What are you playing today?

7 hours ago, best3444 said:

Showing off my new OLED Switch at my family gathering. They were extremely impressed. 

Yes, OLED Deck. My 31 yr old nephew now is buying one. He never saw it in action. Everyone at the gathering couldn't believe i was paying Spider-Man like that lol. 

• Hype 1

Battlefield 3 Campaign..Been seeing a lot about COD campaigns.. so that obviously pushed me to want to play the great Medal of Honor 2010 campaign… since its not Backwards Compatible I went with Battlefield 3. Its solid so far, the “interrogation/flashback” setup is lame but the combat scenarios and sound design definitely hold up well enough.

Sonic Origins on switch. Sure it sucks that the original music isn’t there for some of sonic 3 but I’m still having a blast playing through it. Mainly because Sonic 3 is the one I’m still missing for my genesis collection, so it’s been a while since I’ve played it.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:23 PM, Remarkableriots said:

I'm playing Another World- 20th Anniversary Edition, A Plague Tale: Innocence, I am Bread, Sky: Children of the Light, Dungeons 2, Nioh and Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel.

How can you play so many games at the same time? :lol:

On 11/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, Dre801 said:

Killzone: Shadow Fall.  Had never played it and was curious as to why people seem to hate it so much.  I'm reasonably enjoying it, personally.

It’s in my backlog, and I always thought that it looked good. I plan on playing it when I’m in the mood for an FPS.

9 hours ago, Remarkableriots said:

I've always been able to do that. Even back on the NES, I would be playing multiple games.

I would play multiple games back on the NES/SNES and SMS/Genesis because a lot of games for them were arcade-y, simplistic in design and short. But when games started advancing more and becoming more complex and longer is when I began only playing one at a time until I finished it.

I'm trying to finish Spider-Man 2. It's a good game but it's not having the same impact the first one did on me. It's definitely impressive though. 

@Biggie I have been playing a free trial of NBA 2K24 on PS5 as a heads up. Full access to the entire game for like 2 hours or something. It's solid and I played as a young Kobe and dropped 51 points on the Spurs. 2k really needs a new engine especially for the crowd. They look lame and don't respond accordingly. I laughed my ass off seeing how ridiculously stupid Steve Kerr looked on the Spurs bench, too. 

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I'm trying to finish Spider-Man 2. It's a good game but it's not having the same impact the first one did on me. It's definitely impressive though. 

@Biggie I have been playing a free trial of NBA 2K24 on PS5 as a heads up. Full access to the entire game for like 2 hours or something. It's solid and I played as a young Kobe and dropped 51 points on the Spurs. 2k really needs a new engine especially for the crowd. They look lame and don't respond accordingly. I laughed my ass off seeing how ridiculously stupid Steve Kerr looked on the Spurs bench, too. 

Not a fan of anything 2K sports. They need to make NBA Jam purchasable on the Microsoft store. Wtf

1 minute ago, Biggie said:

Not a fan of anything 2K sports. They need to make NBA Jam purchasable on the Microsoft store. Wtf

I don't blame you in not being a fan of 2K. They have the same issue as Madden too. They are the only game on the block so they just do roster updates year after year. Kobe looked good though but it's the same game I've played for over 10 years.

NBA Jam is the goat. 

Today has been maybe 45-69 minutes of God of War Ragnarok, dying over and over on the same level in Super Mario Bros Wonder (the rising pink stuff), then on the Switch N64 expansion, I played through the first three levels of Goldeneye and then completed Pokemon Puzzle League on easy. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

I’m liking the Switch Expansion more than I thought I would. Started Oracle of Ages (as part of a disguised attempt to play through the Zelda games I haven’t managed yet - so this, Minoan Cap, Link to the Past - the latter being games I got 3/4 of the way through and, for whatever reason, stopped). 

Edit: it’s way too much money, but I’m really enjoying gaming at the moment (clearly must be a shift in the weather) to the point I’m really thinking about buying a PlayStation Portal so I can play something whilst my daughter watches cartoons. I think with one my wife and I would easily see off a game every few weeks each. 

As I got the second new game plus ending in Chrono Cross I remembered, I can just push in the right stick to become invincible so I loaded up an earlier save and got the first one. I've only been using that for a couple bosses to beat them first chance instead of having to come back later. I've been constantly using the speed boost.

8 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Starfield 

I miss that game. I will definitely play through it and beat it when things settle down for me. 

Spider-Man 2 is fuckin awesome. I'm finally hitting its stride and venom is brutal. 

Spoiler

Beating Mary Jane was very difficult for me. 

Just now, stepee said:

Finishing Alan Wake 2 the last couple days now that I’m all better! I’m at the point of no return now and it’s all just so fantastic. Also playing Doom Eternal on the deck oled and this game kinda fucking rules?

I played and beat Doom at release. It was fuckin phenomenal and won some GOTY awards the year it released. 

Alan Wake 2 that good, huh. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

I played and beat Doom at release. It was fuckin phenomenal and won some GOTY awards the year it released. 

Alan Wake 2 that good, huh. 

Alan Wake 2 is everything I hoped it would be and more, it’s Remedy’s masterpiece imo. But it’s such a weird game I’m surprised it hasn’t been more divisive than it is.

Yeah I played some of the original Doom 2016 release and it didn’t do it for me but this seems totally different. A lot of platforming. More of an adventure game than a straight doom game almost.

• Thanks 1

AC Mirage is by far the worst entry in the AC series. The combat is a step back. The traversing feels strangely off to the point I mainly run on the ground. The context sensitive button prompts are super finicky. No mention of the modern day stuff so far. It definitely has a DLC feel to it. I would say I am not worried for the future of this series but with the current state of Ubisoft, I am not confident.

also playing a ton of Yakuza Gaiden. Kiryu is da best. 

• Sad 1