that is still stuck with some of the original flaws but allows the thoughtful, and very humorous, script to shine.

PPE.pl - Polish - 8 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is a production aimed mainly at fans of the original Nier and Slot Machines, who would like to know how it all began. If you're not familiar with the universe, you can bounce back from the game, but give this game a chance and you won't regret it.

TheSixthAxis - 8 / 10

NieR Replicant was always an odd title that was great both in spite of and because of its limitations. Many of those oddities remain in Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139..., but it's a more refined experience on the whole that doesn't feel quite so awkward when placed alongside the superb NieR Automata.

TrueGaming - Arabic - 8 / 10

A touch up to a cult hit title that made it accessible to old or new Nier Fans

VG247 - 4 / 5 stars

While the backtracking remains, it feels much less painful this time around thanks to it being part of a game with smooth performance that’s ultimately much more fun to actually play. The game is considerably improved as a result, and much of what made the original quietly special can now shine far more brightly. It might not be perfect, but within this slightly flawed framework beats the heart of an absolute masterpiece. Those who fell in love with Nier through Automata should go into this with a clear expectation that this is not that game – but if they do, they’ll find much to love.

Gamers Heroes - 75 / 100

Despite being a great game and a worthwhile remake, NieR Replicant ver.1.22 is not for everyone. Some of the dated design elements are frustrating and needlessly time consuming. The story, while incredible, is locked away behind multiple playthroughs and endings, with its true value being entirely subjective depending on how much time you’re willing to invest. However, none of this is news to fans of NieR: Automata. Put simply, if you’ve been waiting for a deeper, darker dive into the world of NieR, ver.1.22 will not disappoint.

IGN Spain - Spanish - 7.5 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.2247444487139... is an update of the cult hit that, despite what it may seem at first glance, represents an excellent way to approach the classic. An update that focuses on combat and technical aspects while keeping the structure and essence of the original intact. As chaotic as it is brilliant.

INVEN - Korean - 7.5 / 10

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is a title located between remaster and remake. While maintaining the original storytelling, the graphics and combat systems have improved dramatically. In particular, the combat system gives satisfying action fun thanks to the reference of Nier: Automata. However, due to the game’s limitations being a "remaster", there are still divided opinions in the parts that existed back in the original.

Spaziogames - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139... doesn't fix the original game's flaws but, from a technical stand point, serves finally justice to an underestimated and obscure cult

The Games Machine - Italian - 7.5 / 10

Nier Replicant Ver. 1.22474487139 is not a remake but neither a simple remastered. It's an enhanced version that fixes some of the original game's issues and delivers a bunch of new content, but does nothing to refresh its dated approach to world and quest design.

Digital Trends - 3.5 / 5 stars

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… confirms that the original NieR was both way ahead of its time and far behind it. The story is tremendously captivating and it’s only gotten better with newly added content. On the other side of the coin, the repetitive gameplay feels outdated even by 2010 standards. Those who press through the 30-hour adventure will be rewarded with a bold narrative odyssey. It may even outdo NieR Automata in retrospect, but it’s hard to blame anyone who’d rather watch it all on YouTube instead of playing it for themselves.

GamingBolt - 7 / 10

NieR Replicant's upgrades put it nearly on par with NieR: Automata, and while it doesn't live up to the tight package Automata provided, it's a great addition for anyone who missed it the first time around.

PCGamesN - 7 / 10

Some creaky design concepts that don't hold up well and a slipshod PC port hold Nier Replicant back from greatness on PC.

Xbox Achievements - 70 / 100

A welcome revamp to a more than decade-old cult classic, NieR Replicant ver.122474487139... will be equally inviting to Automata fans, NieR veterans, and newcomers alike. Only a lack of variety, a lightweight combat challenge, and disappointing boss encounters put a downer on proceedings.

IGN Middle East - Arabic - 6 / 10

Even though Nier Replicant ver.1.22474487139 greatly enhance the flow of the gameplay it still lags behind better games and sadly misses the chance to add true innovation to boss fights or enemy types, and while the new story cutscenes will indeed catch the interest of the series mega fans, it's implemented in such a bad way that you'd be better off watching it through youtube rather than playing the same missions over and over again in multiple reruns.

VideoGamer - 6 / 10

Taro's approach is of a restless rarity; he swaps genres as though trying to scratch an itch.

ACG - Buy

Video Review - Quote not available

Chicas Gamers - Spanish - Unscored

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139 is an action RPG in which we will embark on a journey to save the life of our little sister from a terminal illness. A remake will appeal to both original players and those who did not enjoy the title then. Full of frenetic combats and emotional scenes with graphics and a soundtrack will not leave you indifferent, although with many errors in the artificial intelligence of your companions and the 2D scrolling sections. An essential experience for lovers of RPG.

Console Creatures - Recommended

NieR Replicant is finally getting its due thanks to upgraded combat, enhanced visuals and one of the best soundtracks of all time. If you skipped out the first time or only played Automata, Replicant is where it all started and worth a visit.

Eurogamer - No Recommendation / Blank

A safe choice for fans, this slight reimagining turns a weak game into an okay one.

Polygon - Unscored

So I return to the caveats. If you’re a fan of the series, and you can respect the audacity of these decade-old ideas, Nier Replicant is the best appetizer yet for whatever main course Square Enix will inevitably serve in the future. But for newcomers or casual fans, the caveat stands: Nier Replicant is worth the time, but only if you have plenty of time to spend.

• Thanks 3

• Commissar SFLUFAN changed the title to NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... - Information Thread, update: reviews from OpenCritic posted

From the couple reviews I read, the game shows its age with outdated fetch quests and things like that, fun gameplay, and most reviewers are upset about an achievement that emulates looking up 2B's skirt, but with Kaine.

Warning that it seems they learned nothing from Automata and the pc port is shit again judging by impressions. It sounds like you can’t go last 60 because game logic is tied to frame rate so it doesn’t run right and you have to use Special K again to get that to be proper as well.

Ugh, may have bought it this weekend but I think I’ll wait now, really wish this was on switch honestly.

2 hours ago, stepee said:

Warning that it seems they learned nothing from Automata and the pc port is shit again judging by impressions. It sounds like you can’t go last 60 because game logic is tied to frame rate so it doesn’t run right and you have to use Special K again to get that to be proper as well.

Ugh, may have bought it this weekend but I think I’ll wait now, really wish this was on switch honestly.

Special K mod did help a lot with Automata - to the degree I had a great gaming experience on PC. Perhaps same can happen here? It shouldn't have to be the case, but you work with what ya got.